Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 618 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

I might have a problem: I got a letter from CID yesterday saying that I'm missing one month of statements(11/07) and need to get it in to them in 10 days or they close my investigation. I've looked all over and I have no bills or bank statements from this month. I checked everything and asked another member of my family who pays most of the bills and they're worried they might have thrown them out last November by mistake. I have no idea what to do because I seriously doubt I'm going to find anything from that month at this point now.

Forum Member

go online many companies have statements online and you could just print off the statement you need or call them and have them send you one

Forum Member

Johnny, as Matt has stated, you can print it out online. Otherwise, you can go to your bank and ask them to print out the statement for that month (they'll print it out on the spot). I believe it's $5 for each month.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Exclamation Rule #1: ALWAYS COVER YOUR @SS

As you guys already know, I turned in extra documents that were requested last month through a letter in the mail from my investigator. I got a voicemail today saying that if I didn't reply to that original letter from July, my case would be closed for failure to respond.

I immediately called my investigator. She told me that she had not received the requested documents and it has been a month since the letter was sent out. I told her that I had responded to her letter and sent the documents through certified mail with return receipt and that someone had signed for it at 9 Metrotech on 7/17/08.. (I have the returned receipt to prove it).

She then asked me if I had made copies for myself. I said, "Yes and I am willing to drop them off first thing in the morning." She then told me to hold on, that she would look through her desk one more time.

When she got back on the phone, she apologized and said that it had been sitting on her desk since it was delivered. She overlooked it, becasue of all the paperwork on her desk.

At this point, she proceeded to tell me she now had everything that was needed to close my case.

The moral of the story: Always make copies for yourself and if you're mailing ANYTHING to your investigator, send it via certified mail with return receipt.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Default fdny medical

Does anyone know exactly how the FDNY medical is done ( the heart rate test)?

I have the book here and it says first you have to do 3 minutes and 2 second on the stairmaster with no vest @ 59 steps per minute.
    Then (following a recovery period) you do 5 minutes and 12 seconds with the 50 pound vest @ rate of 59 steps per minute.

My question is how long is the recovery period after your first time on? Also what is the rule here? Is it that your heart rate cannot exceed 90% of the maximum for any amount of time?

Maximun heart rate......220 - age = Maximum heart rate
    multiply that by .90 = 90% of your max heart rate

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    Does anyone know exactly how the FDNY medical is done ( the heart rate test)?

I have the book here and it says first you have to do 3 minutes and 2 second on the stairmaster with no vest @ 59 steps per minute.
    Then (following a recovery period) you do 5 minutes and 12 seconds with the 50 pound vest @ rate of 59 steps per minute.

My question is how long is the recovery period after your first time on? Also what is the rule here? Is it that your heart rate cannot exceed 90% of the maximum for any amount of time?

Maximun heart rate......220 - age = Maximum heart rate
    multiply that by .90 = 90% of your max heart rate

Hey Frank,

Scroll up.. Your question was already answered.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Default medical

u go on stairmaster for 3 min no vest or heart rate monitor then u come off,go back in a room stretch relax watever u like...in about 5-10 min depends how many other candidates are waiting at the time. they will call u again 2 do stairmaster for 5 min 12 sec with vest and heart rate u have the formula right i am 25 my heart rate couldnt go higher then 175 if u are older minus 1 heartbeat for every year if u are younger add 1 for every year u are younger then me...try not 2 be nervous and control ur breathing.tahts the key u dont have 2 be in perfect shape 2 pass..if u happen 2 fail they give 30 days 2 come back again.if this is the case buy a polar heart rate monitor the basic model.find a stairmaster and vest and practice atleast 3 days a week and try and runanother 2days. u will pass with flying colors.i did this for a month before my 1st medical and passed no problem.if u are geared up 2 start the academy this jan here are some pointers.u dont need 2 lift heavy in anything but legs.legs and cardio are the key things.u need 2 do core training with practically no breaks in between.10 lb dumbells and do alot of reps total body workout.i would do pushups as much as i can everyday.also be prepared 2 use ur brain u may think that u are smart etc etc.may be true but u need 2 study ur *** off u can know ur shyt and still fail these test.alot of shyt 2 remember.it dont matter if ur a volly or professional ff somewhere else its the FDNY way and thats that....i have 2 say the worse thing by far is the smokehouse it sounds fun a cool but its brutal and i had pt after i was beat up pretty bad....wen u get in the testing has just began reality hit wen u show up the 1st day in ur suit and u meet the drill instructors.classes are fun and u learn alot but they pretty much yell at u the whole time 2 make u deal with slight pressure.if u guys have any questions post them and i will try and help u out as much as i can whenever i can. im not on here alot do 2 no time right now we are on a hazmat break which is another story in itself lol but have a lil time 2 relax but not much...be safe and goodluck if u havent fgured it out im in the current class

Forum Member

Hopefully09......

