Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by schroet120 View Post
    Ive been reading this thread monthly for a while now. A lot of people are curious what they are up to it seems low 20xx. My question is what number will they reach when they stop taking from List #6019? Anyone who has taken the previous test or whos on the job already have an idea of what list number they could reach within the next three or four years?
    . The previous test , exam 2043 got up to list# 5670s before it expired. I think exam 7029 if I recall correctly, which was prior to exam 2043 was exhausted due to 9/11, which was over 7000 list#. I believe the other exam giving in 90s got up to low to mid 4000s before expiring. I'm going to stick with my orginal guess since there's so many factors now and say exam 6019 will reach at least 5000 before it expires .
    Last edited by exam6019; 09-30-2008 at 01:32 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Free Advice To Candidates...take It For What Its Worth

For you guys who will probably be in the next class, good luck and hang in there. If you passed the medical already... good job and keep training. Running is probably the most valuable workout for you. Keep the mileage up and the heart pumping. A heart rate monitor was the best purchase I made for getting ready for the medical and academy. I was running over 7 miles 3 times a week and doing calistetics 2-3 days... thats push ups, pull ups and sit ups.

If you failed the heart rate test the first time around I would focus the 30 days on cardio workouts. Again, if nothing else than run (see above). If you are lucky enough to have access to a real stair machine than work on that with the 50 lbs for 5:12 or whatever. If you have the vest, a stair machine and a decent heart monitor than you can simulate the test whenever you want. (For those of you who haven't been following this post you have to stay within 90% of your max heart rate for 5:12 on a stair machine at a rate of 60 steps / minute with a 50lb vest on. Your max heart rate is 220 - your age). Anyways, don't stress too much if you were within 10 - 15 beats over your limit. Let it motivate you to train hard for 30 days.

And for everyone... keep the training up. The academy is no joke. Don't hurt yourself or overtrain of course, but strive to push it to the limit more and more. Don't set yourself on doing the minimum to pass. You still have like 13 weeks or something till the next class... maybe more.

I know what its like to be in your shoes. There is a lot of anxiety in going through the application process and preparing for the cpat, medical and academy. The fact that you are on this post helping each other out and giving information is great. I think if you are prepared and really want the job, you will be fine in the end. Believe it or not, there are people who show up unprepared and don't really want the job... but thats a whole other story.

Good luck. I hope things go smoothly for you with your paperwork and all that jazz. I also hope you have really thought about what you are getting into... seriously.

Lastly, this is free advice... just like any other john doe on here... take it for what its worth. I could be a total nut job, a huge ball bag (get used to that term) or someone who actually went through the motions only 6 months ago.

Peace.

Forum Member

Just got back from the rock for the cpat training....basically the same thing as the orientation only they allowed us to try everything out....LT Pete basically told us that if your not in the best shape of your life , dont even bother with the academy.....so basically for those of you out there that havent been to the rock They are not FU**ING around, work out ,train ,run , run, run and some more running and no carbombs <---lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RosieE63 View Post
    Brand new to F. Forums. Got a couple million questions if anyone can shed some light....

I took and passed all my exams already (Written, Physical, Psych, Med, ect.). I have all my info handed in and with any luck I'll be called for January's class.

-First of all.....when will they let me know about the run before the academy starts? The guys in the previous class were scheduled for their run only two weeks before they started the academy. But at the same time, they were the 1st class from the list and they had a deadline to get the class assembled in time for the prescheduled start date. I'm wondering if they will let my potential class know earlier, due to the increased amount of time before the academy's next class is scheduled to start(approx. 4 months).

-Next....Is it in fact, only the ~12 min./1.5 mile run scheduled for that particular date? as I have also heard rumors of another Stair/Heart Monitor test accompanied by an additional push-up/pull-up/sit-up test.

-Finally...Anyone know anything about the schedule in regards to the academy? What time do you go in and leave approx.? Any weeks off during the 6 Months? Is it true that you are not allowed to work another job while in the academy/as a probie? And can you really not work 24s as a probie? That would blow....

Thanks in advance. I'm sure everyone is either curious about these things or will be in the near future. Good luck to all once again. Sorry so long.

ps-
    I know I passed my exams because my investigator notified me when I spoke to him/her...(To whomever asked earlier...)

Forum Member

Default Carpool

Anyone live in Queens and might be going in in January? Lookin' to carpool to the Rock if I'm called....

