Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jremNY View Post
    Received over the weekend the information for the CPAT training sessions from FDNY Recruitment and Diversity. I also received from DCAS the two Orientation dates for the CPAT and am scheduled to be at in 3 weeks.

And of course the 12 FDNY CPAT training sessions all start after the DCAS CPAT.
    what date did you go in for your "interview" at 9 metro ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GettinReady6019 View Post
    what date did you go in for your "interview" at 9 metro ?
    I went in last week.

Forum Member

Hey all I had my medical the other day and I failed my step part, dam it for being nervous.

My question is anyone else who failed in the past is it true that when you goto retake the test as long as you can stay on the mill for 8 minutes that counts as a pass even if you go over your heart rate limit?

Because that is what the guys that work there were telling me just wanted to make sure that he was right.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Last edited by claneshark; 09-10-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    Hey all I had my medical the other day and I failed my step part, dam it for being nervous.

My question is anyone else who failed in the past is it true that when you goto retake the test as long as you can stay on the mill for 8 minutes that counts as a pass even if you go over your heart rate limit?

Because that is what the guys that work there were telling me just wanted to make sure that he was right.
    Yes and no. It is true they are not as strict on the second try but if over by a lot they will fail you. When I went for my retake every one (4 people) did the extra time but just me and another guy passed. I do believe that there is a third shot at it but I heard they are more strict then.

Good Luck and do what everyone has been saying. Lose some weight and increase your cardio

Forum Member

I went in last week.
    so you recieved something from the FDNY for the prep sessions AND you recieved something from DCAS? Because i just recieved today in the mail the prep sessions for the cpat at the rock ( 12 week sessions along w/ a free 3 month membership to NYSC) and nothing else. Just wondering , hopefuly i will recieve something tomorrow ....

Forum Member

Good luck to you buddy ...keep your head high and HIT THOSE STAIRS ASAP...Keep us posted

Forum Member

Just keep running. I had to go back three times. If you fail the 2nd time they make you go see a cardiologist and get a stress echo cardiogram. It was fine for me. When i went back the third time an officer or a doctor will be there and monitor you while you are on it. Once again my heart rate was high over what it should have been. He had me on it for approx 10 min. I had no problem doing it. He saw that i was in good shape and not winded at all. So he said I was good.

If you fail the third time thats it. your out.

Just make sure you keep running and are in excellent shape.

Forum Member

thanks once again everyone for the info.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Hi everyone.
    First thanks to everyone who has provided all of the useful information in this thread.

I am posting simply to say I am #223X on the list and I have not received anything yet besides my test score.
    No interview date, nothing at all from the FDNY after my score and number were given to me.

I come by here every month or so to try and feel out what number they are up to on this list and I hope my info helps others doing the same.

Forum Member

Guys get a vest and a gym membership with a step mill, it's expensive but will help you pass. Getting on them steps with the weight at 60 steps per minute or faster for longer than the test time, go up to 10-15 minutes with the weight and the test will be nothing.

Also running a lot will keep your heart rate so much lower. Since I started running more days per week and harder my HR on the steps stays about 10-15 bpm lower.

You just simply have to bust your ***, it's not easy but it's not impossible. Good luck.

I haven't taken my test yet but I've been over preparing for it to compensate for the nervousness that will raise my HR a few beats.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rtech5 View Post
    Hi everyone.
    First thanks to everyone who has provided all of the useful information in this thread.

I am posting simply to say I am #223X on the list and I have not received anything yet besides my test score.
    No interview date, nothing at all from the FDNY after my score and number were given to me.

I come by here every month or so to try and feel out what number they are up to on this list and I hope my info helps others doing the same.
    One of the folks at Metrotech said last week that they will likely not be processing any more people until February. It sounded like they processed up to about 2200, and were processing them as if they were going into the January class.

That said, the January class is a long shot for most who went in last week, but they needed to provide a buffer as the ratio's are still up in the air. One lady offered a 10% chance for those who went in last week to make the Jan class.

You should probably expect packet information in January, but thats only assuming they'll take you in for processing in Feb.

