Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 618 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114164564 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Good luck to all who got their letters and are going for the run Saturday, wish I was in your shoes.

Not to steal your thunder but I just got my packet in the mail today and I am so excited, like a kid on christmas. July 30th at 9am is when I go up with my packet filled out. Now I've got to get all this filled out and get copies of everything I need.

List # 17## for those who may be wondering.

Forum Member

Theres nothing fishy goin on guys. It just took them that many people to make a class. Also they call some extra guys up for the run just incase some guys fail the run they have enough people to fill up the class. If they have too many people then i guess they would qualify them for the next class all according to list number. Also we dont know how big this class is going to be. I know its usual 300 dudes but u never know what they may be up to. Mainly though i believe they got so high up on the list because they are being picky with the 6019 list due to the test controversy and everything, what u guys think is the reason?

Forum Member

Haven't been on in awhile and just wanted to say congrats to everyone who got there letters.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    Just got my packet to begin processing today 06/11/08

I am list # 18XX
    Anyone else higher than 18xx get a packet?
    6019 / #22--

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IglooStix View Post
    My list number is in the mid 43x's. I live in Queens and have not received anything regarding the run this Saturday.

Has anyone living in Queens and/or around #43x received anything regarding the run?
    I'm also in Queens and still haven't received my letter. I'm 76x, so I fall in the category that is supposed to get a letter. I'm quite happy to see you haven't gotten yours yet either, as I am currently sh1tting my pants. I bet ours come tomorrow, but I'm going to be making a phone call in the morning to confrim this. Wtf is up with the mail in Queens.
    Last edited by Irish6019; 06-11-2008 at 11:37 PM.

Forum Member

Everyone is having a fit about the list numbers that have been called for the run. I am positive that at least a 2:1 ratio of guys either failed the background check, or the medical (eyes, stairs etc.) The reason I am positive on that is that historically that has been the case that it takes at least 2 packets for them to get one qualified candidate. If my math is right and they called all closed cases up to list #750 I bet only 300 give or take are running by Saturday which is just about the right number to call to get 280 off 6019. Figure 20 EMS guys/gals and there and there you go...

Now, if after Saturday they don't hand out enough appointment letters to make up the class they just call more guys for a run next weekend and they have plenty of time to process a few more people for July 1.

That said if my # was below 750 and I was told my case was closed and still no letter I would BE AT METROTECH asking for my investigator not calling on the phone!

Am I making sense here or am I nuts?
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

A training note;

I broke 11min today 10:49 on the 1.5mi which is not too impressive but for a short legged 215lb guy it seems like flying...3 Weeks to go and aiming for 9:30

For other big guys I highly recommend doing the Fartlek training like Indian sprints from HS lax and football. Before I started them I was killing myself to just finish right at 12min.

I vary my pace from approx 8mph to 9.5mph for 2.25mi every other day outside and of "off" days I just run the 12min 1.5 on the treadmill to decrease impact on the legs and it feels like walking.

O and get the nike thing for your Ipod it makes pacing soooo much easier for non skinny runner type guys like me :-)
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

From the City's Website:

Firefighter Appointment & Recruitment Updates

Current Appointment Information ( Exam # 2043 )
    The FDNY is appointing from Firefighter List #2043, which was established on May 5, 2004. To date, we have appointed 2242 eligibles from Firefighter List #2043; 302 eligibles entered the August 5, 2007 class. We reached List #4825.5.

4825.5/2242 = 2.15

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny2b View Post
    That said if my # was below 750 and I was told my case was closed and still no letter I would BE AT METROTECH asking for my investigator not calling on the phone!

I don't want to come across as an impatient bastard, so I'm calling. If I'm unable to get through on the phone AND I still don't get a letter tomorrow, I'll be at Metrotech on friday morning. It is quite possible that the mail got messed up and is simply taking a bit longer than expected. (I know that I've been "qualified" as per my investigator on monday, so it's just a matter of figuring out where my damned letter is)

The thing about the ratio for our list is that it was established BEFORE the "physical". In the past it was established after, which is a major difference in the process. I would guess that this alone will raise the ratio from about 2:1 to around 2.5:1 at the minimum.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny2b View Post
    Figure 20 EMS guys/gals and there and there you go...

