Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 618 of 618 FirstFirst ... 118518568608615616617618
Results 12,341 to 12,347 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Thank you bam, youve been a consistent and intelligent poster on this forum for a long time. Perhaps I missed the info, but all I saw/see is that you need one before appointment. Furthermore i had the license before the class, but was not told the date of the run, and just dont see what damage my running could have done. I just thought that the year of investigation and my direct questions regarding the matter might have triggered something in my investigators memory some time before June. I dont blame anyone but myself for not preemptively addressing the issue, but also see it as a criteria that should have been noticed and brought to my attention ( as the investigators do with any other missing requirements) while I carefully completed all other requirements. I failed to get the license in time for the run, but I had it on the 27th, before the first day of academy, and would have had it sooner if I had been told I needed it. Nonetheless, I respect and appreciate the help given by my investigator and know that my current unemployment is an issue brought about by this selfish and racist court case. The case itself is an insult to minorities everywhere, and the candidates with stories like mine who earned their chance at the academy and a career that means more than anything to them. It threatens a department that needs to be at its best to protect the city and people we all love.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY List 6019 View Post
    Thank you bam, youve been a consistent and intelligent poster on this forum for a long time. Perhaps I missed the info, but all I saw/see is that you need one before appointment. Furthermore i had the license before the class, but was not told the date of the run, and just dont see what damage my running could have done. I just thought that the year of investigation and my direct questions regarding the matter might have triggered something in my investigators memory some time before June. I dont blame anyone but myself for not preemptively addressing the issue, but also see it as a criteria that should have been noticed and brought to my attention ( as the investigators do with any other missing requirements) while I carefully completed all other requirements. I failed to get the license in time for the run, but I had it on the 27th, before the first day of academy, and would have had it sooner if I had been told I needed it. Nonetheless, I respect and appreciate the help given by my investigator and know that my current unemployment is an issue brought about by this selfish and racist court case. The case itself is an insult to minorities everywhere, and the candidates with stories like mine who earned their chance at the academy and a career that means more than anything to them. It threatens a department that needs to be at its best to protect the city and people we all love.
    Did you take 2000?

Forum Member

Absolutely. I couldnt give up the opportunity. I unfortunately did not do as well on 2000. Being honest about things like a single unexcused absence in my senior year of highschool apparently makes me unfit to be a firefighter. If I only knew the ability to blatantly lie was a quality the vulcan test makers sought in a candidate. Nonetheless, I know that 2000 did hold on to some great candidates from 6019 and hope the people who make it understand and appreciate the chance they have won, working beyond their best to earn their place.

Forum Member

can someone shed some light on what happened today with the city winning the appeal. I know it says that the way FD will be hiring has been revised... what does this mean? does this mean that they might reinstate 6019???? wishful thinking but you never know!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keep6019alive View Post
    can someone shed some light on what happened today with the city winning the appeal. I know it says that the way FD will be hiring has been revised... what does this mean? does this mean that they might reinstate 6019???? wishful thinking but you never know!!
    Why don't you read the thread pertaining to 2000? There's a ton of activity in there about today's ruling.

Also, to be blunt, no they won't, it's not happening.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keep6019alive View Post
    Not gonna happen.

Forum Member

Any candidate from List 6019 that passed the run in December 2008 and was given an offer of employment to begin the fire academy and who wishes to join me in a class action suit, please private message or email me (chris.fdny6019@gmail.com) with your information (name, address, email, phone and list #). We have sat in silence long enough.
    -Chris 6019-7xx
    Last edited by chris_6019-7xx; 07-11-2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: *change in email address

Thread Information