Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    dude, i think he was being sarcastic. I dont know, i am no expert on sarcasm, but that is just my evaluation of the situation. I wasn't aware that firefighter wanna be's were so high strung.
    Sarcasm???? more like being an a--hole. Members on this job work hard to keep traditions alive and to keep this job the greatest. No need for some half a-- WANNABE who still has yet to even be offered a chance at the job to make comments like that. He's better off not taking the job with the attitude he has they will eat him alive.

Forum Member

For you runners today, let us know any interesting info you hear. How many guys were there?

Forum Member

Last edited by claneshark; 12-25-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Forum Member

Congrats man.

Forum Member

Question run

what happens if you get over 13 minutes on the run after the academy starts?

Forum Member

any idea what list number was reached to get those 20 runners. congrats on passing claneshark.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by praying6019 View Post
    what happens if you get over 13 minutes on the run after the academy starts?
    I am not currently on the job or in the Academy, but going off what LT Cacciola said during the last CPAT prep class, anything over 13 minutes gets you booted. Between 12 and 13 will get you remedial PT.

Do yourself a favor. We all know that the academy will be tough, there is no need to add more to your plate, by being placed on remedial. Therefore, you need to get it right the first time.

If you're shape, good for you. If not, you have some work to do. Good luck ..
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Wink JULY 1st

thanks dude, I cant wait to start. I'm still at my old job until friday and its killing me. What do we do our first day(s)? Anybody from the throggs neck area in the bronx?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they reached 884 for this class(after this second batch). Good job on the run today guys
    WOW.. 884? That's pretty insane.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

I'll be curious as to how it goes for the next two classes. I'll only be shocked (that it is taking so many) if it does take 900ish+ per class after a couple more. If it does, this list could easily go into the 10,000 range.

Forum Member

Default packets

anyone know what number they're at for sending out packets? And if you just got one can you let me know what number you are. good luck to everyone.
    stay safe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by praying6019 View Post
    thanks dude, I cant wait to start. I'm still at my old job until friday and its killing me. What do we do our first day(s)? Anybody from the throggs neck area in the bronx?
    7/1-7/3 A lot of paperwork, acclimation and close order from the DIs and admin. 7/7 begin classes and the instructors expect you to be squared away at that point. This aint high school, day one of classes you will each make your first impression......and it's hard to change the first impression. Your instructors will be the ones who recommend who stays and who goes so remember the three "A"s and shoot for the middle. 6019 has a lot to prove!

NOTE: The above contains no sarcasm for those of you too stupid to know the difference.

Forum Member

Hey Calm, I don't want to sound bad here, but do we have class on the fourth?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    Hey Calm, I don't want to sound bad here, but do we have class on the fourth?
    Negative, but you're welcome to come in and sweep up the parking lot.

Forum Member

Hey calm, any idea what they're up to or going up to for the next round of packets? I know 1800's already got them. Or is it too early to tell

Forum Member

Cool

Last edited by Jimmy2times; 06-23-2008 at 10:43 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2times View Post
    lol don't worry man...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    7/1-7/3 A lot of paperwork, acclimation and close order from the DIs and admin. 7/7 begin classes and the instructors expect you to be squared away at that point. This aint high school, day one of classes you will each make your first impression......and it's hard to change the first impression. Your instructors will be the ones who recommend who stays and who goes so remember the three "A"s and shoot for the middle. 6019 has a lot to prove!

NOTE: The above contains no sarcasm for those of you too stupid to know the difference.
    Thank you, sir. I don't mean to come off as placing my nose too firmly in your rear, but I (I'm pretty sure this is "we," but it's not my place to speak for others) really appreciate the information that you send our way.

See you guys out there again on 7/1.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

If they have reached 884 for this class then they should be getting to around 1900 for the next class since they will have less E.M.T.'s for the next class

Forum Member

Thumbs up not necessarily

a lot of people deferred (either due to age, college, etc...) and a lot of people who haven't passed the medical may pass for the next one. So they may not go through as many people to get a class for january. GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! Question: Do we bring bunker gear day 1? I'll have it in the car either way. Also do we bring all our P.T. clothes or just for that day? 1 week from today boys...

Forum Member

I was thinking the same thing for the pt clothes. I think we get two lockers, one pt and one bunker. I'm under the impression that we may get our lockers and put all our pt stuff in there. I'm bringing all my pt gear and my bunkers unless I learn otherwise, and even then I still probably will. I don't want to not be prepared.

Forum Member

Tough choice, good luck with the rest of school though. You did the right thing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing for the pt clothes. I think we get two lockers, one pt and one bunker. I'm under the impression that we may get our lockers and put all our pt stuff in there. I'm bringing all my pt gear and my bunkers unless I learn otherwise, and even then I still probably will. I don't want to not be prepared.
    I disagree. I am bringing what I was told, nothing more, nothing less. We were not told to bring our bunkers (I will certainly have them in my car, but I am not marching in with them).
    We were told to bring one set of P/T gear.
    I would assume they will be just as mad at you if you bring more than you were told (i.e. bringing your bunker grear when you were not told to) or if you forget something (like the 3 x 3 carpet).

Forum Member

Sorry, I guess I have to clarify. I'm bringing all the gear and leaving it in my car.

Forum Member

Ok guys I just went to the CPAT Orientation that Dcas gives and I don't know if they told everyone this but they told my group that the next set of CPAT's are going to be given between 8/11 and 8/22(or23). Just letting everyone know. Once again I want to say Good Luck and God Speed to everyone going in 7/1.
    List # 13**

Thread Information