Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

When exactly does list 6019 expire, just curious I'm active duty in the military and want to take the next exam, my enlistment is up June 2011? I could probably take the exam while i'm still in, but was just looking for a rough idea? 4 years from Jan 07 would they plan a test for as soon as winter/spring 2011 or is there usually a gap? Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Andyboyfire; 09-10-2008 at 10:41 PM.

Forum Member

hey guys i was just wondering if for fun you guys wanted to post the numbers you suspect theyll reach for class 0109, it could be interesting to go back in january and see who was closest also it could keep the forum flowing. so iam gonna say theyll hit list #1675

off subject newsday has the jets favored against the patriots on the sunday....strange world but i love it

Forum Member

God Bless America

Forum Member

Default Never Forget

Today I would like to remember all who have fallen, And a special remberance to two U.S. Marines from my Battalion, Gunnery Sergeant of Marines and Firefighter Matthew Garvey- Squad 1 and Sergeant Major of Marines and Police Sergeant Micheal Sean Curtin- ESU 7. Semper Fidelis

Forum Member

Lightbulb possible list #

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    hey guys i was just wondering if for fun you guys wanted to post the numbers you suspect theyll reach for class 0109, it could be interesting to go back in january and see who was closest also it could keep the forum flowing. so iam gonna say theyll hit list #1675

off subject newsday has the jets favored against the patriots on the sunday....strange world but i love it
    I'm guessing they will reach list # 1780 for jan 09. And without Brady playing , Jets better win !

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by exam6019 View Post
    I'm guessing they will reach list # 1780 for jan 09. And without Brady playing , Jets better win !
    I'm saying 1313

Forum Member

I'd say up to 1400's. But then again, it means nothing coming from me. lol.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

I hope it goes to atleast 2100, i guess it depends on how many can hack it....but im no expert......the inv at 9 metro and my inv told me that i was being processed for jan 09 and im list 20xx...so there is a slight chance!

Forum Member

I Hate Squat Thrusts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Question psych/med

Hey, I'm new to this internet thing, heard Al Gore invented it though.
    Does anyone have any idea how far they've gotten with the psych/meds?

Forum Member

You guys really think they'll only reach list numbers that low? I was thinking that since they went up to 800 something for the current class, that would they need to go up even higher for this coming class since people may have moved onto other things in their lives since the test. But then again there may have been people defering, etc. Also, does anyone know if they will be doing any EMS promos for this class?

THIS IS KILLING ME!!!!!! All this speculating and hoping for January. My life is pretty much paused right now waiting and praying to getting a chance at becoming a New York City fireman. But when it comes down to it, I'd do damn near anything to get this job.

183X....Good luck everyone!

EDIT: Calm, if you don't mind me asking, why do you think they will reach 1313 for the next class? You'd know the best out of all of us, so just wondering why you think that number. Thanks!
    Last edited by coooGy; 09-11-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Forum Member

I LOVE SQUAT THRUSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like the feeling of almost puking or actually puking after an INTENSE training session!!! GOOD SH*T!!!

Forum Member

What i think they do is get everyone processed, CPAT, Psych, Medical etc. Once they have everyone, then they just go down the list of in list # order until they fill the class. That is how it was explaned to me. So you may have started and completed your processing, you might have to wait for the next class. But dont quote me on that i'm not 100% on that. but it does seem logical.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    What i think they do is get everyone processed, CPAT, Psych, Medical etc. Once they have everyone, then they just go down the list of in list # order until they fill the class. That is how it was explaned to me. So you may have started and completed your processing, you might have to wait for the next class. But dont quote me on that i'm not 100% on that. but it does seem logical.
    Yes and this is making me worry because I am sitting above the #'s some are throwing around, I know it's all speculation but if I have to wait another 6 months after January I'm going to go out of my mind, not to mention I've been bracing my current job for me to be leaving in Jan.

But when it comes down to it I'll do what they tell me in order to get on.

So whats up if u pass the CPAT and all but ur not top on the list is that the last well hear or is there still a waiting class

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coooGy View Post

EDIT: Calm, if you don't mind me asking, why do you think they will reach 1313 for the next class? You'd know the best out of all of us, so just wondering why you think that number. Thanks!
    Two reasons.

1. A lot of people defered from the first class in the first 880 and will take the January class.

2. I like the Munsters

Default sanman

what happens is they estimate how many guys they need for the next class. then they do the numbers ,lets just say the need 400 heads to fill the january class. For every 100 guys they need, they might go through 400 list numbers. so they have to over estimate due to the applicants that cant hack it. this is why you can go through the whole process medical and physical and all, and still not get called for final processing. they just have you there for "just in case they get to your list number". now it all depends on how applicants are doing in the medical and physical process thats how fast they move through the list.

Default sanman

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    your right that is exactly how they do it. its a process but it goes fast. its all depending on how many slots they need to fill.

Forum Member

1313 mockinbird lane

Forum Member

haha ok, I get it. Before my time though

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnyjan09 View Post
    Yes and this is making me worry because I am sitting above the #'s some are throwing around, I know it's all speculation but if I have to wait another 6 months after January I'm going to go out of my mind, not to mention I've been bracing my current job for me to be leaving in Jan.

But when it comes down to it I'll do what they tell me in order to get on.
    Believe me I know the feeling. I was getting ready to leave my job in the begining of July for the NYPD. My investigator jacked up my paperwork so they didnt hire me. Thank god that happened because it allowed me to process for FDNY. So it worked out in the end.

Forum Member

Received my letter for the medical today. I have to go down to Metrotech next Monday. List # mid 1700s. Anyone else get it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JD1986 View Post
    Received my letter for the medical today. I have to go down to Metrotech next Monday. List # mid 1700s. Anyone else get it?
    Same deal, can't wait, I've been training for them stairs for a long time.

Forum Member

Default fdny schedule

so does anyone know what the shift schedule is like. straight kelly, modified kelly, or is it something different. someone told me once that they work 12's but everyone in the house usually just works trades so that it works out to be a kelly system? anyone know?

Forum Member

I dont know what a kelly system is but, you get assigned a group # and from that you work off the "chart", You have a calender that basically tells you what days and tours your working for the entire year ,there is 2 tours 9am -6pm day and 6pm to 9am night, you get to leave when you get relieved , guys usually come into work 2 hours early, you can work 24's or straigh tours, you also get a 24 partner that you can swap tours with, you can do Mutual Exchanges and have another guy in your house(preferably) work for you and you can also pick up other guys tours, you keep a notebook of when you worked for a guy with the date and everything so that you know what tours you owe and who owes you tours. Works out younger guys might want off for the weekend, Older guys with side jobs/kids might want off during middle of the week etc,
    work 2 days on - 2 days off , Work 2 nights on - 3 days off.
    If you get assigned to a house with a lot of guys, you will probably have double groups. which kills OT and when they have surplus in manpower you could be 5th man engine, or get detailed to another house that is short a man, sometimes you go out of battallion or out of borough, which I hear is good as a probie, get to work in a different area, you get treated as a guest , free meal, no chores etc but you have to get yourself there

Thats how I understand it, could be wrong? maybe Bam or Calm can add

Thread Information