Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Thanks guys, I'll be on and in touch. You've eased alot of questions as far as the written, I'll keep peeking to see how things go with the pipeline beyond the pass/fail CPAT. Best of luck to everyone going up for the next class or those already there!

Forum Member

I started doing the stairmaster preparation about 4 months prior to my actual test. I am not sure which stairmaster it was, but it had the rolling stairs. When I practiced I didn't take a break I just got right back on and continued. Figured make it harder on my body now will just make it that much easier on the actual test.

Forum Member

Think someone in the 12,000's has a shot at going onto the next process, physical, etc..?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LIfire31 View Post
    I am not sure which stairmaster it was, but it had the rolling stairs.
    That would be the stepmill.

http://bgifitnesscommercial.com/merc...e/7000PT~1.jpg

Forum Member

Question

What's up guys,

I've been trying to reach my investigator but with no luck. Does anyone know if you receive a letter or some type of notification letting us know when our investigation has been completed and we're cleared for hire or denied? Thanks for any info and good luck to all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    What's up guys,

I've been trying to reach my investigator but with no luck. Does anyone know if you receive a letter or some type of notification letting us know when our investigation has been completed and we're cleared for hire or denied? Thanks for any info and good luck to all.
    I'm pretty sure you will not hear anything unless there is a problem or something they need from you. It wouldn't hurt to call and find out the status of your investigation though I've heard a few ppl on this thread say they called up and were told they need to send something in.

Call early in the morning if you want to speak to a real person.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnyjan09 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you will not hear anything unless there is a problem or something they need from you. It wouldn't hurt to call and find out the status of your investigation though I've heard a few ppl on this thread say they called up and were told they need to send something in.

Call early in the morning if you want to speak to a real person.

I call at all hours of the day and leave messages but I still get nothing. I've heard alot how no news is good news but I've also witnessed some horror stories from friends that forced them to miss out on their next class. Is there an auotmated machine that you can enter you social or somthing like that into and it tells you your status? Thanks again for the response.

Forum Member

call in the am. more than once. you should be able to get a hold of someone.

Forum Member

Default investigations

hey fellas, listen. I went through the whole process already and was in the current class but had to defer because of a minor injury. listen, unless you have a cool investigator, u wont know if your investigation is closed or if your gonna get hired until about 2-3 weeks before the start of the class. They notified us about 2 weeks before the first day we had to report for the run. It wont hurt at all to try to stay on top of your investigation because some stuff does fall through the cracks. You have to let them know u WANT this job. But as far as knowing if ur in or not you have to wait until at least 2-3 weeks before the start of the class if u expect to get ANY word. Just keep running and use 10 pound weights. Its all about endurance more than it is strength. Light weights, high reps, push ups, pull ups and run ur butt off.

Forum Member

Yea I figured at this point it was all just a waiting game. I'll keep in touch with my investigator as best as I can until I get the greenlight. Thanks again for the words of wisdom.
    Keep training and good luck to everyone...

Forum Member

Hey guys...

at what point does the mile and a half run take place??? Is it right after the CPAT? Or is it at some point right before the academy is set to begin?

Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    Hey guys...

at what point does the mile and a half run take place??? Is it right after the CPAT? Or is it at some point right before the academy is set to begin?

Thanks
    A week or so before the class is set to start.

Forum Member

Got a pretty big packet in the mail today, I'm on vacation so my parents got it...didn't know if it was CPAT or what but they said it's pretty thick. I'm #20XX, anyone else get one?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBahtz6019 View Post
    Got a pretty big packet in the mail today, I'm on vacation so my parents got it...didn't know if it was CPAT or what but they said it's pretty thick. I'm #20XX, anyone else get one?
    I'm #23XX so I'll start to keep a look out for the investigative packet. Wow, didn't think it would come this quickly.

Forum Member

wont be cpat, that is just a postcard sized letter. Did you have your investigation yet? sounds like you got the paperwork for that.

took my cpat today and passed with 2 mins 15 sec left, was surprised to see a guy in front of me laying on a stretcher receiving oxygen when i finished. guess he wasn't in shape.

anybody with list #'s around 1400 get anything on the medical or psych yet?