Forum Member

One of the folks at Metrotech said last week that they will likely not be processing any more people until February. It sounded like they processed up to about 2200, and were processing them as if they were going into the January class.

That said, the January class is a long shot for most who went in last week, but they needed to provide a buffer as the ratio's are still up in the air. One lady offered a 10% chance for those who went in last week to make the Jan class.

You should probably expect packet information in January, but thats only assuming they'll take you in for processing in Feb.
    Awesome, thank you for the info.
    I guess I should start running. =)

Forum Member

will there be as many ems promos in this jan09 as in jul08?

Forum Member

Who went in last week, #'s wise.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    Who went in last week, #'s wise.
    I went in last tues the 26th of august.....My list number is 2015.....

I just got the letter in the mail about the cpat orientation at randells island on sept 19.

Does this mean that the actual CPAT is coming real close after that????

Aren't we entitled to some 12 week prep session or sumthin????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post

Aren't we entitled to...

??????!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    I went in last tues the 26th of august.....My list number is 2015.....

I just got the letter in the mail about the cpat orientation at randells island on sept 19.

Does this mean that the actual CPAT is coming real close after that????

Aren't we entitled to some 12 week prep session or sumthin????
    The CPAT prep classes at the Rock are not an entitlement. The city and the FDNY are offering them to better prepare its candidates. Once the budget runs out, guess what? No more prep classes.. No one should depend on the prep sessions at the Rock. Everyone should be training on their own and when the CPAT exam date comes up, you'll be able to pass it.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Default oops

sorry guys.....i didnt mean to cause a stir by saying "entitled"....

Very poor wording...

But what i did mean is that I had gotten the perception that it was standard to have the 12 weeks of prep before the cpat.....

Not that one should rely on just those 12 preps....but was just curious as to what the normal pre-cpat procedure was....

I guess as long as one has been running hard and hitting the step mill, they will most likely be ok for the cpat...

Forum Member

provided that they do run out of budget and don't offer the prep classes anymore. can anyone go to the CPAT prep classes when they offer them now or is it for designated list numbers? That would seem unfair to provide an aid to some people but not have it available to others based on list number.
    Sh*t List 6019 - 68xx's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SurferP View Post
    provided that they do run out of budget and don't offer the prep classes anymore. can anyone go to the CPAT prep classes when they offer them now or is it for designated list numbers? That would seem unfair to provide an aid to some people but not have it available to others based on list number.
    No you can only go down after you get a waiver signed and you need a card to get in...just because they say its a 12 week program doesnt mean you have 3 months to get ready..it was about 6 weeks from the time i went to the orientation to the time of my fist date for my physical.

IMO Although the prep classes are good they are not going to get you in shape so all you really need is a few run throughs to get a feel for the test

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    No you can only go down after you get a waiver signed and you need a card to get in...just because they say its a 12 week program doesnt mean you have 3 months to get ready..it was about 6 weeks from the time i went to the orientation to the time of my fist date for my physical.

IMO Although the prep classes are good they are not going to get you in shape so all you really need is a few run throughs to get a feel for the test
    i read a post that the prep classes were only available for the first 4000. i dont know how true that is it seems a bit off but what do i know

Hi,
    This would be my first time posting on this site. I have not looked into the FDNY since I got my score, since someone told me it might take a few years to get a call, so I was wondering if someone could give me an update.

Does the FDNY put a class in every Jan and July like NYPD? How big are the classes? My list number was 3,3xx, anyone have an idea how long before I get a package for the background? How long has the process been between getting the background packet up until the physical?

Forum Member

anyone else going to the info session? and/or the prep courses?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skeezix View Post
    Hi,
    This would be my first time posting on this site. I have not looked into the FDNY since I got my score, since someone told me it might take a few years to get a call, so I was wondering if someone could give me an update.

Does the FDNY put a class in every Jan and July like NYPD? How big are the classes? My list number was 3,3xx, anyone have an idea how long before I get a package for the background? How long has the process been between getting the background packet up until the physical?

Would anyone mind repeating everything that's been posted in the other 2179 posts in this thread for him?

Thread Information