I'd figure more like 80 EMS

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    Wow, I thought EMS was so short staffed they cant stand to lose 80 in one shot.....I guess the 2:1 is a bit too low
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    Only 75 ran the pre-qualifying mile and a half-but I haven't heard yet how many passed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Guys, can I make a suggestion? Let's concentrate on getting this run done in under 12 and quit worrying about hiring ratios. They ain't gonna tell us who's in until they tell us who's in. Just do your level best to make it as hard as possible for them to tell you no.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    I don't want to come across as an impatient bastard, so I'm calling. If I'm unable to get through on the phone AND I still don't get a letter tomorrow, I'll be at Metrotech on friday morning. It is quite possible that the mail got messed up and is simply taking a bit longer than expected. (I know that I've been "qualified" as per my investigator on monday, so it's just a matter of figuring out where my damned letter is)

The thing about the ratio for our list is that it was established BEFORE the "physical". In the past it was established after, which is a major difference in the process. I would guess that this alone will raise the ratio from about 2:1 to around 2.5:1 at the minimum.
    Irish thats a great point. This is the first list where you number was established before the CPAT. Hence ratios would be higher

Hope those letters come in today Queens guys!

Forum Member

Check you mail today, Queens guys. If you don't have anything; give them a call. I live in Queens and mine (I guess, I was on vacation) came Tuesday.

Good luck to everyone on Saturday. See you out there.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

Default Residency

If anyone used\tried a sworn statement from a landlord\management company
    to help with residency please PM me, got a quick question

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by formerbuckeye View Post
    From the City's Website:

Firefighter Appointment & Recruitment Updates

Current Appointment Information ( Exam # 2043 )
    The FDNY is appointing from Firefighter List #2043, which was established on May 5, 2004. To date, we have appointed 2242 eligibles from Firefighter List #2043; 302 eligibles entered the August 5, 2007 class. We reached List #4825.5.

4825.5/2242 = 2.15

I don't know what exactly you are trying to get at here.. You're probably just showing what kind of ratio was held during the last list..

Just an FYI for other people, List 2043 is expired. I know that the FDNY website has not been updated to date.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

how many people do you really think failed the physical after 3 tries??

I think the way most people will get bumped down is the medical (eyes, stairs) or losing points for residency.. Another thing we all saw was people just not showing up who just took the test to take it..Of the 750 or so people you have to think how many of those 750 went to the psyc, medical, and physical

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red2117 View Post
    Igloo I'd call your investigator ASAP. letters for the run went out into high 700s-low 800s (from what guys are saying on here) with most receiving Mon. I'm at #36x and got one-yes I live in Manhattan but I imagine if they mail the letters from Brooklyn it'd take a day to get to you and me both.
    Good luck.
    Thanks Red. I called C.I.D. yesterday afternoon. My packet is under review before the review board (I had an operation when I was 16 years old that raised a flag. I served in the military and had the same problem). From what I was told, the review board will be meeting today (Thursday) to assess the packets that have been marked with flags for whatever reason (Medical, Psychological etc.). I was also told that I was still on track to start the next class pending the review boards assesment. So hopefully those that pass the review will be getting letters for a second run date in the weeks to come before the next class starts.

I didn't contact my investigator directly. I just called (718) 999-FDNY and asked for Candidate Investigations Division. The lady that picked up the phone was very helpful and gave me a full explaination of my status. If anyone is having a hard time getting in touch with their investigators I suggest going that route. There is nothing wrong with the mail in Queens, maybe those of us out here that have yet to receive letters have had our packets marked with flags (for whatever reason) and don't know it. Make the call, find out for yourself, don't assume.

Thanks again Red. Good luck to you and everyone else on the list.

Forum Member

For you guys doing the run now, are they sending you a letter saying to show up for that with a 2nd letter in the envelope saying to show up for processing 6/16 too? I havent heard anything about monday, and its creeping up quickly.

Thread Information