Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 618 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592132182582 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Default letterhead

hey, in the past i have had the office secretary write up letters like this for me

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shanahan14 View Post
    I got a new job recently and my investigator wants 1)a pay stub and 2) " supply a letter on letter head from current employee start date". I'm not 100% sure what that means. Does this mean I need my boss to write the letter on letter head saying that I started on this date and just that I work there?. I don't know what else it could be. If anybody knows, please let me know. THANK YOU
    If you don't know then ask your investigator, but you should know what this kind of stuff is, you're a big boy now and you're trying to apply for a job here...

Forum Member

I got a new job recently and my investigator wants 1)a pay stub and 2) " supply a letter on letter head from current employee start date". I'm not 100% sure what that means. Does this mean I need my boss to write the letter on letter head saying that I started on this date and just that I work there?. I don't know what else it could be. If anybody knows, please let me know. THANK YOU

My guess is you don't meet the college credits so you need a work history of
    (6 months?). Thus the dates.

Forum Member

Default New job

All they need is a letter from your employer on the company's letterhead stating your name, the date you started working there, and your currnet employment status.

Forum Member

Lightbulb

They don't have the jan class filled yet. Remember the ratio will probably be around 3:1. So they will most likely reach 1600 , 1700 for the jan 08.

Forum Member

I in in the upper 11xx and my ref's have all received their letters but I am not not sure about my jobs. all that is left after the background is completed would be the 1.5 mi run. I also started my process in feb, took my cpat in april, med and psych in may

Forum Member

Default First Few Days...

For you guys going in January or June 09, or any other class for that matter, LISTEN!! I know it sounds dumb but since before day 1, guys don't listen, nod off, don't pay attention, and the class pays for it! Follow directions!
    Now, as for the physical tests on the first couple days:
    -1.5 mile run
    -situps as fast as you can go, as many as you can do in a minute
    -Pushups - only give you the down count, so you do not have to hold it at the bottom, and do as many as you can
    Pull ups - flat bar, hands away from you, complete up, complete down, as many as you can do.

Keep working guys!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tcfdDan View Post
    guys don't listen, nod off, don't pay attention, and the class pays for it!

yup........................... ....

Quote Originally Posted by tcfdDan View Post
    LISTEN!! I know it sounds dumb but since before day 1, guys don't listen, nod off, don't pay attention, and the class pays for it! Follow directions!
    SURPRISE!!!

Forum Member

any news??? cpat dates? anyone got a packet lately? ...anyone have a good joke...haven't heard a good priest and rabbi joke in a while...did the thread die? Hows everybody doing with training?

Forum Member

Exclamation

boombahtz is right dont let this thread die...lets post some list numbers and if you recieved anything yet
    26**

Forum Member

Hope everyone had a great 4th

Forum Member

Thread won't die, just nothing going on right now.

I'm scheduled to bring up my paperwork on July 30th, CPAT is sometime between 8/11-8/23.

Staying in the gym and going to the prep course at the rock twice a week. Passing the CPAT and medical, and beyond that training for academy are what I'm focusing on at the moment.

Hope you all enjoyed your 4th and weekend, stay in the gym and out of trouble and hopefully I'll have some good news for you guys soon.

Forum Member

FYI: Got a buddy in the 1100's. Has all paper work in and passed all the tests.
    Said that he was one of the ones between 88* and - 12** that was hoping for the July class but now waiting for the Jan 09 class.

However he said that he was still getting heat from an underage drinking tickets about 5 years ago, so if he had been called for July 08 he may have had a problem.

Wondering if the Dept. is begin a more stringent on backrounds due to the "hoopla" surrounding 6019. Also possibly a reason for this first list getting up to 88*. Just a thought

Keep training!

Forum Member

haven't heard anything yet. list # 20**.

Forum Member

Anyone else have the interview this friday july 11th at 9am? I'm sitting in the 1300's just stating that because I know someone would of asked.
    Last edited by AnchorC; 07-07-2008 at 03:12 PM.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Default list number

list number... 66**, been out of the loop, any info will be greatly welcome.

There ARE about 88 pages of it....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2327 View Post
    FYI: Got a buddy in the 1100's. Has all paper work in and passed all the tests.
    Said that he was one of the ones between 88* and - 12** that was hoping for the July class but now waiting for the Jan 09 class.

However he said that he was still getting heat from an underage drinking tickets about 5 years ago, so if he had been called for July 08 he may have had a problem.

Wondering if the Dept. is begin a more stringent on backrounds due to the "hoopla" surrounding 6019. Also possibly a reason for this first list getting up to 88*. Just a thought

Keep training!
    I had an underage drinking ticket (2, actually) but got on no problem. It just takes forever for the group (lawyer, OTJs, HR reps) to get around to looking at the stack of files with 'criminal' backgrounds. I was sweatin' it too, but once they looked at it-no problem. Just a waiting game. I was assured that they wouldn't just not look at my file and I would get missed for the academy. Maybe it was last minute, but they have to look at it and you'll know either way.

Forum Member

Unhappy

list number 51** sent in an appeal like 4 months ago to get back half a point which would probably bring me down to the mid or high 4000's contact with dcas and they said too much going on right now and the person who was working on my case was fired and they forgot about that persons files so they just started working on my case and said it will be a couple more months till it goes through. ugh

Thread Information