Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

I in in the upper 11xx and my ref's have all received their letters but I am not not sure about my jobs. all that is left after the background is completed would be the 1.5 mi run. I also started my process in feb, took my cpat in april, med and psych in may

Forum Member

Default First Few Days...

For you guys going in January or June 09, or any other class for that matter, LISTEN!! I know it sounds dumb but since before day 1, guys don't listen, nod off, don't pay attention, and the class pays for it! Follow directions!
    Now, as for the physical tests on the first couple days:
    -1.5 mile run
    -situps as fast as you can go, as many as you can do in a minute
    -Pushups - only give you the down count, so you do not have to hold it at the bottom, and do as many as you can
    Pull ups - flat bar, hands away from you, complete up, complete down, as many as you can do.

Keep working guys!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tcfdDan View Post
    guys don't listen, nod off, don't pay attention, and the class pays for it!

yup...............................

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tcfdDan View Post
    LISTEN!! I know it sounds dumb but since before day 1, guys don't listen, nod off, don't pay attention, and the class pays for it! Follow directions!
    SURPRISE!!!

Forum Member

any news??? cpat dates? anyone got a packet lately? ...anyone have a good joke...haven't heard a good priest and rabbi joke in a while...did the thread die? Hows everybody doing with training?

Forum Member

Exclamation

boombahtz is right dont let this thread die...lets post some list numbers and if you recieved anything yet
    26**

Forum Member

Hope everyone had a great 4th

Forum Member

Thread won't die, just nothing going on right now.

I'm scheduled to bring up my paperwork on July 30th, CPAT is sometime between 8/11-8/23.

Staying in the gym and going to the prep course at the rock twice a week. Passing the CPAT and medical, and beyond that training for academy are what I'm focusing on at the moment.

Hope you all enjoyed your 4th and weekend, stay in the gym and out of trouble and hopefully I'll have some good news for you guys soon.

Forum Member

FYI: Got a buddy in the 1100's. Has all paper work in and passed all the tests.
    Said that he was one of the ones between 88* and - 12** that was hoping for the July class but now waiting for the Jan 09 class.

However he said that he was still getting heat from an underage drinking tickets about 5 years ago, so if he had been called for July 08 he may have had a problem.

Wondering if the Dept. is begin a more stringent on backrounds due to the "hoopla" surrounding 6019. Also possibly a reason for this first list getting up to 88*. Just a thought

Keep training!

Forum Member

haven't heard anything yet. list # 20**.

Forum Member

Anyone else have the interview this friday july 11th at 9am? I'm sitting in the 1300's just stating that because I know someone would of asked.
    Last edited by AnchorC; 07-07-2008 at 04:12 PM.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Default list number

list number... 66**, been out of the loop, any info will be greatly welcome.

MembersZone Subscriber

There ARE about 88 pages of it....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2327 View Post
    FYI: Got a buddy in the 1100's. Has all paper work in and passed all the tests.
    Said that he was one of the ones between 88* and - 12** that was hoping for the July class but now waiting for the Jan 09 class.

However he said that he was still getting heat from an underage drinking tickets about 5 years ago, so if he had been called for July 08 he may have had a problem.

Wondering if the Dept. is begin a more stringent on backrounds due to the "hoopla" surrounding 6019. Also possibly a reason for this first list getting up to 88*. Just a thought

Keep training!
    I had an underage drinking ticket (2, actually) but got on no problem. It just takes forever for the group (lawyer, OTJs, HR reps) to get around to looking at the stack of files with 'criminal' backgrounds. I was sweatin' it too, but once they looked at it-no problem. Just a waiting game. I was assured that they wouldn't just not look at my file and I would get missed for the academy. Maybe it was last minute, but they have to look at it and you'll know either way.

Forum Member

Unhappy

list number 51** sent in an appeal like 4 months ago to get back half a point which would probably bring me down to the mid or high 4000's contact with dcas and they said too much going on right now and the person who was working on my case was fired and they forgot about that persons files so they just started working on my case and said it will be a couple more months till it goes through. ugh

Forum Member

I'm on the same boat as Anchor (have my background on the 11th). By mid-August, we should be down two processes with two more (med, psych) to go. I don't believe anyone's gotten their medical dates, yet. I'll post mine up as soon as I hear from them...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    Anyone else have the interview this friday july 11th at 9am? I'm sitting in the 1300's just stating that because I know someone would of asked.
    Yeah I'm scheduled for 7/11 too.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

I guess my post didn't go through last night.
    well, I'm on the same boat as Anchor and Johnny (got my background this Friday). After mid-August, we'll have two phases down with two more to go (med, psych). In regard to the psychological portion, is it just the written or is there an interview as well? I tried searching the forum for oral psychological but couldn't find anything on it... and I do not want to assume anything. ^^;;

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    Yeah I'm scheduled for 7/11 too.
    I guess my post didn't go through last night.
    well, I'm on the same boat as Anchor and Johnny (got my background this Friday). After mid-August, we'll have two phases down with two more to go (med, psych). In regard to the psychological portion, is it just the written or is there an interview as well? I tried searching the forum for oral psychological but couldn't find anything on it... and I do not want to assume anything. ^^;;

P.S. Sorry if this is a repost. I can't seem to get my message posted right away. I posted a few months ago, so I figured future postings would be delay-free. But apparently, that isn't the case.

Forum Member

1) I think the next class will be in December, no?

2) How long can the city continue to hire roughly 600 a year? Not suggesting they can't, just wondering.

Forum Member

supposed to be a lot of expected retires next few years, right? I read it in the thread a while back but don't feel like looking through the the pages...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    2) How long can the city continue to hire roughly 600 a year? Not suggesting they can't, just wondering.
    Someone feel free to correct me, but I believe they were doing 4 classes of 150 each, before they moved to 2 x 300.

Trace it back in the thread, but ~500/600 annually is seemingly what they need to maintain the ranks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    I think projected attrition is about 600 for the next year or two. Also the next class is tentatively January 5th.

Heard a couple guys have already dropped from this class now, what the word?

have they already dropped cause they couldnt hack the physical demands? what other reason would cause that?

Forum Member

I'm pretty sure they were doing 4 classes of 300 a year to pick up after the drop off after 9/11. They have not had to maintain the ranks in sometime now. They had the mass retirements after 9/11 and they were pumping people through. Now things have evened out, I think that they have more then enough people. I think it might be a reality to see smaller classes in the coming years for two reasons. 1) they dont need as many people. 2) this is the most diverse list in history, with all the lawsuits and **** they would look bad if they stoped hiring all together

Forum Member

Lightbulb

The future hiring process will be based on the attrition rate of retirement probably beginning in 09. I think the last class of 300 plus will be jan 09 The retirement rate is slowing down, around 25 a month. The dept will pretty much fill all the stations after jan class. However I don't see the class sizes getting to much smaller since the academy failure
    rate might double. I see class sizes around 225 , 250 being very possible. I hope they don't get to much smaller than that sitting in the 39xx.

Thread Information