Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

The thing about that is, the Lt. said that they won't be asking more guys to come in to the academy when they most likely will be booting twenty or so people the first week. They did it this past class, but that was a very rare exception or something. Maybe they will make the classes a few guys larger in anticipation for those piles of crap falling out?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    Red2117 if you read those forms if I remember correctly those are not for the FDNY to request transcripts but to get disipinary information and over all conduct of a canidate. I am pretty sure it states on the check list that they want "Official Transcripts" sent to the FDNY. I would call and ask before you show up with your transcript in hand. I dont have the papers in front of me but I will look when I get home tomorrow.

The last thing you need is to show up ***uming you can bring your transcript. First impression is a lasting one.

If some one is home and has the check list in front of them copy the transcript part word for word on here.
    It says "Colllege Transcript - 15 credits 'Mailed' from the college"-you're right that could mean to the investigators directly, or mailed to me and brought in. Definitely safe to do both-although I feel like sending a letter into a city department processing office is like sending it into a black hole. You're also right about the other two sheets which, now that I look over, I find it hilarious that they are going to send to my college and expect a reply. I was there 5 years ago along with 30,000 other students-I doubt anyone in the registrars office is going to remember my 'dependability,' 'cooperation,' 'courtesy,' and 'appearance.'

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Red2117 View Post
    You're also right about the other two sheets which, now that I look over, I find it hilarious that they are going to send to my college and expect a reply. I was there 5 years ago along with 30,000 other students-I doubt anyone in the registrars office is going to remember my 'dependability,' 'cooperation,' 'courtesy,' and 'appearance.'
    I understand what you are saying about the possability of them being lost so I have my reciept and I will bring that to prove I sent them in case they are lost. CYA
    I know what you are saying about those two sheets its funny to think they will get much from a college. But I am pretty sure they are just looking to see if you were remembered as a trouble maker or have a disiplianry record. They will use your employers and refrences from more up to date information.

Anyone have a date with their investigator before Feb 6th?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Well first off I am new to this forum. So I wanted to say hello to all and congrats. I have been reading a lot of the threads since yesterday I scored in the 1300's and didn't get a packet and from what I am reading(please correct me if i am wrong) 1-1000 got packets and that would mean they go in around June. Now if I am in the 1300's does that mean I have a shot at Jan 09?

Forum Member

I also sent one to myself and to CID, at $4 a transcript its better to have a backup.

Forum Member

Definitely agreed-I ordered another one and addressed it to "Dean Tow" the director-printed out the receipt and will also bring in the one I have. I'm bringing back ups up all my back ups just in case-and making copies of everything!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    Well first off I am new to this forum. So I wanted to say hello to all and congrats. I have been reading a lot of the threads since yesterday I scored in the 1300's and didn't get a packet and from what I am reading(please correct me if i am wrong) 1-1000 got packets and that would mean they go in around June. Now if I am in the 1300's does that mean I have a shot at Jan 09?
    Welcome to the forums bud... I am also in the 1300's and I'm pretty sure that we'll be able to get everything moving once the first class is all set in the academy and everything.

Forum Member

Smile

hello everyone and congrats on your scores - i am also new to this forum. im in the 3300s and still have a long wait in front of me. i hope i'll make it to a firehouse one day

Forum Member

anyone know why dcas hasnt released the eligibles list for 6019, every other nyc civil service test (sanitation, tbta, etc) the eligibles list is in the chief with rank,name,score right after the results are given back.????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    anyone know why dcas hasnt released the eligibles list for 6019, every other nyc civil service test (sanitation, tbta, etc) the eligibles list is in the chief with rank,name,score right after the results are given back.????
    It should be a public document. I'm not sure the particulars of NYC departments, but it seems as if DCAS would have it for public access. You can walk into the human resources dept of any city in NY and just ask for the civil service list, shouldn't be different down there.

Forum Member

just seems a little suspicious, especially with this new recruiting campaign, test, etc. It should have been out already now that the physical is pass/fail and your rank is final (contingent on proving residency, military,legacy, etc)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    Black ink is expensive

The list may be too long for it to be worthwhile for print in the chief.

Forum Member

Submit a FOIL and you'll get the list.

Forum Member

I think that the list is not offically "established". Whne the list is established they have 4 years to hire off it so they can give you the physical and medical and such without establishing a list they cant hire off of. But thats just what ive heard

I've got a question about the cpat prep sessions. Is it mandatory to go once a week for 12 weeks or is it just required to come to one orientation. If the 12 program is mandatory I guess out of state people like myself would be in bad shape.

Forum Member

hey everyone and congrats on your scores. im in the 3300s so my wait is a little longer. does anyone knoe what happened to the grapevine??

Forum Member

I just got off the phone with them and they want a copy of your transcripts from schools to be sent to them directly at their location.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default list

Matty I have heard the same thing. But who knows!
    Last edited by ant195; 01-31-2008 at 03:18 PM.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Hey I was reading and saw that as a step to getting hired we have to take a polygraph. I was wondering does anyone know all the steps we have to take before getting hired.

Forum Member

I stopped by city hall today, went to the 21st floor and they told me that the list had yet to be established. The person that I talked to had no idea that they had sent out letters either...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by formerbuckeye View Post
    I stopped by city hall today, went to the 21st floor and they told me that the list had yet to be established. The person that I talked to had no idea that they had sent out letters either...
    you were definitely in the right place

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    I think that the list is not offically "established". Whne the list is established they have 4 years to hire off it so they can give you the physical and medical and such without establishing a list they cant hire off of. But thats just what ive heard

Matty, Can you explain this a little deeper? Do you mean that if no one is past the medicals/backgrounds then there is no list?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by formerbuckeye View Post
    Matty, Can you explain this a little deeper? Do you mean that if no one is past the medicals/backgrounds then there is no list?

In NYS, a civil service list is complied form the scores(where we are now), this list is taken before the local civil service commission. The commision looks at it, does a vote to accept it or not. If they accept it, they do a little dance, wave their arms and the list becomes "established". Once a competetive list is established, the city can appoint(read:hire) canidates from that to the competetive class of firefighter.

I guess FDNY doesn't want to wait. They already know what the list is going to look like(it just needs the blessing of the civil service commision to become a real list) so they can start processing the top scoring canidates while they wait for the old list to expire and this one to get established.

You know you guys can find statute law on the intraweb? all of this is on the web

Forum Member

Default Prep classes

Ok, I got my packet and it did not include any info about the prep classes you guys have been talking about for the physical. I re-read every word of every sliver of paper I got three time to make sure I didn't miss it.

What can I do? Is it too late now? I would like to get my CPAT out of the way in a practice session so I don't have to worry about it later? In theory my list number would put me in the july/august class. Any body have info for me?
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

If anyone that isn't a long term resident (i.e. moved to the city a yearish ago for the points)could pm me about what they are using for residency I would appreciate it.

Thread Information