Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 615 of 618 FirstFirst ... 115515565605612613614615616617618 LastLast
Results 12,281 to 12,300 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Default 6019 we got to figh!!

I think we should come together and fight it is not fair at all!!!! They should continue to hire off of our list just like nypd, co and some other agencies that hire off of differnt list they need to keep our list alive!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by crystyle323 View Post
    I think we should come together and fight it is not fair at all!!!! They should continue to hire off of our list just like nypd, co and some other agencies that hire off of differnt list they need to keep our list alive!!
    I am with you 100%. the only thing is we need enough people to make enough noise. We should be in front of that court house standing up and fighting to keep our list going. Just not sure how many people we have that are willing to fight this battle.

Forum Member

i dont know how people did worse on an easier test. 4xxx on 6019 and 2000 was extremely easy. Definitely sucks, but I just dont get it for those that did so well on 6019.

Forum Member

Default Even before i took exam 2000 I felt that this was unfair

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    i dont know how people did worse on an easier test. 4xxx on 6019 and 2000 was extremely easy. Definitely sucks, but I just dont get it for those that did so well on 6019.
    Im not sure what You dont get with that test it was too easy i was focusing on getting a hundred taken my time and one part closed out on me and i missed 4 question i scored 5 points less then i did on the 6019 test. Its just not right that test should not have been thrown out of course you would feel alright because you got a better score on a easier test. Congrats in all but don't knock who did well on a test that they tried they best on in 07 for it to be thrown out

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Im not sure what You dont get with that test it was too easy i was focusing on getting a hundred taken my time and one part closed out on me and i missed 4 question i scored 5 points less then i did on the 6019 test. Its just not right that test should not have been thrown out of course you would feel alright because you got a better score on a easier test. Congrats in all but don't knock who did well on a test that they tried they best on in 07 for it to be thrown out

I honestly think they should of gave you guys the priority hiring. All they did was give an age extension so that you guys would shut up about the test being thrown out. These people are messing individuals lives up, but of course they don't give two sh1ts because they are in a position of power.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Because the personality F'ed a lot of people. They told you one thing and rewarded another.

Forum Member

I have discovered no information whatsoever regarding the city's so-called appeal; no current status, no court visibility, etc. My guess is that no one is pushing anything until the USSC rules on the Univ. of Texas affirmative action case first.

Even if they DID appeal, Bloomberg wouldn't want to hire off list 6019 because of Tier 2, correct? Or am I wrong and even those of us that took 6019 and should have been hired off of it would be subjected to the garbage of Tier 6?

And yes, I too lost about 4000+ spots in line on the new and "improved" Exam 2000 vs. 6019. I'm no FDNY historian but I am unaware of any group of people as screwed over as list 6019 candidates in the last 30 years. Combine that with the country's budgetary and fiscal crises and we have a perfect storm.

Forum Member

The exam you took has no bearing on what tier you would be. The date that you enter city service/begin your pensionable time is the only thing that matters there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Months View Post
    I have discovered no information whatsoever regarding the city's so-called appeal; no current status, no court visibility, etc. My guess is that no one is pushing anything until the USSC rules on the Univ. of Texas affirmative action case first.

Even if they DID appeal, Bloomberg wouldn't want to hire off list 6019 because of Tier 2, correct? Or am I wrong and even those of us that took 6019 and should have been hired off of it would be subjected to the garbage of Tier 6?

And yes, I too lost about 4000+ spots in line on the new and "improved" Exam 2000 vs. 6019. I'm no FDNY historian but I am unaware of any group of people as screwed over as list 6019 candidates in the last 30 years. Combine that with the country's budgetary and fiscal crises and we have a perfect storm.
    Waiting4months, Like ive been saying all along be ready to fight for priority hiring. if another group can make noise and succeed in what they want we can do the same. i too was knocked down 8000 list spots on the new test and now at the age limit. Just be ready to be heard when it is our time. make it your proirity to fight back and be there to support keeping 6019 alive.

