Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Oh hell yea I will keep on them to get the paperwork back in, lol. He lives in queens so he was the 1st to get it so I let the others know that it should be coming soon. I know we have time til the Jan class but there is no need to take time with anything. Just want the background closed and everything to be good to go.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    Good luck to all you guys (and gals) about to go in. Hang in there and you'll be probies before you know it!

Question about the process: Are the medical's usually scheduled before or after the physical test? At the CPAT orientation the other day they told us we'll be doing the test for real between Aug. 11 and Aug 22. Just wondering if I should be anticipating the medical before or after those dates.
    Yes.. You will do your CPAT before your medical (At least that is how it has been going so far). Look at it this way and tell me if it makes sense.

Why would the city waste time and money on getting you through the medical, without knowing if the candidate is physically fit by way of paasing the CPAT?

That's just my logic.. If I am wrong, someone please corect me. Good luck dude..
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Yes.. You will do your CPAT before your medical (At least that is how it has been going so far). Look at it this way and tell me if it makes sense.

Why would the city waste time and money on getting you through the medical, without knowing if the candidate is physically fit by way of paasing the CPAT?

That's just my logic.. If I am wrong, someone please corect me. Good luck dude..
    Finished med before I even got a letter for CPAT orientation from DCAS. Don't know if that's the exception or the rule. Maybe their logic is that you would have to have broken legs to not pass the CPAT in 3 chances.
    Last edited by jacobeast2; 06-27-2008 at 09:00 AM.

Forum Member

I had my Medical on a Monday, first run of the CPAT on Wednesday.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    They may want to medically qualify you as a medically fit/ok person before they send you into the CPAT. It would be a liability risk if they send you through the CPAT and something were to happen and you hadn't been checked out.

Forum Member

Also had my medical well before the CPAT. Not sure the reasoning, I just assumed that the last few steps (medical/physical/phsych) were all pretty much pass/fail, with multiple chances, you didn't need to pass one to move on to the other, so the order was irrelevant.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacobeast2 View Post
    Finished med before I even got a letter for CPAT orientation from DCAS. Don't know if that's the exception or the rule. Maybe their logic is that you would have to have broken legs to not pass the CPAT in 3 chances.
    I guess your right.. They probably don't have a set method. (Luck of the draw). I guess they just send people to do what ever is available at the time..
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

the thing with the CPAT is a different agency handels it so the FD can only control what they do (med/psyc). the only part the FD does in the CPAT is the prep classes. I wonder what the reporters times would be if they actually gave them a run through

Forum Member

Talking Class

Quote Originally Posted by BrOOkLyN718 View Post
    -i figure around the 4th class
    It all depends... you may be able to make it into the 3rd class depending on the number of candidates that accept the call with an earlier list number and also if those candidates fails the physical, medical etc.

So honestly, by the way things have been going it looks like the third class.

Train Train Trian

Get your body in that rhythm.

Forum Member

I wish all departments used the CPAT, no more goofs getting hired

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skiwiz6 View Post
    ROTFLMFBO

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skiwiz6 View Post

Jesus Christ....I guess your dept doesnt have a drug testing policy? What are you on?
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Default 6019 wannabe

Good luck to those who are going in tomorrow.
    stay safe.
    p.s. anyone get a packet that is on the list over 2000 yet?

MembersZone Subscriber

Signing off this thread and moving on to 2-08. Good luck to everyone and I sincerely hope you all make it to the Rock. Remember what's at stake when you take on this job; some scared kid may be hiding in a closet waiting for you to find them. Don't let them or yourself down. Run hard, train hard, and study hard. The best job in the world awaits us if we act on the opportunity we've been given. Again, good luck to all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Thanks

Well like Jaco I am signing off this thread for the 2-08 thread. Probably wont have much time to peruse the threads with studying and all but if you guys have any questions feel free to PM me. I dont know how long it will take to get back to you but I will do my best. Good luck everyone Like Jaco said work hard.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Echoing the sentiments of the previous two.

Gentlemen, thanks for all the help and information along the way. This list was/is a crapshoot, and has affected list numbers accordingly. God willing, Ill see you on the other side of the Academy.

Stay focused on your goals, and if I can be of service, dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks again.

Forum Member

Going to follow suit and switch threads as to not cloud the rest of you with our concerns now. Best of luck to everyone still in the process, and if I can be of any help, don't hesitate to shoot me a pm. I've said it before, don't let this thread die.

Forum Member

Default Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    Going to follow suit and switch threads as to not cloud the rest of you with our concerns now. Best of luck to everyone still in the process, and if I can be of any help, don't hesitate to shoot me a pm. I've said it before, don't let this thread die.
    Good Luck guys! Well Done so far - Keep it up!

The rest of us will keep playing the waiting game
    train train train ...

Forum Member

Best of luck fellas, hopefully I'll be right where you guys are soon.

OK, anyone have a number around 2000? I still have no packet but I know that some 1800's got them. A couple months ago I talked to a lady at the fire dept. she said 2000's would be the next batch. So maybe just another couple of months...

Forum Member

Default CPAT Prep Classes

I attended the CPAT Prep Class information session on Friday night and I was kind of surprised because they had us sign up for two different days per week. From what I've read on the forums, it sounded like people had only been going to one class per week. I signed up for saturdays and sundays, but I sometimes work on Saturdays. I'm wondering if I only show up to one class per week if the instructors will get p*ssed. Maybe someone who has already attended the classes at the Rock or someone who is just starting could clear this up for me. Thanks.

Forum Member

I'm not sure if I'm more excited or nervous at this point. I'll definitely be a happy man to get that first day behind me. Best of luck tomorrow fellas. Let's try to get a good night's rest tonight.

Forum Member

so whats the final list number in class 02-08?

26##

Forum Member

i think it was 860 something?

Forum Member

Default Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBahtz6019 View Post
    Best of luck fellas, hopefully I'll be right where you guys are soon.

OK, anyone have a number around 2000? I still have no packet but I know that some 1800's got them. A couple months ago I talked to a lady at the fire dept. she said 2000's would be the next batch. So maybe just another couple of months...
    So they got around to list number 850 - 884 for this first class (based on posts). If the numbers stay the same we are looking at reaching 1,700 for the second 6019 class - 1\09.

If they send out packets to people in the upper upper 1,000's and low 2,000's this might pad them for the 2nd class and provide a spillover into the 3rd (If the Dept. announces more classes beyond 1\09)

The real telling part will be to find out how high of a number they send the next group of packets out to. It'll show what the Dept. is expecting in regards to no shows\failures etc.

All in all - Keep training for a chance at the best job in the world

Good luck all!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2327 View Post
    So they got around to list number 850 - 884 for this first class (based on posts). If the numbers stay the same we are looking at reaching 1,700 for the second 6019 class - 1\09.
    Keep in mind this list was only for approx 235 FF's off of 6019, the rest were promotionals from EMS.

Thread Information