Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 618 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596103143193593 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

I have a question. I live in North Carolina (moved from the NY area just after the test) and I am 3xxx on the list. I can't quit my current job and move back to the NY area unless I know I am definitely hired which from what I understand doesn't happen until 2 or 3 weeks before class starts. The way I read the residency requirements that I don't need to have my NYC or surrounding county address until appointment. My question is when exactly is "appointment"? Also, will the fact that I live in NC slow down my investigation process? I'm sure some of you are in the same boat as me. Can anyone provide some insight. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBahtz6019 View Post
    Got a pretty big packet in the mail today, I'm on vacation so my parents got it...didn't know if it was CPAT or what but they said it's pretty thick. I'm #20XX, anyone else get one?
    That's for your investigation, you get to do all kinds of fun paperwork when you get back from vacation, congrats and good luck. You will be processing for the July class so you got a few months before CPAT rolls around.

Forum Member

I'm also #20XX. I haven't gotten anything yet, but I live in Chicago, so it might take a few days to get to me. Looking forward to moving real soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    wont be cpat, that is just a postcard sized letter. Did you have your investigation yet? sounds like you got the paperwork for that.
    Yea I asked them, they said it was an investigation packet. I'm in Brooklyn so people should be getting them sometime in the next couple days.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    wont be cpat, that is just a postcard sized letter. Did you have your investigation yet? sounds like you got the paperwork for that.

took my cpat today and passed with 2 mins 15 sec left, was surprised to see a guy in front of me laying on a stretcher receiving oxygen when i finished. guess he wasn't in shape.

anybody with list #'s around 1400 get anything on the medical or psych yet?
    Low 1300's and I had my psych 2 weeks ago.... still no word on the medical though. I took the physical yesterday too..... you got me beat by 10 seconds lol, I had 2:05 left on the clock. I'm gonna start running every day for the next 4 months or so until January.

Forum Member

Hi fellas. I also passed my cpat today with 2:53 left. I know a guy in low 1500's, and he's got his medical next friday. I'm sitting in the upper 1300's with no word on either the psych/med; I've emailed my investigator today regarding this but haven't heard from him, yet. I'll let you guys know once I get something in the mail.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBahtz6019 View Post
    Got a pretty big packet in the mail today, I'm on vacation so my parents got it...didn't know if it was CPAT or what but they said it's pretty thick. I'm #20XX, anyone else get one?
    Boombahtz,

How long are you on vacation for? I believe they usually give you 1 month before you have the appointment to go turn in your documents.. (At least that's how it was with me back in February). Good luck with your background investigation and the rest of the process.

Same goes for all of you who have received investigative packets. Get on that ASAP.. Time flies by and before you know it, you have to turn it in at MetroTech.. Make your lives easier and makes copies of EVERYTHING for your selves and make sure that the appropriate documents are notarized.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Boombahtz,

How long are you on vacation for? I believe they usually give you 1 month before you have the appointment to go turn in your documents.. (At least that's how it was with me back in February). Good luck with your background investigation and the rest of the process.

Same goes for all of you who have received investigative packets. Get on that ASAP.. Time flies by and before you know it, you have to turn it in at MetroTech.. Make your lives easier and makes copies of EVERYTHING for your selves and make sure that the appropriate documents are notarized.
    its not always a month I had about 10 days

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomace95 View Post
    I have a question. I live in North Carolina (moved from the NY area just after the test) and I am 3xxx on the list. I can't quit my current job and move back to the NY area unless I know I am definitely hired which from what I understand doesn't happen until 2 or 3 weeks before class starts. The way I read the residency requirements that I don't need to have my NYC or surrounding county address until appointment. My question is when exactly is "appointment"? Also, will the fact that I live in NC slow down my investigation process? I'm sure some of you are in the same boat as me. Can anyone provide some insight. Thanks

____

So, Tomace, here's what i can offer you in terms of insight. If you are not applying for residency CREDIT on your written exam, I dont think you have to be a resident till your appointment (i.e. when you get offered the job and accept it.)

The 5 point residency credit required all of us to have bills from march 07 to 08 or something like that, i cant remember the actual months. After that period, im not sure if you need to maintain residency while you wait, but i dont think you do.

The only thing that makes me question what i just said, is that the investigators recently contacted us (the people who were on the fringes of the recent june class) to get a CURRENT paystub and bill. Im not sure why they did this or what it means. Maybe somebody else in the forum can tell us.

The fact that you live in NC wont slow the investigation. Just be super careful that you dont miss a mailing and that you reply to your investigator ASAP. In fact, ive found that if your investigator has your email, this makes things much less reliant on snail mail, which would be good for you given the chance for errors and the increased delivery time.

Best,
    AAL

Forum Member

Just got word from a friend of mine...LIST # 234X....just got his big yellow investigative packet in the mail yesterday as of 08/13/2008.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tomace95 View Post
    Appointment is the day you raise your right hand and take the oath...this, for most, usually occurs 1 week before the accademy class offically begins. You need to have all your paperwork in order prior to swearing in. NYS DL....bank account or other bills to prove residency.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    Just got word from a friend of mine...LIST # 234X....just got his big yellow investigative packet in the mail yesterday as of 08/13/2008.
    That's weird... I'm 22XX and didn't get mine yet... hopefully it's on the way. I live in staten island, so it shouldn't take that much longer to get it than others... should it?
    6019 / #22--

Forum Member

Default Medical

I heard that you have to take the medical again after you finish the academy and that is the last step to getting on the job. I believe you do the medical once a year after that.Can anyone tell me if this is true? thanks a lot. Shanny

