Page 612 of 618 FirstFirst ... 112512562602609610611612613614615 ... LastLast
Results 12,221 to 12,240 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Merritmatters,

I had shoulder surgery before I got on. PM me and we'll chat

Forum Member

so can someone (in a nutshell) explain what this $128m settlement means for #6019 and especially the 300 of us (including myself) that made it but were never called. I had tried to put this behind me but just found out about the settlement and am wondering what it really means for us, all of us.
    crystyle323 likes this.

Forum Member

The settlement means nothing for 6019 candidates. I would like to know what is the status of the appeal is they said spring we are now almost to the summer.

Forum Member

hi guys i been following this forum for years but just joined after being told that if the city wins the appeals we need to stick together and try to keep this list alive. there is no reason to skip us on this list and move foward to the 2000 list. I hope everyone is ready to stick together on this issue and keep this list going in the future.

Forum Member

List 6019 officialy expires June 12th 2012

Forum Member

Yea it is supossed to expire but there is no reason if the city wins the appeal that they should not use up our list before going to the 2000 list.

Forum Member

Anyone doing the Spartan Race this weekend in Tuxedo, NY?

Forum Member

Just a quick update.

June 26th 10:00am New York City and the Vulcans are in front of the court of appeals. Not really sure if this is a rulling or what. Here is the link to the court schedule.

http://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/Docs/Calendar/jun/jun25.pdf
    Ravendmb1 and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QueensFFCAND View Post
    Just a quick update.

June 26th 10:00am New York City and the Vulcans are in front of the court of appeals. Not really sure if this is a rulling or what. Here is the link to the court schedule.

6019 NEVER DYING ALWAYS BREATHING!!!

we WILL have our voice heard!!!!
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    6019 NEVER DYING ALWAYS BREATHING!!!

we WILL have our voice heard!!!!
    We better all start getting together and get ready to fight to keep this list alive. Cant believe its been 4 year already. A lot of us should have been on the job for years now, instead it was taken from us. now we need to come together and fight for whats right.
    sffdnyhopeful09 and DumpIt like this.

Forum Member

Alright Boys and Girls......Lets pack the courtroom June 26th at 10am 500 Pearl St in Lower Manhattan ,is where they are having the oral arguments of the appeal....

Lets show this City,Judge, and Fire Department that even though 6019 just exhausted, that we are still in this together till the VERY END!

Let our presence be heard! 6019 NEVER DYING ALWAYS BREATHING!!!

I hope many can attend as this will be the first steps in getting that judge off of our case!!!!
    FDNYPD likes this.

Forum Member

If this is an oral argument the rulling will follow. The court rules and write a letter to the parties invovled within 90 days.

HOPEFULLY by the end of this summer we will have some closure.

It might be a long shot, but at least we still have a chance.

Forum Member

If this is an oral argument the rulling will follow. The court rules and write a letter to the parties invovled within 90 days.

HOPEFULLY by the end of this summer we will have some closure.

It might be a long shot, but at least we still have a chance.
    I will be there guys. i hope we have a lot of ppl there supporting us! I really need them to reinstate this list!!

Forum Member

Hey guys, I'm going do my best to take a day and make it there as well. Also, I just called the DCAS automated number to see my status on different lists and interestingly enough 6019 was still there but the recording said the "list was terminated on June 11, 2012 and will no longer be used to fill vacancies." Do any of you guys know if its possible to reinstate a list after it already been terminated? Does anybody know if its ever happened before?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm going do my best to take a day and make it there as well. Also, I just called the DCAS automated number to see my status on different lists and interestingly enough 6019 was still there but the recording said the "list was terminated on June 11, 2012 and will no longer be used to fill vacancies." Do any of you guys know if its possible to reinstate a list after it already been terminated? Does anybody know if its ever happened before?
    Gimmefire i believe anything can happen if the vulcons were able to take this list away from us i believe the city, judge, whoever can reinstate the list just as easy. im not sure if it ever happend in the past but i do know that they just extended the sanitation list for another 2 yrs. They can basically do whatever they want. It is real important for as many of us as possible to be at the court house on June 26th and fight for what is right. Them terminating this list was unjustified and we need to stand up for rights.
    DC33017 likes this.

Forum Member

Default day of reckoning

Just a quick update.

Exciting news! I can not attend but I will be sending a prayer out to the universe that these villains be defeated and justice be served for all of us on 6019.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by remoray229 View Post
    Exciting news! I can not attend but I will be sending a prayer out to the universe that these villains be defeated and justice be served for all of us on 6019.

Yes sir! I will be attending on tuesday at the courthouse. Is anyone else coming to show support for 6019 and to make sure that justice is served and we finally get on the job!

Forum Member

Well, the Second Circuit released the judges that will be presiding over the case, they are: Newman, Winter, Pooler. I tried to dig up some info about each of them.

Pooler, who was nominated by Clinton, is supposedly the most liberal judge in the Second Circuit (she also sat on the Second Circuit panel that affirmed the decision of the district court in the Ricci v. Destefano case) . Newman was nominated by Carter and is considered to be liberal (from what I read, his opinions while he was a district judge were influential in the Roe v. Wade case). Winter was nominated by Reagan and is said to be a moderate conservative. They're all in their mid to late 70's and have been at it for a long time.

Judging (and assuming a lot) by these judges prior persuasions in other cases, the city might have to take this one to the Supreme Court. Hopefully not.

supreme court probably wont hear it, they just denied a couple other FD discrimination cases, new haven (again) and north hudson regional in NJ i think they were
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Well, the Second Circuit released the judges that will be presiding over the case, they are: Newman, Winter, Pooler. I tried to dig up some info about each of them.

Pooler, who was nominated by Clinton, is supposedly the most liberal judge in the Second Circuit (she also sat on the Second Circuit panel that affirmed the decision of the district court in the Ricci v. Destefano case) . Newman was nominated by Carter and is considered to be liberal (from what I read, his opinions while he was a district judge were influential in the Roe v. Wade case). Winter was nominated by Reagan and is said to be a moderate conservative. They're all in their mid to late 70's and have been at it for a long time.

Judging (and assuming a lot) by these judges prior persuasions in other cases, the city might have to take this one to the Supreme Court. Hopefully not.

Actually, it seems like Judge Pauline Newman (who is NOT a man) was in fact nominated by Reagan along with Winter. So it seems like only 1 out of the 3 judges will be left leaning, which must be a great thing for the city and the future of the FDNY.

*Edit - unless the judge is Jon Newman... I guess there are a couple different Newman's in the second circuit. He was at first nominated by Nixon for US district court for what its worth.
    Last edited by River6019; 06-21-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Thread Information