Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Be there early, like a hour early and take the seats on the left by the windows just like everyone has said before. The investigators said that unless your in the first 3 rows which only seat about 8 people a row you will be there all day. Also do not chew gum, they don't like that people got yelled at for it. They got a notary there and a copy machine as has been posted before. Be prepared to hear about 45 minutes to a hour of them talking to you before they start collecting paperwork. After that all you do is hand in your paper work which takes about 15 minutes than you get grouped up (groups of about 10) and goto the 6th floor to get fingerprinted unless your in the front of the line here that could take about another 30 minutes with the group you went up with.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    They got a notary there and a copy machine as has been posted before.
    Is it not a good idea to resort to using the notary/copy machine, do they give you hell for not getting it done ahead of time or is it no big deal?

Copies and a notary are all I have left to do before I go, other than going to get a new suit this week. Just wondering, glad to hear it went well for you.

MembersZone Subscriber

A week? You have plenty of time to get it done beforehand, which would be more preferable. Heck, I pass at least a half dozen places that do notary on my way to the closest subway station. Plus it's only $2 I believe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just a quick question. This test isn't gonna come out again till 2011?

Forum Member

I believe the next test is oct/nov 2011 unless it gets pushed back

MembersZone Subscriber

=( well the bright side is that gives me time to study and prepare myself.

Forum Member

Quick question, sorry if it's been covered already.

I have my investigation on July 31st, just wanted to find out if it is ok to bring a backpack to put all the paperwork and also a small bagged lunch or something in?

Thanks!

Forum Member

Default Residency Credit Question

I am preparing my paperwork for my investigation on 7/30 and I have a question on residency credit that has me worrying a bit.

I claimed residency credit and have lived in the same house in Brooklyn my entire life. However, I did go to college in upstate NY and just graduated in December. I have the documents to prove my residency as being here in Brooklyn (bank statements, phone bills) but I am just worried that I could be DQ'd because I was at school during some of 2007 that falls into that 3/07-3/08 residency proof period. Does anyone know if they're gonna give me sh*t for this or not? I've been a Brooklyn guy my entire life; I just don't want to be screwed because I dormed at a school upstate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jemixxnyc View Post
    Is it not a good idea to resort to using the notary/copy machine, do they give you hell for not getting it done ahead of time or is it no big deal?

Copies and a notary are all I have left to do before I go, other than going to get a new suit this week. Just wondering, glad to hear it went well for you.
    they didn't say anything to people about using either. I would just think you look better having it done before hand shows that your taking it serious you know.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

For the investigation, are you allowed to bring a backpack to put your stuff in and also a little lunch? If allowed, were there a lot of people who brought them?

Thanks!

Default Lunch

Quote Originally Posted by coooGy View Post
    For the investigation, are you allowed to bring a backpack to put your stuff in and also a little lunch? If allowed, were there a lot of people who brought them?

Thanks!
    They will break for lunch, If you get there early enough you will be done before lunch and will get to go home. Bring lunch and a backpack if you want.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coooGy View Post

Thanks!
    Yes your are. I had bookbag for my paperwork and had a lunch in the bag. They don't check bags there so don't worry.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JD1986 View Post
    I am preparing my paperwork for my investigation on 7/30 and I have a question on residency credit that has me worrying a bit.

I claimed residency credit and have lived in the same house in Brooklyn my entire life. However, I did go to college in upstate NY and just graduated in December. I have the documents to prove my residency as being here in Brooklyn (bank statements, phone bills) but I am just worried that I could be DQ'd because I was at school during some of 2007 that falls into that 3/07-3/08 residency proof period. Does anyone know if they're gonna give me sh*t for this or not? I've been a Brooklyn guy my entire life; I just don't want to be screwed because I dormed at a school upstate.
    You're good.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBahtz6019 View Post
    You're good.
    Thanks man. I'm sure I'll still keep worrying about it until I go to Metrotech though.

Anyone get a notice from DCAS with their physical dates yet? I know they said 8/11-8/22 at the orientation, I'd just like to get the exact dates so I can get off from work. They seem to like sending this stuff out last minute.

Forum Member

are they in the 2000's with the packets yet?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mike13310 View Post
    Not as of yet

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike13310 View Post
    still waiting here too

So I'm pretty new to these forums and have found some good information here. I got a call from the Candidate Investigation Bureau yesterday and was told that I don't qualify for Veteran's Credit because I'm not a city resident. WTF?

Forum Member

quick question im in the 5100's im not gonna be called ne time soon but i was wondering how many items do you need to prove residnecy credit i have credit card, tv bill, and cell phone but im missing two months from the cell phone and 1 month from the tv bill but i have the whole year for the credit card will this threaten my residency credit.

For residency, do they need to see originals or will a computer printout suffice? All my bills are online

Forum Member

that will be more than enough

Forum Member

I was just curious why they list was never released in the chief or something..Did I miss it?

Forum Member

I thought we were suppose to get a 6 month membership to NYSC. Did they change it to 90 days now?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    I thought we were suppose to get a 6 month membership to NYSC. Did they change it to 90 days now?
    What they were saying up at the rock was that after the 3 months is over they are suppose to give us another 90 days, I don't know how that's going to work out being the prep course will be over at that point. Maybe ask someone up there if you're still going or call recruitment.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jemixxnyc View Post
    What they were saying up at the rock was that after the 3 months is over they are suppose to give us another 90 days, I don't know how that's going to work out being the prep course will be over at that point. Maybe ask someone up there if you're still going or call recruitment.
    That talk of 6 month membership, that's all it is: TALK.

Remember the FDNY and/or the City of NY do not control these trial passes. They are at the mercy of NYSC. The FDNY might want to do the right thing by their candidates and that is very honorable, but if NYSC doesn't agree, the candidates get screwed.

When I went through my CPAT training at the ROCK in February, NYSC, NYC and FDNY couldn't agree on certain terms. We ended getting our passes a month later. They were the 3 month passes and that was all.

By the time we got them, it was first week in March and the passes had an expiration date of MAY 31. I attempted to use it at several gyms and every single general manager refused to give me 3 months free. Their excuse was, "We only give out 2 week trial memberships. Three months is too long and we can't honor these."

My pass is still sitting on a bookshelf here in my house. It was NEVER used. Good luck to you guys trying to get your memberships. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Thread Information