Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Question Will this ever happen

Hey guys I'm new to this thread and I have a couple of questions. First off I heard they got up to about list number 800. And they sent packets out up to 1500. Can anyone varify this... My list number is 3900's. When do you guys think I will get called... Thanks................

Forum Member

CPAT DATES
    Aug 13 8AM practice
    Aug 19 10AM practice
    Aug 22 2PM final

For any new readers you goto any practice and pass it counts as a pass for good.

Also you have to bring a $25 money order cause you know the city loves making money
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Default New to thread

Hey guys my list number is in the 3900's.... just wondering when You think i would be called... I heard they have givin out packets somewhere around 1500 and have hired up to 800 on the list....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    CPAT DATES
    Aug 13 8AM practice
    Aug 19 10AM practice
    Aug 22 2PM final

For any new readers you goto any practice and pass it counts as a pass for good.

Also you have to bring a $25 money order cause you know the city loves making money
    Yea I just got mine and I was amazed that they want $25 more from me for this, but then I remembered it's NYC. My dates are 15th, 21st and 23rd. Good luck all. I'm planning on passing first shot being I am passing no problem on the prep course.

Forum Member

Default Long Sleeve Shirt??

Just got my physical dates too. One thing I noticed though is it says you must wear a long sleeve shirt. I knew we needed to wear pants but a long sleeve shirt? I'm gonna sweat my b*lls off. Anyone know if they really enforce this long sleeve thing?

Forum Member

I was at the psychological today and was wondering if there is going to be a 1 on 1 with the psychiatrist at a later date. after i finished answering all the questions and drew the pictures i just handed in the test to the lady and she didnt say anything about the next step. you guys that are in the current class please shed some light because I'm running out of sick days!

Forum Member

you caught me just before bed. the next step, would be waiting for the letter about your run, if you have already completed everything else. for me, the pysch was the last step before the run. you won't hear anything about it unless you have some real problems. if this is your last step, make sure your investigator got all the papers needed from you.

Forum Member

I was just wondering. Does anyone know what list # they are up to?

Forum Member

I know mods have to review the reply first, but is there anyway to make your replies post faster? Mine are getting posted several days later.

Forum Member

Hey guys, my list # is 13xx. I was told we are lined up for the january class. I have a situation where I may have to defer, my only fear is if I defer, what are the chances of getting into the July 09 class? When I re-open my case am I at the top of the list guaranteed a spot? I dont want to blow my chance of getting in now, and not being able to resume if I defer. Any one have any information on this? Thanks alot guys.

Forum Member

I know a few of my friends that had to go back to meet one on one after the psyc. Other then that give your investigator a call see if you need anything. I think before they close your investigation they ask you for another bill which I just had to send in.

As for the long sleve shirt...I wore a short one but if you are stressing over it just bring two shirts they have a locker room for you
    Last edited by matty21; 07-30-2008 at 12:02 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JD1986 View Post
    Just got my physical dates too. One thing I noticed though is it says you must wear a long sleeve shirt. I knew we needed to wear pants but a long sleeve shirt? I'm gonna sweat my b*lls off. Anyone know if they really enforce this long sleeve thing?
    If I wanted to be a New York City firefighter bad enough I'd wear a snowmobiling suit with thermal longjohns underneath if that's what they told me to show up in.

Forum Member

Hey guys, my list # is 13xx. I was told we are lined up for the january class. I have a situation where I may have to defer, my only fear is if I defer, what are the chances of getting into the July 09 class? When I re-open my case am I at the top of the list guaranteed a spot? I dont want to blow my chance of getting in now, and not being able to resume if I defer. Any one have any information on this? Thanks alot guys.

Forum Member

Default Freeze

ALBANY - Gov. David A. Paterson proposed Wednesday cutting $1.2 billion from the current state budget of $122 billion to close projected deficits for this year and next.

Faced with shrinking tax collections from the crucial financial services industry, Paterson said he would act unilaterally to trim $630 million in spending with a hiring freeze and trimming a further seven percent from state agency budgets. They already have reduced by 3.35 percent.

However, he said he hoped to avoid terminating state workers, relying on attrition and the freeze to reduce payroll expenses.

Thoughts comments? This is not good, but we all new it could be coming

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2327 View Post
    ALBANY - Gov. David A. Paterson proposed Wednesday cutting $1.2 billion from the current state budget of $122 billion to close projected deficits for this year and next.

Faced with shrinking tax collections from the crucial financial services industry, Paterson said he would act unilaterally to trim $630 million in spending with a hiring freeze and trimming a further seven percent from state agency budgets. They already have reduced by 3.35 percent.

However, he said he hoped to avoid terminating state workers, relying on attrition and the freeze to reduce payroll expenses.

Thoughts comments? This is not good, but we all new it could be coming

I understand that this will cause concern among many FDNY candidates. It might affect the NYC budget, because sh*t rolls downhill, but I don't think it will affect the hiring of FDNY personnel.

I think that this is more at the state level, for state employees. If NYC turns around and reacts to this hiring freeze under the direction of the Governor, then MAYBE there might be something to worry about.

I don't think that the department will institute any freezes in the near future. That is my opinion.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

MembersZone Subscriber

"State budget"
    But it may have trickle down effect further down the road.
    Until then, don't worry about it.
    Rumor and speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    First off: Are you a city resident?
    If not, are you a New York State resident?

If you are currently an out-of-state resident, you are ineligible for the Veteran's Credit per NYS law.
    No, I'm currently living in Texas due to still being ACTIVE DUTY until Aug. 31. There has got to be an exception somewhere.

Forum Member

With this whole budget cut, Gov. Patterson has told the state not to have a hire freeze if it is a emergency service municipal. ie...Fire, Police, EMS and so on. Now if Bloomberg decides to cut the budget even more. then we might see that happen.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    I understand that this will cause concern among many FDNY candidates. It might affect the NYC budget, because sh*t rolls downhill, but I don't think it will affect the hiring of FDNY personnel.

I think that this is more at the state level, for state employees. If NYC turns around and reacts to this hiring freeze under the direction of the Governor, then MAYBE there might be something to worry about.

I don't think that the department will institute any freezes in the near future. That is my opinion.
    I agree, it has been said before by Gov. Patterson, that he discourges hiring freeze if it is a emergency munical, i.e. fire, police, etc. If it has to do with public safty, he would like you to look other places for budget cuts.

Forum Member

Lightbulb thoughts on the hiring freeze

City will start cutting back after jan class of 300 plus. The following future classes will be based on attrition. Right now its about 25 a month. So probably for the years to come for list 6019 the FDNY will hire around 300 a year I still think they will reach list number 5000 off this list. 39xx.

Forum Member

Thumbs down hiring freeze

guys as of now its a state hiring freeze they havent asked city agencies to freeze hiring as of yet...also they cant freeze police fire etc lists ..exam6019 is that a fact or your opinion

Forum Member

Dont get excited over a city hiring freeze. If it is a Emergency Service municipal, it is essential that they keep hiring. You are always going to need Firefighters and cops. so we will se what unfolds over the next few months.

Forum Member

no one knows anything about this list and you gotta take everything as an opinion. If anyone else remembers there was a city hiring freeze a few months ago but the freeze did not effect fire, cops, and teachers

Forum Member

Just keep preparing the best you can and when the opportunity arrives you will be ready. Like I always say, worry about the things you can control, the rest is BS.

Forum Member

just wondering , will 6019 freeze entirely? or just slow down. obviously this effects the list numbers can anybody with experience give us hopefulls some insight into whats going on.thanks

26**

Thread Information