Forum Member

It was so easy you did worse?? I would've been hired off of either so its no sweat off my back. I asked a question, don't be upset because you weren't prepared

Forum Member

It was so easy you did worse?? I would've been hired off of either so its no sweat off my back. I asked a question, don't be upset because you weren't prepared
    First of buddy i wasnt tryna come at ya head in no way I was very prepared and maybe just alittle bit to focused and wasnt watchin the time and missed 4 questions i scored only 5 point less den i did on the 6019 test. All im saying is keep ur sarcastic statement to yourself your not in the same boat as me okay and i said congrats to you i aint hating on ur score. Im just saying even before i took that test i felt away like what if my score was lower then what i did on my last test. My nerves got the best of me and maybe that how some other felt. This is a job that i really wanted and dreamed about . Like i said Congrats on ur 104 but dont come at me sideways cuz this aint why im on this site.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keep6019alive View Post
    I am with you 100%. the only thing is we need enough people to make enough noise. We should be in front of that court house standing up and fighting to keep our list going. Just not sure how many people we have that are willing to fight this battle.
    SO we gotta try to make it happen!!!

Forum Member

Waiting4months, Like ive been saying all along be ready to fight for priority hiring. if another group can make noise and succeed in what they want we can do the same. i too was knocked down 8000 list spots on the new test and now at the age limit. Just be ready to be heard when it is our time. make it your proirity to fight back and be there to support keeping 6019 alive.
    Im down to fight for 6019!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Months View Post

We have to do what ever it take fair is fair!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    I honestly think they should of gave you guys the priority hiring. All they did was give an age extension so that you guys would shut up about the test being thrown out. These people are messing individuals lives up, but of course they don't give two sh1ts because they are in a position of power.
    Listen and know this, "THEY" didn't give us anything. Candidates off 6019 like D.Hines, A.Sandy, R. Wax, etc. went to council members doors and literally knocked on all of them to tell them we need a age extension. We sat in in a city wide council meeting on Broadway and Duane street to testify on why they should support an age extension which was voted on and approved. Without our effort nothing would've happened, so nobody "gave" us nothing, we gave all members on 6019 who were gonna be aged out of 2000 the opportunity to test again.
    Next your kinda late in the game to if your just starting to fight for 6019, almost 100 of us were meeting in Bryant Park years ago trying to organize whatever we could ex. talking to lawyers, getting advice from Chief Mannix and merit matters, showing up at the court hearings before the rulings were made, trying to get media coverage, etc.
    I'm not trying to say you can't continue the fight just trying to say alot has been tried and know that it's gonna take more than a half effort and a few months. Just to get the age extension took way more than a few months to make happen. IMO the best the city is going for in the appeal is to not make a payout to minorities and the hiring of 293 who were discriminated against.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

I'm in, supposedly we can get a lawyer to do this for/with us. Is anybody in contact with anyone yet?

Who has point on this whole thing?

I vote for DJ. He took the bull by the horns with 6019. And unfortunately he didn't do as well as had hoped off 2000.
    Talk about a kick in the sack.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    I'm in, supposedly we can get a lawyer to do this for/with us. Is anybody in contact with anyone yet?

I have been in contact with cheif maddox and the 2 lawyers fighting the case. I was informed that after the appeal we all can and should file a class action law suit. I feel like i have been discriminated against and i will not stand for it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with test 6019 and we should either have proirity hiring or be given 5 points on top of our score on 2000 to put those that didnt score well higher and have a chance and those that scored well on the top of the new list. just make sure you all stay in touch on this forum and be ready to make noise when our time comes!!

Forum Member

I have been in contact with cheif maddox and the 2 lawyers fighting the case. I was informed that after the appeal we all can and should file a class action law suit. I feel like i have been discriminated against and i will not stand for it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with test 6019 and we should either have proirity hiring or be given 5 points on top of our score on 2000 to put those that didnt score well higher and have a chance and those that scored well on the top of the new list. just make sure you all stay in touch on this forum and be ready to make noise when our time comes!!
    I am in, I will be looking for when the time comes!!
    crystyle323 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post

we could get a lawyer or contact the EEOC

Thread Information