Forum Member

Hey everyone-
    I'm in the low 1700's, so I'm thinking I've got an outside chance at Jan. I was wondering if anybody on here knows if the MTA is reliable enough to take to the rock. I live in BK and it takes about an hour to get there which isn't too bad, but will we have to report before the M35 starts running? Just trying to get a heads up if I'm going to need a car or not...
    Thanks

Forum Member

Anyone live in Queens and might be going in in January? Lookin' to carpool to the Rock if I'm called....
    what area?

Forum Member

what area? PM me
    Last edited by Queens6019; 10-01-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by glycerin16 View Post
    Hey everyone-
    I'm in the low 1700's, so I'm thinking I've got an outside chance at Jan. I was wondering if anybody on here knows if the MTA is reliable enough to take to the rock. I live in BK and it takes about an hour to get there which isn't too bad, but will we have to report before the M35 starts running? Just trying to get a heads up if I'm going to need a car or not...
    Thanks
    You think you have an outside chance?? I thought they were calling up to list #2200 for this january class. Anyone know what the highest list # they called for the medical is?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    what area?
    might be pretty early thinking of that but im in Queens

Forum Member

FYI Heard that the run for the jan class will be in early december and processing will be around the 15th of December

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by glycerin16 View Post
    Hey everyone-
    Thanks
    I live in downtown Manhattan and for the later start I had no problem to take the subway/bus, but when we needed to be there early for any reason, I found the bus either runs every 30 min., or not at all before 5. I take the train to 125th and get a ride from there, on those days. You should have no problem finding a car pooler.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Car pools

Dont worry to much about car pools they try and hook you up when you get there and get in your companies. If you get put in different Co. then your car pool is pretty much shot.
    GET IN SHAPE!!!!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test6019 View Post
    You think you have an outside chance?? I thought they were calling up to list #2200 for this january class. Anyone know what the highest list # they called for the medical is?
    They are bringing in up to that number to start the process, but not necessarily to all go into the January class. I had my medical this past Tuesday (9/30) and the guys there were around 1900's.

I am 183x, and hoping and praying to make it into the January class, but I know it is a far stretch.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test6019 View Post
    I spoke to my investigator this afternoon, not to bring anyone down but im under 2100 on the list and my investigator said that by the looks of it, i will definatley not be in jan's class...The only good thing out of this is that i can keep on preparing myself for july...and for those of you out there that have been to the rock know that they arent messing around when they say to get in the best shape of your life...just a little input...good luck to all and keep on training !!!
    Last edited by GettinReady6019; 10-01-2008 at 11:48 PM.

Forum Member

GettinReady6019, around what number are you?

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by coooGy View Post
    They are bringing in up to that number to start the process, but not necessarily to all go into the January class. I had my medical this past Tuesday (9/30) and the guys there were around 1900's.

I am 183x, and hoping and praying to make it into the January class, but I know it is a far stretch.

Were they near 1900 or in the 1900's? I'm right around 1900 and havent heard anything yet.

Forum Member

Default Fdny

what is the name brand heart rate moniter that FDNY uses for the heart rate test?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    what is the name brand heart rate moniter that FDNY uses for the heart rate test?
    I'm using the "polar" brand chest strap. Syncs right up with the stepmill at the gym. Seems to be accurate. Got one with a watch unit to that reads your rate while running or whatever. Pretty expensive with the watch though. I'm not sure what the dept. uses. I wouldn't be surprised if it were "polar" though....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    I think they use polar but dont stress the brand...Nike, polar, etc... All will give you the same reading or a beat or two off.

good luck

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything about the january class possibly going to 3 months? I heard they might make it 3 months in an effort to make the necessary budget cuts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ajabiggs View Post
    Were they near 1900 or in the 1900's? I'm right around 1900 and havent heard anything yet.
    I asked 2-3 of the guys there with me that day and they said they were in the mid 1900's.

Forum Member

GettinReady6019, around what number are you?
    my list number is 20xx

Forum Member

I asked 2-3 of the guys there with me that day and they said they were in the mid 1900's.
    Thanks, I gues I'll call CID and try to find out what's goin' on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    I think they use polar but dont stress the brand...Nike, polar, etc... All will give you the same reading or a beat or two off.

good luck
    What if I use a heart rate moniter that doesn't use the chest strap. Modell"s sells polar and then they have a diff brand which is only a watch and no chest strap.

Thread Information