Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tnk5667 View Post
    best of luck to you bro. i am glad that we are such good entertainment
    -LMAOOO...

Forum Member

Last edited by claneshark; 06-16-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Poor horse

Was out at the Quartermaster today and saw something there that hasn't been covered lately; bags.
    QM has a black duffel bag for $29.99.
    My recommendation; don't buy it. It's a POS. A lot of guys bought it and it was falling apart within a week.
    Underarmour makes a really good bag that held up for me and most others. You'll be instructed to buy a unmarked bag, but that is hard to do these days without the Nike Swoosh or other logos out there. You'll be putting tape over these logos anyways.
    If not these, something with a good rigid bottom to it. That'll make holding it over your head just slightly easier . Nothing like trying to hold your >30# bag over your head that's acting like a bag of potatos. (sp?) Hint: Lock your elbows.
    Last edited by ffbam24; 06-13-2008 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Bag claimed
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Default And while I'm at it...

Day one: Orientation

You'll hit a homerun if you show up with an extra $9 money order. (Still $9 right?)
    Extra pen or two.
    Start stocking up on duct tape.
    Sharpie markers.
    Show up at least an hour early.
    Button ALL the buttons on your suit's coat.
    Stay off the.....

When you guys come in through the housewatch area, you'll see several helmets mounted on the wall. Each helmet represents a member who died in the line of duty in or during a foreign conflict. There is a book there giving detail of where they were in the service of our country.
    The 1918 Influenza Epidemic
    Argonne Forest WWI
    Battle of the Bulge
    Iwo Jima
    Guadacanal
    Korea
    Vietnam
    Iraq

You'll be freaking out at that point, but so you guys know, that is what those are representing.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Default 6019

I haven't gone running since my MTA police physical this past Jan 2008. I did the 1 1/2 mile run around the park by my house in 10:52. What time are they looking for in order for you to pass before the academy starts?

Forum Member

thank you ffbam.

Default 6019

I currently live in Chicago and I took the CFD test back in '06. I also took the FDNY test 6019. The way they give you your eligible list number in Chicago is not by your grade, but by your SS#. so im in the 8000's. So I knew it was going to be a while. So I started testing other places. Such as NYC. my list number for the FDNY is 20##. And as I have been reading this thread, I realize that DCAS is getting closer and closer to my number. when do I have to move to NYC? soon? Is there anything else I should be doing also? I'll move in a heartbeat. I just want to be a firefighter more than anything. I hope you New Yorkers don't mind working with someone from Chicago.

Forum Member

I'm off to bed in a little bit, best of luck to everyone tomorrow morning.

Forum Member

Default Vision exam question

Hello everyone, I recently received a packet for processing on July 30th and a DCAS letter for CPAT orientation on June 25th and 28th. Would anyone know if the vision exam will be during either of these events? I'm scheduled for LASIK in early August and wanted to know if I'd be alright. Thanks for any info! For what its worth, my list number is mid 1700s.

Forum Member

Thumbs up im hype!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    How did everyone make out today? I'm sure you guys locked it up. Any preliminary ideas on how many passed?
    - i passed the run, im happy. i know it will be hard but im up for it, i want this soo bad...and i wont give up. CONGRATS to all that made it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrOOkLyN718 View Post
    - i passed the run, im happy. i know it will be hard but im up for it, i want this soo bad...and i wont give up. CONGRATS to all that made it!
    Congratulations, how big of a group did you run with? everyone make it? did they update you guys on mondays processing?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    Congratulations, how big of a group did you run with? everyone make it? did they update you guys on mondays processing?
    -it was a group of 50, i think 1 guy didnt make it. they did update us on mondays processing...alot of paper work from 8am-4pm..and also bring a money order of $9 and black pens, and if its available bring your immunization records. come in a suit and clean shaven and pack a light lunch. congrats guys!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BrOOkLyN718 View Post
    -it was a group of 50, i think 1 guy didnt make it. they did update us on mondays processing...alot of paper work from 8am-4pm..and also bring a money order of $9 and black pens, and if its available bring your immunization records. come in a suit and clean shaven and pack a light lunch. congrats guys!
    Congratulations to you Brooklyn and the rest of you who have passed and will begin processing on Monday.. You're hard work has paid off and now it's off to a new beginning in your lives. Good luck during the next 6 months..
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

There were about 200 people there. I think 95%+ of the people passed the run. Monday is processing, sometime this week (depending on how they break us up) is when we meet with the quartermaster for gear. Tuesday, July 1st, is day 1.

Congrats to everyone else for passing. Probie school is here...
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

what up ladies.. passed here too. they broke us into groups of four for the run, the course itself was pretty nice, lots of shade and the second half is mostly downhill. getting that letter today was quite a feeling. congrats to everyone that passed. I only saw one guy that failed. 95% + attended the cpat prep classes at the rock, and the lone guy, well didn't really attend by his own accordance.

Forum Member

Good job guys, I envy all of you! Good luck next month, and the following months to come!
    6019 / #22--

Forum Member

One more thing that I can say, 817 is the confirmed number they got to for this class. Besides the one guy that failed, around 10 guys(just under I think) didn't show up at all. They told us that about 315 candidates are going into the class. Everyone that passed the run got the chance to accept an appointment once completing it.

And the yelling has surely begun.

Forum Member

Default passed

Passed about 12:30 something. 50 guys per group. Only 1 guy failed if even that. I overheard everybody passed though. See u guys on monday, the yelling brings me back to boot camp in the army, it felt good.

Quote Originally Posted by OurTimeNow View Post
    Passed about 12:30 something. 50 guys per group. Only 1 guy failed if even that. I overheard everybody passed though. See u guys on monday, the yelling brings me back to boot camp in the army, it felt good.
    12:30?
    So was this the official run or do you guys have to do it in another week or two along with the pushups, pullups and situps?
    Because 12:30 will put you into Remedial. You need <12 min to avoid this.
    Step it up.

Forum Member

"Remedial" is gone now. The Lt. made it seem like it's highly encouraged but it's not mandatory as per the city, b/c they aren't going to pay you any more for you putting in "extra" time. A lot of bs in my opinion. They said they can't even call it remedial anymore. We still have to do the push ups and stuff, along with another run. I finished in just under 11, but I wasn't trying to set any land speed records. There was quite a few guys that finished just paces in front of the 13min pace runners. Quite a few.

Thread Information