Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 618 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109509 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    I guess I'm lucky then that I only have had two addresses and one job my whole life. Couple questions maybe you guys know.

Is a moving violation(speeding ticket) considered a summons? Do I need this notarized? It was some campus squarebadge that got me going 38 in a 25. I honestly know nothing about this type of stuff and it's the only thing on my record.

Those forms where we just have to sign the authorization at the bottom, those go out to what, our employers and our high school/college? CID mails those out or are we supposed to bring them?

For the official transcript, I got my college to mail it out, is that how they wanted it to keep it 'official?'

Thanks guys.
    What do they ask about past summons and moving violations? And what other things would be a good idea to start collecting?

How did the Prep classes go? And what is the deal with the classes at Ft Totten?
    Last edited by matty21; 01-27-2008 at 01:17 PM.

Forum Member

The classes last week were just to show you what the cpat basically consisted of. They set up a decent practice course at the academy. Also you were given the opportunity to sign up for the one day a week 12 week program. The training program will take place at the actual academy, not at ft. totten.

On a side note, got to see the training tower that Dennis Leary's foundation fronted the money for. Looks to me like it will be complete for the next class that goes in.

Forum Member

Lt. Cassiola told our group that it takes them 2.5 applicants to get one good, cleared, and qualified candidate. Now, I'm not sure if he was taking that off of the overall numbers for an entire list, or if it's the average for every academy.

I can imagine they send out WAY more packets in the later years/higher numbers that don't turn into viable candidates than they do at the beginning, so it might not hold as true for the first couple academies. Lt. made it sound like there is a decent chance for those of us in the 600s and 700s to make it into the first academy.

We'll see what happens, I guess, but that would be awesome.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

I got that impression too, that the Lt. thought it would take about 2-3 guys to get one spot in the academy. Although I would imagine that that is the average and not the actual amount for every class. I would imagine that with the first few classes, it is much lower. More like 1.2 guys or something. I would also be stoked if I was able to get into the class this summer.

Forum Member

i know two guys for sure in the 500's who are NOT going to take the gig if its offered to them

MembersZone Subscriber

Default SeminolB

If you read on the check sheet they gave you it says you have to notorize summons and arrests not including traffic violations. So from that you only need to know the dates of the tickets you dont need any paperwork from it.
    Hope that helps!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    For the official transcript, I got my college to mail it out, is that how they wanted it to keep it 'official?'
    Some will give you a transcript in a sealed envelope with a bunch of stamps over the seal saying "offical until seal broken" or something of the like. Not sure if all colleges do that, but it is an option.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    If you read on the check sheet they gave you it says you have to notorize summons and arrests not including traffic violations. So from that you only need to know the dates of the tickets you dont need any paperwork from it.
    Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the info, Ant. I've got a list of questions I'm going to call them about today.

Nameless - you're spot on for the transcripts. I think that's why they have "mailed" in quotes when talking about transcripts; meaning just have them mailed to your house and bring then, unopened, to your Background Interview.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Transcripts

You can not bring in your transcripts from schools. You have to have them sent from the school to the FDNY Investigation Div.. They will not accept any transcript you bring in even with the stamps. If you read the letter I am pretty sure it tells you this but I dont have it in front of me. Its the same idea as chain of evidence for those of you that know law. The least amount of people who touch it the better (less option of contamination).
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Ant is correct. And if you don't believe us.. Do both.

Forum Member

I ordered an "official transcript" to bring with me, but also part of the packet is two forms for you to sign to authorize them requesting your transcript (both college and high school) directly.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Forms

Red2117 if you read those forms if I remember correctly those are not for the FDNY to request transcripts but to get disipinary information and over all conduct of a canidate. I am pretty sure it states on the check list that they want "Official Transcripts" sent to the FDNY. I would call and ask before you show up with your transcript in hand. I dont have the papers in front of me but I will look when I get home tomorrow.

The last thing you need is to show up ***uming you can bring your transcript. First impression is a lasting one.

If some one is home and has the check list in front of them copy the transcript part word for word on here.
    Last edited by ant195; 01-28-2008 at 05:40 PM.

Forum Member

at the cpat prep info class someone asked a question about the ems promotionals, and the lt said that 150 are going to be in the first class, i think he was saying that, that was the max they are allowing in the first class, and the classes for now should be about 300 and tentatively start july 1st. also said the cpat physicals are going to start around april 15.

Forum Member

do you get 3 chances to pass the physical? if so that is real bad for people banking on some failures.

Forum Member

This is the deal with the physical:

Theres 12 weeks (TWELVE!!) of prep classes... interesting, considering the tentative scheduling by DCAS of starting the first tests in 9-10 weeks...

Within those 12 weeks are two practice runs and two timed runs and THEN the real test. However, should you pass either of the two timed runs, youre good to go, no need to carry on to the actual official Test.

All along Ive been thinking the failure rates were going to be pretty high, but now that Ive been out there to see the setup, and met the staff prepping the people... lots of people are going to pass this test...

Then a short time later, I foresee LOTS of people getting bumped out of the academy... its definitely going to be interesting...

Forum Member

The thing about that is, the Lt. said that they won't be asking more guys to come in to the academy when they most likely will be booting twenty or so people the first week. They did it this past class, but that was a very rare exception or something. Maybe they will make the classes a few guys larger in anticipation for those piles of crap falling out?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    Red2117 if you read those forms if I remember correctly those are not for the FDNY to request transcripts but to get disipinary information and over all conduct of a canidate. I am pretty sure it states on the check list that they want "Official Transcripts" sent to the FDNY. I would call and ask before you show up with your transcript in hand. I dont have the papers in front of me but I will look when I get home tomorrow.

The last thing you need is to show up ***uming you can bring your transcript. First impression is a lasting one.

If some one is home and has the check list in front of them copy the transcript part word for word on here.
    It says "Colllege Transcript - 15 credits 'Mailed' from the college"-you're right that could mean to the investigators directly, or mailed to me and brought in. Definitely safe to do both-although I feel like sending a letter into a city department processing office is like sending it into a black hole. You're also right about the other two sheets which, now that I look over, I find it hilarious that they are going to send to my college and expect a reply. I was there 5 years ago along with 30,000 other students-I doubt anyone in the registrars office is going to remember my 'dependability,' 'cooperation,' 'courtesy,' and 'appearance.'

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Red2117 View Post
    You're also right about the other two sheets which, now that I look over, I find it hilarious that they are going to send to my college and expect a reply. I was there 5 years ago along with 30,000 other students-I doubt anyone in the registrars office is going to remember my 'dependability,' 'cooperation,' 'courtesy,' and 'appearance.'
    I understand what you are saying about the possability of them being lost so I have my reciept and I will bring that to prove I sent them in case they are lost. CYA
    I know what you are saying about those two sheets its funny to think they will get much from a college. But I am pretty sure they are just looking to see if you were remembered as a trouble maker or have a disiplianry record. They will use your employers and refrences from more up to date information.

Anyone have a date with their investigator before Feb 6th?

Forum Member

Well first off I am new to this forum. So I wanted to say hello to all and congrats. I have been reading a lot of the threads since yesterday I scored in the 1300's and didn't get a packet and from what I am reading(please correct me if i am wrong) 1-1000 got packets and that would mean they go in around June. Now if I am in the 1300's does that mean I have a shot at Jan 09?

Forum Member

I also sent one to myself and to CID, at $4 a transcript its better to have a backup.

Thread Information