Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    You guys bringing your (bunker) gear in your car?
    I dont foresee us using it, but Im bringing mine.

Heres another question: the list on the first page of the orientation section mentions a badge and a dark blue official jacket as things to be worn in every day. Are these things we havent been issued yet, or did I f-up my quartermaster visit?
    Last edited by SkylinePCG; 06-20-2008 at 11:48 PM.

Forum Member

The only jacket I got was the "all weather" jacket. And surely I didn't get a badge. I think* we get our id's and possibly that badge at swear in?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    Just do the toe. Don't even bother with the heel. Nobody really looks anyway. And when they do the run, just lag in the back, no sense knocking yourself out, it's a long day. During class, don't ask any questions, it just makes the class run longer. By the way, when you get into the field you only have to search the first room you find, if it's empty, most likely the rest are also.
    Sounds like good advice. Half *** the shoes, Be slow (don't build up any endurance and better yourself), You might as well sleep through class if you don't ask questions. (who cares what you learn anyway you will never need it to save anyones life one day), and give up after one room (if one room is empty they all must be. Don't bother checking the closets either. Kids never hide)

God please, please tell me you are being sarcastic.

Forum Member

He fu*king WORKS at the rock.

So July 1st you guys are starting officially? Or is it just the meet and greet day and then you'll come back next week to start?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by In2theJob View Post

God please, please tell me you are being sarcastic.

Does your firehouse even have a kitchen?

Forum Member

He fu*king WORKS at the rock.
    So what, He works at "da rock" that's not cool. Most people that read this thread has no idea about the job, and this is there only tool to learn about it.
    I know better, NOT to listen to the last post / what he said, The 19-23yr old kid would believe anything he says so he shouldn't post stuff like that. YOU FELLAS BETTER LEARN TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES. Cause I know the DI's gonna love to play head games with us. "Calm" you need to play nice.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2times View Post
    So what, He works at "da rock" that's not cool. Most people that read this thread has no idea about the job, and this is there only tool to learn about it.
    I know better, NOT to listen to the last post / what he said, The 19-23yr old kid would believe anything he says so he shouldn't post stuff like that. YOU FELLAS BETTER LEARN TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES. Cause I know the DI's gonna love to play head games with us. "Calm" you need to play nice.
    And 4 the record if I do go to the FDNY and "CalmB4" finds out who I am I'm sure he'll let me have it. But the way I see it, the more push ups I do the stronger I'll be, I do 100-150 pushups a day anyway. I just hope it's not much more then that. LOL.

Forum Member

There's no need for all this bullsh1t that's been coming here lately. Get it the hell out of this thread. Keep the useful things coming and f the rest.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

There's no need for all this bullsh1t that's been coming here lately. Get it the hell out of this thread. Keep the useful things coming and f the rest.
    Right on brother.. I second that.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

I agree ....

Forum Member

Haven't been here in a while. Didn't realize he worked there. But like Jimmy said not everyone would see that as being sarcastic.

Hey but if it gives him some more fun while he is there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2times View Post
    you should get your pack soon. I'm about 200 numbers b4 your's. you should start to get ur paper work together. A few posts back somebody posed the paperwork you'll need.
    Yea I saw that mess of paperwork. But he laid it out pretty good. What are your dates for your CPAT?

Forum Member

Default Fdny

World's greatest part-time job.......here we come!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    For the run, how many laps around that place on Randalls Island is it? Also, is it mostly uphill/downhill? Any info would be appreciated I'm doing 1.5 mile around my neighborhood in about 11 minutes just want to make sure I'm squared away for Monday.
    It's a short run out on a cinder path near the river. You turn around at a foot bridge and head back the way you came, this time on pavement. The run there is slightly** very slight uphill and the run back is obviously slightly down. It's pretty shady and a nice breeze comes off the river. It's a great run, and it really will be over before you know it. I ran it in 10 and change without even pushing myself, when I had been averaging in the upper 11's on my own.

Forum Member

It's a short run out on a cinder path near the river. You turn around at a foot bridge and head back the way you came, this time on pavement. The run there is slightly** very slight uphill and the run back is obviously slightly down. It's pretty shady and a nice breeze comes off the river. It's a great run, and it really will be over before you know it. I ran it in 10 and change without even pushing myself, when I had been averaging in the upper 11's on my own.
    Second that. You don't realize the uphill, and the downhill is a welcome finish. It is extremely quick and I was sure there was more to the run. I had been in mid 11's and ran a 10 and change with zero issue.

Forum Member

Hey guys,

Been training super hard for the past 6 months, and was looking forward to another 6 months of hard training before i (god willing) get to the rock in January. All my pre-processing tests and paperwork are done and i am awaiting the close of my investigation. I am happy to say that i am close to the best shape of my life.

Then the SH*T hit the fan. I am an amateur boxer and had a fight last night. Broke 2 ribs on my left side. I've never had broken ribs before, and am wondering about A) how much time this is gonna take till i can lift/run/box again, and B) how i can keep from f'ing this up and making it a permanent nagging injury.

Any of you guys have experience with this sort of thing and could help me out, it'd be REALLY appreciated. I didnt go to the doctor; i spoke to the ringside doc at the fight and he said if it didnt give me any serious problems that day or the next (pnemothorax, abdominal pain), that the ribs would be treated the same way NO MATTER WHAT. Pain meds, rest.

Training for the rock is everything i got right now, as i know it is for almost all of you too. I have to get back to 100% ASAP. Any advice?

Forum Member

Hey Ribs,

I had the same thing happen to me about 8 years ago. Bruised/broken, treatments the same: Dont do anything that makes you breathe hard. Give it 6-8 weeks and see how you feel. Not much else you can do.

Throw in the towel on that sport until you get through. I know its fun, but whats more important to you?

Forum Member

Last edited by claneshark; 12-25-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    .....???.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrOOkLyN718 View Post
    .....???.....
    Haters of the job (especially Cops) call the FDNY, the world's greatest part-time job.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Haters of the job (especially Cops) call the FDNY, the world's greatest part-time job.
    Haters of the job??? This punk is not even on the job. From reading his previous posts it looks like he has some time to wait. If you got that attitude before you even get hired then maybe you should stay at burger king where you belong. The job does not need or want your type.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    I hope you get bounced out in TWO seconds! We don't need anyone with that attitude anywhere near a fire house.

This job is more full time than anything out there. This is going to be your life!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I hope you get bounced out in TWO seconds! We don't need anyone with that attitude anywhere near a fire house.

This job is more full time than anything out there. This is going to be your life!
    dude, i think he was being sarcastic. I dont know, i am no expert on sarcasm, but that is just my evaluation of the situation. I wasn't aware that firefighter wanna be's were so high strung.

Default List 6019

I know its too soon to tell but how far do you think they will get on the list for the next 4 years from now?

Thread Information