Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by exam6019 View Post
    Guys I don't know anymore if 6019 will go as deep as everyone thinks right now. I original thought it would reach at least 5000 , but now I don't even know if that's going to happen. Fact , only about 10 retired for the month of july. That's not good at all if that continues. 39xx
    from what i've heard from my bosses in the past and present, summers are always slow for retirement/hiring/firing in most jobs. it's a feel good time of year and a lot of people stick around till the weather gets bad, the beer and bbq's taper off, and the winter projects, whatever they may be, come around. i'm PRAYING to get in off of 6019! I'll be 21 in october. I really hope they reach my number. I feel like there are a lot of people at the test day who took 6019 exam who have no interest in the job but got pushed to go. Here's to hoping the ratio of uninterested people goes up!
    Last edited by SurferP; 08-03-2008 at 02:43 AM.
    Sh*t List 6019 - 68xx's

Forum Member

Question Im in the 3900's too

Quote Originally Posted by exam6019 View Post
    Guys I don't know anymore if 6019 will go as deep as everyone thinks right now. I original thought it would reach at least 5000 , but now I don't even know if that's going to happen. Fact , only about 10 retired for the month of july. That's not good at all if that continues. 39xx

I'm sure you dont have an exact answer... But do you have any idea when we might be reached

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SurferP View Post
    from what i've heard from my bosses in the past and present, summers are always slow for retirement/hiring/firing in most jobs. it's a feel good time of year and a lot of people stick around till the weather gets bad, the beer and bbq's taper off, and the winter projects, whatever they may be, come around. i'm PRAYING to get in off of 6019! I'll be 21 in october. I really hope they reach my number. I feel like there are a lot of people at the test day who took 6019 exam who have no interest in the job but got pushed to go. Here's to hoping the ratio of uninterested people goes up!
    I took the test in SI and I had the same feeling that people werent interested... My brother took it with me and he wasnt interested and he got his packet last month... He tossed it... I want the job but im sitting on 3900's (with I could just take his spot)... Hope there's 2000 more people like my brother on that list

Forum Member

Default Hiring

I think they will go fairly deep on the list. For one, i really think alot of people took the test and couldnt careless if they get called. And secondly, lets face it guys, the physical it extreamly tough. That will most definatly level the playing field.

Forum Member

i agree with hopefully the physical cant be weeding out too many....if you really want this job you know when its coming and you get three shots at it

Forum Member

Smile

Hey, my fellow candidates.
    I'm just wondering if anyone's received anything for the psych test.
    I know that guys in the low-mid 1300's have taken the test last Monday, but I'm just wondering if anyone above that number has received anything in mail, yet.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Default How High?

Anyone have any idea how high they might go with this list?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    I dont know about the physical being extremely tough...

Did we ever get figures how many actually took and failed all three times? I wouldn't imagine many

The medical seems to be weeding the most amount of prospects out
    There had to be a lot of people failing the physical. when I took the writen some of the guys had a hard time just getting in the classroom. Then they didnt fit in the desk... There has to be a ton of guys failing this...

Forum Member

nothing on the psych for me (mid 1400's). have my cpat on the 13th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tommy1981 View Post
    There had to be a lot of people failing the physical. when I took the writen some of the guys had a hard time just getting in the classroom. Then they didnt fit in the desk... There has to be a ton of guys failing this...
    alot can change in two years
    first off you do not know where they scored on the list
    its been my experience if you go to a few of those prep classes and put sometime in at the gym you will pass the physical
    and at all the things ive been to (med, psyc, prep class, cpat) no one or very few look like the type to squeeze into a desk except a group of EMT's that used to go to the prep class the same night as me

I agree with hopefull that the medical is the one weeding people out and I think the run eventually will get some people

Forum Member

I dont think your list number determines when you take you physical or the Psych. I took my Psych last week, and my phys next week. Im in the mid 13xx.

Forum Member

Default Quick question

Has anybody else received a letter from their investigator asking for a recent paystub and two current proofs of address? I got this letter about 3 weeks ago. I made sure that stuff was in the mail the next day.

Just curious if anybody else was in the same boat. (Keep in mind, I started my background in February and I had turned in all of that stuff already).
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

i'm also in the mid 1300's and took my psych last week. i haven't heard anything regarding the medical and my CPAT dates are Aug. 12, 19, and 22nd. it does seem like they are going out of order with all of the procedures with the candidates.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Has anybody else received a letter from their investigator asking for a recent paystub and two current proofs of address? I got this letter about 3 weeks ago. I made sure that stuff was in the mail the next day.

