Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 618 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Default Cpat Orientation

For those of you that have gone to the cpat orientation, is it better to go to both or can you only go to one and be fine? I just am not sure how much time I can take off from work with all the other steps involved in the process.

Forum Member

Remember to get good running shoes. I know Dick's sporting goods has a pad where you walk accross it and it tells you what kind of shoe is good for your foot. Also with the shin splints that i'm sure alot of people will get there is a technique called A.R.T. (Active Release Technique) done by chiropracters which works amazing. It usually gets rid of them in about 1 or 2 sessions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neal2578 View Post
    For those of you that have gone to the cpat orientation, is it better to go to both or can you only go to one and be fine? I just am not sure how much time I can take off from work with all the other steps involved in the process.
    At the Cpat prep class we asked about it and they told us we only have to goto one because both days are the same thing. And someone (not a instructor) had said if you cant go to either its ok but they make you sign some kind of waiver about not have going to it or something.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    At the Cpat prep class we asked about it and they told us we only have to goto one because both days are the same thing. And someone (not a instructor) had said if you cant go to either its ok but they make you sign some kind of waiver about not have going to it or something.

Anchor, would they admit you to the second session if you did not attend the first. On the notice I got from DCAS it says to bring that notice to your first scheduled session. Thanks

Forum Member

So quick question:

On the notice of examination it says that in order to get 5 points residency you need to prove NYC residency from March 1 2007 - March 1 2008.

So lets say for the future classes coming up. You have lived in the city during the alloted time, if you are on a yearly lease then probably longer then that.

However you move out of the city after March 1, 2008 and will be processed in the later classes. You live in the surrounding counties that are allowed by the FDNY upon handing in paperword\appoitment.

When you hand in your paper work for these future classes, in order to get the 5 points, do you only need to prove those 12 months and at the time live in the allowed surrounding counties?

thanks for the help guys, I just want to cross all my t's and dot my I's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2327 View Post
    So quick question:

On the notice of examination it says that in order to get 5 points residency you need to prove NYC residency from March 1 2007 - March 1 2008.

So lets say for the future classes coming up. You have lived in the city during the alloted time, if you are on a yearly lease then probably longer then that.

However you move out of the city after March 1, 2008 and will be processed in the later classes. You live in the surrounding counties that are allowed by the FDNY upon handing in paperword\appoitment.

When you hand in your paper work for these future classes, in order to get the 5 points, do you only need to prove those 12 months and at the time live in the allowed surrounding counties?

thanks for the help guys, I just want to cross all my t's and dot my I's
    Well now, what do we have here?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by claneshark View Post
    Does it look like there may be another mile and a half run scheduled before this July class?, or am I looking at January?

Also, a very big congratulations to those of you on here that ran well on Saturday.
    Talked to a guy that i met in prep class , he missed the run cause he was taking summer classes at school out of state, said that there is going to be another run for this class

Forum Member

Wow you guys need to relax with the square rooter stuff...

It's just a job. Remember that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FatherPierce View Post

It's just a job.
    Forget that!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by premt84 View Post
    In the letter a lot of us got Re: The Run it says we shall bring sneakers and shorts/ sweats. Does that mean we need to show up in a suit? And I have been told this a thousand times but why stay off the sidewalk?

Typical 6019 attitude...not even in the academy yet and already talking back and asking b.s. questions...if you were told a thousand times to stay off the sidewalk then stay off of it. IF you're lucky enough to get in and you want to try it then walk on the sidewalk. Enjoy the experience. Don't keep asking questions otherwise those 6 months are going to feel a lot longer. P.S. - SHUT THE F*** UP!