Is the break definatley 5 minutes during the heart rate medical portion? So your heart rate cannot reach 90% of your max for any given time period?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Medical

You get at least a 5 min break you can have more but you cant get on the stepper for the second go until 5 min has passed. You wear a polar heart rate monitor get on and step at 59 SPM (steps per Minute) for 3 minutes. Then you take your break get back on with a 50 lbs vest and do it for 5 min. At no time during your test can your go over the set heart rate. If you do you fail and have to come back in a month.

P.S. Guys take a few moments and look thought this thread the information you are looking for has already been discussed. Move back to around April 2008 and read from there that is when the medicals started and you should get your answers to any question.
    I know I personally posted a step by step of the medical in this thread. Do a little research go the extra mile.
    Good luck.

Hopefully09 this week we are out at 1600pm Haz-mat and Peace officer Training. Not the normal.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

I trained by doing the stairmaster 7 days a week for 30 min a day. I put a 75lb dumbell in a backpack and did that for 15 min at 68 steps a min then took it off and did it for another 15 min at 85 steps a min. My heartrate was in the low 150's

Forum Member

Did you use the stairmaster or the step mill? I am finding it difficult to find a gym with the stepmill.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LIfire31 View Post
    I trained by doing the stairmaster 7 days a week for 30 min a day. I put a 75lb dumbell in a backpack and did that for 15 min at 68 steps a min then took it off and did it for another 15 min at 85 steps a min. My heartrate was in the low 150's

how many weeks did you do that routine prior to your medical?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LIfire31 View Post
    There's a huge difference between a stepmill and stairmaster, if we're discussing that.

I would also be very careful with using a backpack and a dumbell.

Great job with the heart rate though!

Forum Member

Another week down... I wish I could take credit for finding this, but hey, who wants to see us new probies in action at the Rock?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaqyj...eature=related

Forum Member

You guys should look so good.

Forum Member

Great find, PCG. How's it going over there, how you guys holding up?? Looking forward to seeing you in action in January!

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, I've been browsing through for some info, I am a stop lossed, and deployed Army Infantryman, looking to makeup the written exam as soon as I return home in the fall(at least that's what I was told would be occurring.) Aside from trying to spend my half an hour of allotted internet time trying to get info, I'm pretty much in the dark. I was told I'd be on list 6019, but I'm desperate for some help here. Tips, Info-any kind of leg up would be great. I hate being in the dark, and my only focus in life, like some of the other guys here was to be a city firefighter-minus my desire to pitch in and serve the country. I have some barron's and prep books, and have been scoring relatively well on the city practice exams they have in there (nothing less than a 92)-Any help would be great, also, if any guys in the thread on the job already could throw me some help I'd be extremely grateful. Also what it's looking like, rumors and gossip aside, as far as the list goes, the grading for military guys(I was told it'd be 'accelerated') and how well the first 1207 did on their written would be great. I'm chompin at the bit with anxiety, and determination, so any help would be great. I'll continue to browse as I have time between patrols-but if there's a post or thread i'm missing please point me in the right direction! Thanks again, I'll be on here as much as I can. if nothing else my e-mail is william.schecher@us.army.mil .

Forum Member

Its going...

Six months seems like a long time, but theres alot to cover. Also, the classroom/hands-on sections are broken up with PT, where you get semi-personal attention (Im of the opinion you wouldnt want more than semi-) and get paid to work out. What other job gives you that?!

Forum Member

Hey guys....

My list number is just a little over 2000 and I still havent gotten any packets...

I am figuring it should come soon, but my question is when do you guys think my CPAT would be... Sept? November?

I have been training but just would like to know how far off it would be for someone like me with a list number just after 2000. THanks Guys.

MembersZone Subscriber

Same boat here.

Figure its a long shot for the Jan class, and a very likely for next summer.

Just keep training - Thats all you can really do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    Hey guys....

My list number is just a little over 2000 and I still havent gotten any packets...

I am figuring it should come soon, but my question is when do you guys think my CPAT would be... Sept? November?

I have been training but just would like to know how far off it would be for someone like me with a list number just after 2000. THanks Guys.

Thread Information