Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Default First time long time

Like many of you out there until now Ive just been a guest on this forum, but as the first class of 6019 goes into the academy (good luck) and moves on to other threads I guess its time for us down the list to fill the vacum. This thread has been infinitely helpful up to this point and I want to thank everyone both on the job and hopefuls for their imput here.
    Heres looking foward to another year of training, nail biting, but most importantly one year closer to the greatest job on earth.

Forum Member

Every year might be a little different, but do any of you guys know how the run, processing, and start date are going to work for the January class?

For the june class, all these final steps started around, what, the 15th of June?

Im assuming that for the january class, well start doing all this stuff mid-January and start the academy in the beggining of February?

Is that how its worked in the past?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2327 View Post

If they send out packets to people in the upper upper 1,000's and low 2,000's this might pad them for the 2nd class and provide a spillover into the 3rd (If the Dept. announces more classes beyond 1\09)

The real telling part will be to find out how high of a number they send the next group of packets out to. It'll show what the Dept. is expecting in regards to no shows\failures etc.

All in all - Keep training for a chance at the best job in the world

Good luck all!
    Yea i was thinking the same thing. It all depends on how many people they need for the Jan class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by aal2016 View Post
    Every year might be a little different, but do any of you guys know how the run, processing, and start date are going to work for the January class?

For the june class, all these final steps started around, what, the 15th of June?

Im assuming that for the january class, well start doing all this stuff mid-January and start the academy in the beggining of February?

Is that how its worked in the past?
    I think some people were done with all that by the 15th. I think they went to pick up gear and everything last week. So maybe you're lookin more around Dec. Does the Class start early jan or later in the month?

Forum Member

From what I heard. They are planning the class for either the 4th or 5th of Jan

Forum Member

I heard the same.. we should be doing all the final stuff during December

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Jesus Christ....I guess your dept doesnt have a drug testing policy? What are you on?

Not sure what you mean?

Forum Member

If they reached 880 and they went up to 1207 for CPAT and Medical, Is it possible that they may have the Jan class filled already? Especially with the promotional EMTs as well. Will we even go through the Med, Psych and Run for Jan if they have the class filled already.

That would be miserable to wait until June.

Forum Member

If they went to 800 something for the first one, I'm guessing that the extras called were maybe padding for the January class. I was under the impression that everyone up to 1207 had already finished the med/psych and such. Then the next wave of people for the run would go for the run sometime in december while the people after 1207 who got packets would be going for their med/psych and they would be the july class. Thats just what i'm thinkin...I'm probably wrong though.

Forum Member

How long is the CPAT and Medical good for? If its a year then it is fine because the Cpat is in August and the Medical should be right after so the year would take them to 2009 after the July class starts. If the Medical is only 6 months then you would either have to take the medical again or just not do it until the beginning of next year. That is if people don't defer/ fail the run. Just keep your hopes up and keep on training.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neal2578 View Post
    If they reached 880 and they went up to 1207 for CPAT and Medical, Is it possible that they may have the Jan class filled already? Especially with the promotional EMTs as well. Will we even go through the Med, Psych and Run for Jan if they have the class filled already.

That would be miserable to wait until June.
    Neil brings up a great point.

If anyone on the list between 880 - 1207 can comment on their status it would be great

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2327 View Post
    Neil brings up a great point.

If anyone on the list between 880 - 1207 can comment on their status it would be great
    My list number is in the 970's. I turned in my investigative packet back in February. I passed the CPAT in April. Passed the Medical. Took the Psych in May. All I am waiting on is for my background to be completed.

I know that my current employer, along with my three references received letters from my Investigator. They were character reference letters.. That is an indication that my case is being worked on. Once my background is completed, all I have to do is complete the 1.5 mile run and wait for the appointment letter in the mail..
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

what is the cut-off for the 1.5 mile run?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skiwiz6 View Post
    what is the cut-off for the 1.5 mile run?
    The run that was held before the start of the now entering class had to be completed in under 13 minutes to be appointed. I know that in the past, in order to avoid being placed on remedial PT, One would have to run it under 12 minutes. Over 12 and under 13 would get you remedial and over 13 would be grounds for getting booted. Hope this answered your question.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    My list number is in the 970's. I turned in my investigative packet back in February. I passed the CPAT in April. Passed the Medical. Took the Psych in May. All I am waiting on is for my background to be completed.

I know that my current employer, along with my three references received letters from my Investigator. They were character reference letters.. That is an indication that my case is being worked on. Once my background is completed, all I have to do is complete the 1.5 mile run and wait for the appointment letter in the mail..

I'm in the low 1100's and in the exact same boat. Just waiting for the intestigation to be completed and the 1.5 mile run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skiwiz6 View Post
    Not sure what you mean?
    Meaning anyone who believes the CPAT to be a good standard for what we hire must be on something. CPAT is a JOKE.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by neal2578 View Post
    Is it possible that they may have the Jan class filled already?
    Definitely not the case.

Forum Member

Im 1xxxs and when I got all my information it said that if you were not 21 by June 1st call and don't start the process...That makes me think that the last 200 or so people called up were an insurance policy for the June class. My guess would they would test close to 2000 for the Jan class but thats just my opinion. The only difference is that the department knows how many people up to 1200 have passsed everything since we did our medicals in May. Last time they were in a big panic because they didnt know how many people were going to come back and pass the step mill but know all they would have to worry about is defer's and the run.
    Last edited by matty21; 08-19-2008 at 10:09 PM.

Forum Member

Default investigation

I got a new job recently and my investigator wants 1)a pay stub and 2) " supply a letter on letter head from current employee start date". I'm not 100% sure what that means. Does this mean I need my boss to write the letter on letter head saying that I started on this date and just that I work there?. I don't know what else it could be. If anybody knows, please let me know. THANK YOU

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by shanahan14 View Post
    I got a new job recently and my investigator wants 1)a pay stub and 2) " supply a letter on letter head from current employee start date". I'm not 100% sure what that means. Does this mean I need my boss to write the letter on letter head saying that I started on this date and just that I work there?. I don't know what else it could be. If anybody knows, please let me know. THANK YOU
    Ask your investigator.

Forum Member

Default letterhead

hey, in the past i have had the office secretary write up letters like this for me

Forum Member

If you don't know then ask your investigator, but you should know what this kind of stuff is, you're a big boy now and you're trying to apply for a job here...

Forum Member

My guess is you don't meet the college credits so you need a work history of
    (6 months?). Thus the dates.

Forum Member

Default New job

All they need is a letter from your employer on the company's letterhead stating your name, the date you started working there, and your currnet employment status.

Forum Member

Lightbulb

They don't have the jan class filled yet. Remember the ratio will probably be around 3:1. So they will most likely reach 1600 , 1700 for the jan 08.

Thread Information