Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 3x3 rug

Quote Originally Posted by tcfdDan View Post
    I disagree. I am bringing what I was told, nothing more, nothing less. We were not told to bring our bunkers (I will certainly have them in my car, but I am not marching in with them).
    We were told to bring one set of P/T gear.
    I would assume they will be just as mad at you if you bring more than you were told (i.e. bringing your bunker grear when you were not told to) or if you forget something (like the 3 x 3 carpet).
    Do they want a rug or an exercise mat?? I have been looking but no luck in finding a mat that big. What did you get?

Forum Member

i was thinking that although there will be alot of people deferring there will also be the same amount if not more deferring in the future classes. so the number of candidates per class should stay roughly the same throughout the life of the list. take it for what its worth, those are the thoughts of a man who was never much of a thinker. good luck to everyone

Forum Member

Question ??????

whats up guys....any ideas what class ill make it into? sitting around 26**

Forum Member

Fellas, rumor has it, that the guys in the academy now, will be getting assigned to a company on Friday. I know what the felt like and I'm sure you can imagine what it'll feel like. It's scary, it's exciting and most of all it's a proud moment and the true begining of your career!

You should think about that day EVERY day. It should drive you. I said this before, but remember, DON'T GIVE UP. Find a routine that works, don't deviate. BE EARLY, for everything! Always play the game. The game's really not that hard and it's the simple things that will get you through, unknown if possible.

Good luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Shoes

Calm I asked the question about the shoes because I was told by my military friends that you only shine the heal and toe of your work duty boots. This was further reinforced when I looked on-line on how to shine a boot. I was in no way trying to be half *** with the shining.

I got a full size yoga mat and am going to cut it in half which will make around a 2 X 3 mat. They are like 8 dollars and you get two!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Mats

PT is done mostly outdoors (except for the occasional monsoon where you might end up inside).
    Yoga/exercise mats - Prone to blow away even in light wind conditions if your (2 x 10# dumbbells) weights aren't on them.
    Carpet remnants - Stay put a little better, but hold water really well. You'll come to appreciate dry clothes after a short time.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Do we need to purchase those 10lb dumbbells? or are they provided to us?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    Ok guys I just went to the CPAT Orientation that Dcas gives and I don't know if they told everyone this but they told my group that the next set of CPAT's are going to be given between 8/11 and 8/22(or23). Just letting everyone know. Once again I want to say Good Luck and God Speed to everyone going in 7/1.
    Is this when they start the 2 practice runs? Or is the 11th through the 22nd the actual test? I know if you pass one of the practice runs you are good to go.

Forum Member

Wink weights

they said if you have 10# weights bring them, if not they will be provided.

They will give you 3 days for the cpat. (ie: 8/11, 8/13/, 8/15) the first two are the practice and the 3rd is the actual test. Once you pass the first practice you dont have to go to the other 2.

Keep running, good luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by praying6019 View Post
    they said if you have 10# weights bring them, if not they will be provided.

They will give you 3 days for the cpat. (ie: 8/11, 8/13/, 8/15) the first two are the practice and the 3rd is the actual test. Once you pass the first practice you dont have to go to the other 2.

Keep running, good luck!
    Thanks!! Are all 3 days so close together? I thought they would be a week apart from each. Doesn't matter, plan on doing it once and done.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neal2578 View Post
    Thanks!! Are all 3 days so close together? I thought they would be a week apart from each. Doesn't matter, plan on doing it once and done.
    Take some time and read this ENTIRE thread from beginning till now. You should be able to find an answer to almost any question you have.

I don't know a single guy that didn't pass it his first time through.

Forum Member

Just got back home from the dcas cpat orientation, they told us the dates for the cpat will be 8/11-8/23. I am also heading out in a few to the rock tonight for the info session and registration for the FDNY prep classes.

Can't wait to run this thing a few times and get my confidence up on it, everything is very very simple when you do it one by one, and I have been working out very hard for 6 months so I wouldn't expect it to be too hard. I am still looking forward to getting out there and doing it and also meeting some of you guys.
    Last edited by jemixxnyc; 06-26-2008 at 08:49 AM.

Forum Member

"FDsouthbxNY".......If you don't mid me asking, what house are you located in?.....just asking b/c i have a few friends in the south bronx in various houses...

Forum Member

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mike13310 View Post
    -i figure around the 4th class

Forum Member

I just talked to one of my ref's and they just got the paperwork yesterday. Just letting everyone know who is around my #

11xx

Forum Member

Hey, you guys talking about gear:

They'll tell you exactly what they want you to wear, bring, ect. No fault in having it in your car, but walking through the gates with your gear when they didn't tell you to bring it is as bad as showing up without it the day they tell you you need it.

Not too much thinking here. You can pretty much leave disgretion at the door. Just get really good at listening and following directions. Still, remember, no matter how good you are and how often you're right, you'll still screw up. It's just part of the game. Don't take it too hard.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LIfire31 View Post
    I just talked to one of my ref's and they just got the paperwork yesterday. Just letting everyone know who is around my #

11xx
    What paperwork did they get? For the Cpat?

Forum Member

One note, that I don't recall being mentioned here. It may seem obvious but make sure those references fill them out and send em in. I was waiting on one for a while, I had to call em up and crack the whip. Don't let anyone hold you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    One note, that I don't recall being mentioned here. It may seem obvious but make sure those references fill them out and send em in. I was waiting on one for a while, I had to call em up and crack the whip. Don't let anyone hold you back.
    "Irish6019," thanks for the heads up on that. Do you have any idea how many jobs of yours that they sent paperwork to, and do they hold up your process waiting for those as well?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike13310 View Post

hey mike iam 26** also, theres a slim chance for the third if the numbers stay the same or improve, if not then most likely jan 10, class

Forum Member

Check out this video
    NY1 did a report on the cpat prep at the rock

http://real.ny1.com:8080/ramgen/real...25_230156hi.rm

Forum Member

Last edited by Queens6019; 06-26-2008 at 04:07 PM.

Forum Member

Default 5 days

i still cant believe it... LETS DO IT

Forum Member

I was around when they were shooting that little video, my first time at the rock last night, was exciting.

Ran my *** off today, damn I am sore. Good luck to you guys starting next week and congrats to those of you finishing this week.

Forum Member

Good luck to all you guys (and gals) about to go in. Hang in there and you'll be probies before you know it!

Question about the process: Are the medical's usually scheduled before or after the physical test? At the CPAT orientation the other day they told us we'll be doing the test for real between Aug. 11 and Aug 22. Just wondering if I should be anticipating the medical before or after those dates.

Thread Information