Forum Member

im in the current class just want to let u guys know take this very serious...i was in ur shoes b4 i got in and reading this shyt goin yea yea im in good shape ill be fine.if u are worried about the medical,or finishing the cpat in enough time u have a rude awaking.i struggle everyday cardio wise i was not ready. and that is 90 percent of this academy.this is the toughest thing u will ever do.i played college sports and this is 10xs worse.i am beat up everyday wen i go home.its like groundhog day everyday.wake up at 330am get there at 5am get asked a question 1st thing in the mourning.if u get it wrong u have 2 carry a length of hose around all day.then u go in and study,roll call they abuse u inspect ur gear,uniforms shaved head or face if u **** up u lift ur bags over ur head for a long period of time its a terrible feeling.then u double time it 2 class 2 class wen u have 2 change u run up to 3rd floor with bag and have atleast 150 guys changing all over each other rushing and dis screaming hurry up.u have pt 2 times a week and fst once a week.fst isone of the worse things u will do its like the old physical and new physical combined and u do it with a cylinder and air.full bunker gear as well.and if u have t after u do the smokehouse its gonna be rough was the worse day of my life lol.they have no remorse they are screaming and yelling.the first 5 weeks were crazy tests after test.u go home if u have the late class get home around 7 try and study for 2 hrs shower,eat sleep same everyday...sat only day 2 elax and u feel guilty if u are not studyinglol sunday u prepare for the week ur life is totally gone.my advice 2 u is be able 2 run 3 miles non stop b4 getting in u will be fine.work out 5 days a week if u can light weight alot of reps practically no breaks in bettween.if u dont have strong legs i suggest u make them strong alot of things are easier cause i have strong legs.be prepared 2 study ur *** of they are big on academics u can know ur shyt and still fail ive seen it done.the test are tricky 20 questions in 20 min one a week.u have 2 really want this job.i count off everyday. its tough and hoping i make it till graduation. if i can help anyone at all just ask some questions be more then happy 2 help...i wont be on that much after next week cause our hazmat and peace officer traing is over and back 2 bizness leaves u no time for anything...reason im doin this is cause i got a lot of info off other guys here wen i was getting in...keep the faith maybe dreams do come true? keep on top of ur investigators the sqeaky wheel,get the grease good luck

Forum Member

Talking 6019

im in the current class just want to let u guys know take this very serious...i was in ur shoes b4 i got in and reading this shyt goin yea yea im in good shape ill be fine.if u are worried about the medical,or finishing the cpat in enough time u have a rude awaking.i struggle everyday cardio wise i was not ready. and that is 90 percent of this academy.this is the toughest thing u will ever do.i played college sports and this is 10xs worse.i am beat up everyday wen i go home.its like groundhog day everyday.wake up at 330am get there at 5am get asked a question 1st thing in the mourning.if u get it wrong u have 2 carry a length of hose around all day.then u go in and study,roll call they abuse u inspect ur gear,uniforms shaved head or face if u **** up u lift ur bags over ur head for a long period of time its a terrible feeling.then u double time it 2 class 2 class wen u have 2 change u run up to 3rd floor with bag and have atleast 150 guys changing all over each other rushing and dis screaming hurry up.u have pt 2 times a week and fst once a week.fst isone of the worse things u will do its like the old physical and new physical combined and u do it with a cylinder and air.full bunker gear as well.and if u have t after u do the smokehouse its gonna be rough was the worse day of my life lol.they have no remorse they are screaming and yelling.the first 5 weeks were crazy tests after test.u go home if u have the late class get home around 7 try and study for 2 hrs shower,eat sleep same everyday...sat only day 2 elax and u feel guilty if u are not studyinglol sunday u prepare for the week ur life is totally gone.my advice 2 u is be able 2 run 3 miles non stop b4 getting in u will be fine.work out 5 days a week if u can light weight alot of reps practically no breaks in bettween.if u dont have strong legs i suggest u make them strong alot of things are easier cause i have strong legs.be prepared 2 study ur *** of they are big on academics u can know ur shyt and still fail ive seen it done.the test are tricky 20 questions in 20 min one a week.u have 2 really want this job.i count off everyday. its tough and hoping i make it till graduation. if i can help anyone at all just ask some questions be more then happy 2 help...i wont be on that much after next week cause our hazmat and peace officer traing is over and back 2 bizness leaves u no time for anything...reason im doin this is cause i got a lot of info off other guys here wen i was getting in...keep the faith maybe dreams do come true? keep on top of ur investigators the sqeaky wheel,get the grease good luck

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by shanahan14 View Post
    I heard that you have to take the medical again after you finish the academy and that is the last step to getting on the job. I believe you do the medical once a year after that.Can anyone tell me if this is true? thanks a lot. Shanny
    You take a medical almost every year of your career... If you are hiding something they will probably find it.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

since roughly 880 people went in the first class is that a decent number to base future class list numbers off. i know nothings for sure but in the past is that how it worked?

26**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    since roughly 880 people went in the first class is that a decent number to base future class list numbers off. i know nothings for sure but in the past is that how it worked?

26**
    I highly doubt it. I think many in that 880 who did not enter this class will be in the next or subsequent classes.

Further, I'm not sure attrition numbers will require classes of 300+ after the next class or two.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse21 View Post
    whoa.....!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    January is coming closer by the day just trying to gear up the best I can.
    I hear you, it's creeping up fast! Just passed my physical so one less thing to worry about, have to just keep running and keep in the gym it will be here before we know it.

Anyone got anything on the medical yet?

Thread Information