I have a question. I live in North Carolina (moved from the NY area just after the test) and I am 3xxx on the list. I can't quit my current job and move back to the NY area unless I know I am definitely hired which from what I understand doesn't happen until 2 or 3 weeks before class starts. The way I read the residency requirements that I don't need to have my NYC or surrounding county address until appointment. My question is when exactly is "appointment"? Also, will the fact that I live in NC slow down my investigation process? I'm sure some of you are in the same boat as me. Can anyone provide some insight. Thanks

Forum Member

That's for your investigation, you get to do all kinds of fun paperwork when you get back from vacation, congrats and good luck. You will be processing for the July class so you got a few months before CPAT rolls around.

Forum Member

I'm also #20XX. I haven't gotten anything yet, but I live in Chicago, so it might take a few days to get to me. Looking forward to moving real soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    wont be cpat, that is just a postcard sized letter. Did you have your investigation yet? sounds like you got the paperwork for that.
    Yea I asked them, they said it was an investigation packet. I'm in Brooklyn so people should be getting them sometime in the next couple days.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post

took my cpat today and passed with 2 mins 15 sec left, was surprised to see a guy in front of me laying on a stretcher receiving oxygen when i finished. guess he wasn't in shape.

anybody with list #'s around 1400 get anything on the medical or psych yet?
    Low 1300's and I had my psych 2 weeks ago.... still no word on the medical though. I took the physical yesterday too..... you got me beat by 10 seconds lol, I had 2:05 left on the clock. I'm gonna start running every day for the next 4 months or so until January.

Forum Member

Hi fellas. I also passed my cpat today with 2:53 left. I know a guy in low 1500's, and he's got his medical next friday. I'm sitting in the upper 1300's with no word on either the psych/med; I've emailed my investigator today regarding this but haven't heard from him, yet. I'll let you guys know once I get something in the mail.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Boombahtz,

How long are you on vacation for? I believe they usually give you 1 month before you have the appointment to go turn in your documents.. (At least that's how it was with me back in February). Good luck with your background investigation and the rest of the process.

Same goes for all of you who have received investigative packets. Get on that ASAP.. Time flies by and before you know it, you have to turn it in at MetroTech.. Make your lives easier and makes copies of EVERYTHING for your selves and make sure that the appropriate documents are notarized.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Boombahtz,

How long are you on vacation for? I believe they usually give you 1 month before you have the appointment to go turn in your documents.. (At least that's how it was with me back in February). Good luck with your background investigation and the rest of the process.

Same goes for all of you who have received investigative packets. Get on that ASAP.. Time flies by and before you know it, you have to turn it in at MetroTech.. Make your lives easier and makes copies of EVERYTHING for your selves and make sure that the appropriate documents are notarized.
    its not always a month I had about 10 days

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomace95 View Post
    I have a question. I live in North Carolina (moved from the NY area just after the test) and I am 3xxx on the list. I can't quit my current job and move back to the NY area unless I know I am definitely hired which from what I understand doesn't happen until 2 or 3 weeks before class starts. The way I read the residency requirements that I don't need to have my NYC or surrounding county address until appointment. My question is when exactly is "appointment"? Also, will the fact that I live in NC slow down my investigation process? I'm sure some of you are in the same boat as me. Can anyone provide some insight. Thanks

____

So, Tomace, here's what i can offer you in terms of insight. If you are not applying for residency CREDIT on your written exam, I dont think you have to be a resident till your appointment (i.e. when you get offered the job and accept it.)

The 5 point residency credit required all of us to have bills from march 07 to 08 or something like that, i cant remember the actual months. After that period, im not sure if you need to maintain residency while you wait, but i dont think you do.

The only thing that makes me question what i just said, is that the investigators recently contacted us (the people who were on the fringes of the recent june class) to get a CURRENT paystub and bill. Im not sure why they did this or what it means. Maybe somebody else in the forum can tell us.

The fact that you live in NC wont slow the investigation. Just be super careful that you dont miss a mailing and that you reply to your investigator ASAP. In fact, ive found that if your investigator has your email, this makes things much less reliant on snail mail, which would be good for you given the chance for errors and the increased delivery time.

Best,
    AAL

Forum Member

Just got word from a friend of mine...LIST # 234X....just got his big yellow investigative packet in the mail yesterday as of 08/13/2008.

Thread Information