Just curious if anybody else was in the same boat. (Keep in mind, I started my background in February and I had turned in all of that stuff already).
    yeah, I had to give in the same thing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    yeah, I had to give in the same thing.
    When did you start your background? The reason why I ask, is because someone had posted a while ago something about it. I can't remember exactly what was said, but it was along the lines.. "When they ask for a current proof of address, the background is almost completed"...

So I wanted to know if there is any truth to this.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

When did you start your background? The reason why I ask, is because someone had posted a while ago something about it. I can't remember exactly what was said, but it was along the lines.. "When they ask for a current proof of address, the background is almost completed"...

I recieved my processing package back in May. My initial interview was in the begining of of july. When i went to my interview, thats when they asked me for my two proofs of residency and they wanted proof of continuos residency(i.e. bank statements). Its two different peices of info. As far as that being that last of your backround investigation, I'm not sure.

Forum Member

I know what your talking about and got it about 3 weeks ago too

I did my investigation at the end of febuary

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    ... thats when they asked me for my two proofs of residency and they wanted proof of continuos residency(i.e. bank statements). Its two different peices of info ...
    are you sure? so i have all my bank statements, car insurance, credit card, various other mail from feb 07 to april 08'. does my current gov't photo i.d./license need to be current for NYC as well? What if i moved after the continuous residency period at the end of march 08 and changed my address back so my license doesn't reflect that NYC address anymore?
    Sh*t List 6019 - 68xx's

Forum Member

Hey guys....

Do you think one would be penalized for not currently residing in the city limits????

I 100% did live in the bronx from march 2007 to march 2008, yet had to move up north to deal with some family issues....

I have all my mail from my time living in the BX to prove that I lived their during the required time limits....Do you think I have anything to worry about???

Forum Member

Question

I haven't been asked for any additional documents either. I've been trying to reach my investigator but with no luck. Does anyone know if you receive a letter or some type of notification letting us know when our investigation has been completed and we're cleared for hire or denied?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SurferP View Post
    are you sure? so i have all my bank statements, car insurance, credit card, various other mail from feb 07 to april 08'. does my current gov't photo i.d./license need to be current for NYC as well? What if i moved after the continuous residency period at the end of march 08 and changed my address back so my license doesn't reflect that NYC address anymore?
    I gave all my paperwork in at the initial interview.

Forum Member

I never got a letter in the mail asking for more stuff. I did give them a paystub at the investigation though so maybe thats why? Same thing as everyone else-did my investigation in February 8xx

I handed everything in at my investigation in Feb too

i got another letter recently (mid July about) to send in a recent bill/paystub

Forum Member

Default FDNY Investiagtor held on gun rap

Hope this guy was'nt your investigator????

Read some of the comments also
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...n_gun_rap.html

By Christina Boyle
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 9:11 PM

An FDNY investigator has been arrested for taking a loaded handgun and handcuffs into work.

Adrian Best, 38, was stopped as he entered Fire Department headquarters in Brooklyn on Friday by Department of Investigation inspectors who got a tip from another worker.

The Rosedale, Queens, resident allegedly had a loaded 9-mm. pistol in a holster and handcuffs that he was not authorized to carry.

Best has been a civilian FDNY employee since 2006 and conducts background checks on prospective employees. He could face 10 days in prison if convicted.

Forum Member

Default medical

Does anyone know exactly how the FDNY medical is done ( the heart rate test)?

I have the book here and it says first you have to do 3 minutes and 2 second on the stairmaster with no vest @ 59 steps per minute.
    Then (following a recovery period) you do 5 minutes and 12 seconds with the 50 pound vest @ rate of 59 steps per minute.

My question is how long is the recovery period after your first time on? Also what is the rule here? Is it that your heart rate cannot exceed 90% of the maximum for any amount of time?

Maximun heart rate......220 - age = Maximum heart rate
    multiply that by .90 = 90% of your max heart rate

Forum Member

That's weird, i called to make sure my investigation was closed and it was.
    Did you call you investigator directly or is there an automated machine you can call to find out if you investigation is closed?

Thread Information