Forum Member

Default Myerjack circuit training

This is for matty21 and any1 else who wants to try it.The muscle groups are 1 ABS 2 LOWER BACK 3 CHEST 4 UPPER BACK 5 SHOULDERS 6 BIS 7 TRIS 8 QUADS 9 HAMSTRINGS 10 CALVES

You do 1 exercise for each body part and then w/o rest go directly to the next exercise. Ex.abs to l. back to chest till you get to calves. 1st revolution do 20-25 reps ( only abs and l. back extensions do till failure) This is for muscular endurance

Start with one or two revolutions and work your way to four. If you want muscle mass do 20-25 reps for 12 workout sessions. after 12 sessions, do 20-25 reps 1st time around, 15-20 2nd (more weight or resistance each time), 10-15, and last 6-10 reps ( for the 4th time around. Change up the exercise for each time you go around. ex chest- do flat, inlcine, flyes etc.

Just keep jumping from machine to machine or station to station- it builds endurance and is aerobic training because of the little rest. good luck. If you are not familiar with the equipment get a trainer, don't hurt yourself.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cobrajet4v View Post
    Typical 6019 attitude...not even in the academy yet and already talking back and asking b.s. questions...if you were told a thousand times to stay off the sidewalk then stay off of it. IF you're lucky enough to get in and you want to try it then walk on the sidewalk. Enjoy the experience. Don't keep asking questions otherwise those 6 months are going to feel a lot longer. P.S. - SHUT THE F*** UP!
    Get in the sink Johnny!

Forum Member

Ok, so I'm bag shopping. I'm looking at the under armor ones because I trust their products and will be easy to color in the lettering to black.

http://www.ebags.com/under_armour/la...?modelid=48563

Is that one too big? Or is that about the size of the bag they sell at the quartermaster. I forgot to get approximate measurements while i was there.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrOOkLyN718 View Post
    -there is NO tie to be worn with the uniform because we will be wearing our short sleeve "class A" dress shirt.

Also, bring lunch..with your name marked on the bag.

-GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE... =0)
    Unless things have changed lately, you will probably be wearing the tie with the short sleeve shirt.
    To add to this:
    TIE CLIPS!

For your lunches, you'll want to get a large mesh bag for your squad to put everyone's lunches into to put into the refrigerator.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Tie

They specifically told us not to wear the tie. It is not part of the uniform with short sleeves. They told us to put the tie and clip in the closet and forget about them till it gets colder.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Thumbs up duffel

Hey, if you guys are looking for a duffel ArcTeryx makes a suuper bomber duffel called the V8, V10, or V13. These bags cost about 100 and come in the three different sizes. I cant remember what size i have, but through a little research you can find the size you will need. The one I have will fit bunkers and what ever other crap you need to put in there. Rigid bottom, super simple, black, and the thing is made out of ballistic kevlar. I abuse the crap out of mine and you can color in the label with a black sharpie or put black duct tape over as well i suppose. Again, highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    They specifically told us not to wear the tie. It is not part of the uniform with short sleeves. They told us to put the tie and clip in the closet and forget about them till it gets colder.
    Good enough! As long as it came from them.
    People were always losing their tie clips here and there.

Irish - I think you're fine with the Large. Medium bag may get a little tight, especially on Fridays when you stuff your PT gear in to wash over the weekend.

Some things to keep in your lockers when you get them eventually:
    t-shirts
    socks
    skivvies
    towel
    DEODORANT
    Stick-ups air fresheners (change them regularly)
    Last edited by ffbam24; 06-18-2008 at 10:40 PM.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    Dude, relax. The guy was just asking a simple question.
    The way I see it ... Get on the job first. Bust your hump for a lil bit. Earn the right to be called "brother" THEN ask a question like that. I'm sorry if it came out strong but I'm cut from a "different stone" that's all. I'm young but I think like I'm from the "old school"
    Last edited by Jimmy2times; 06-18-2008 at 11:27 PM.

Forum Member

hopefully, thats great news man, you've got to be excited! The chance to bump into this class as close as you are...whew.

Good luck!

11XX.

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    Hey guys, got my letter to do the run on monday the 23rd, sitting in the mid 800s, so guys check your mail if you are around there.

It doesn't say on the letter, and I'm going to call my investigator tomorrow, but does anyone know if I am still required to do the run if I am deferring? Thanks guys
    IS your case CLOSED? I was just curious..
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Thread Information