Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

MY1GOAL. I have heard the same thing you have. I was down at Metrotech last week and a Lieutenant I spoke to said the samething. They are going to send out letters early to mid november for the mile and a half two weeks before the academy. The academy is schedualed to start on January 5, 2009.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    MY1GOAL. I have heard the same thing you have. I was down at Metrotech last week and a Lieutenant I spoke to said the samething. They are going to send out letters early to mid november for the mile and a half two weeks before the academy. The academy is schedualed to start on January 5, 2009.
    Awesome! Thanks for confirming, FDNYUSMC. It's great that we'll find out whether or not we've made it in a few weeks.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Now we just have to wait and see if we have a list number that is going to be called.

Forum Member

I also went to HQ last week, handed in the last of my documents and my investigator said I should recieve a letter by mid november and to keep running, so good luck everyone.

Anyone know what the deal is if you come in between 12 and 13 minutes on the run? I keep hearing mixed responses.

Forum Member

I've heard they start you in the academy in the remedial running and you cannot get out until graduation. There is still plenty of time to prepare for the run and dont forget your adrenalin will help.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NxtGenProbie View Post
    I also went to HQ last week, handed in the last of my documents and my investigator said I should recieve a letter by mid november and to keep running, so good luck everyone.

Anyone know what the deal is if you come in between 12 and 13 minutes on the run? I keep hearing mixed responses.
    yeah..you need to keep running and running and running untill you beat that time..they may boot you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Longcut and Sleepyhollow, did your investigators mention anything about the letter going out sometime in mid-November? I'm just wondering if the news I got a few weeks back is still valid.
    yea I was told we should be hearing something about the run in about a month. Usmc what # are you around?

Default psych test?

Would anyone know when the psych testing is done?

I've done all but the psych testing (began interview in July and passed the CPAT/medical in August and September respectively). Hoping to do the psych soon and make the January class but haven't heard anything since the medical. Any help would be much appreciated, list # mid 1700's.

Forum Member

Anyone in the 1800's range get the letter for the psychological test yet? I am re-taking the vision portion of the medical hopefully early next week and scared that it is holding me up in the process this late on.

Forum Member

Hey guys, real quick, as to pull ups, is that a part of our daily pt or is it mainly going to be push ups and sit ups? I remember reading on this thread after your 1.5 mile run you need to also fall in a certain bracket of pushups situps and pullups, from what I remember. Does anyone know? Thanks

Forum Member

Just looking for a clarification..When you guys heard the 5th is the start day is that the day everything starts or is that the swear in and processing. I was just curious because if thats the first real day of the academy then well be going to the quartermaster and get sworn in around new years and I was just curious about the time line.

Default re:coooGy - waiting on psych

coooGy---I'm mid 1700's and passed the medical (mid sept) without needing a follow up. I havent received a date for the psych yet either. I don't think your vision re-take is holding you up. Hopefully it helps.

Forum Member

Default fdny

The 1 1/2 mile run prior to the academy....

Under 13 minutes to get into the academy.

Under 12 minutes to avoid getting put into remedial.

I think I remember reading previously on this thread that once you get hired there are also Push-up, sit-up and pull-up requirements on the first day that you are tested for. I think the requirements are...

Push-ups....30 in a minute
    Pull-ups......complete 4 or 5
    sit-ups.......30 or maybe 38 in a minute

Forum Member

Default Fdny

For the July 2008 class they appointed upto list # 886 and they called upto 1207 for processing. Keep in mind that class had people from the promotional exam as well.

January 2009 from what I read will have no one from the promotional exam. If you factor in people that defered the July 2008 class for the Jan 2009 there are also people that will defer the Jan 2009 class for the July 2009 class. So it is realistic that they could reach list #'s in the 1700's and possibly higher for this class IMO.

Forum Member

Default deferals

Does anyone have any idea how many people are deferring per class. For example, 886 is how far they are up to now and the class has roughly 300. So 586 either failed some portion of the testing, declined all together, or deferred to a later date? Any ideas on how many deferred are will defer in the future?

Forum Member

[QUOTE=FDNY36XX;997006]Hey FDNYFREAK it's kind of hard to get an answer here cause the guys that are called are excited and trying to get there own answers to a lot more questions than just you and I have.

I'm new to but a have a few friends on the job. Guys like you and I are a little later on the list i'm in the 3600's. But i spoke to someone at the recruitment center and they said for the first call which was in august they needed about 200 fireman and ened up callin up to number 845 on the list (not including promotions) so now they're calling up to 2112 on the list to get a possible 300 guys (due to guys not answering, putting the test off, or just not passing the physical)

they may be calling guys in the 2000's to start the process but doesnt mean they will be called for the next class

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    yea I was told we should be hearing something about the run in about a month. Usmc what # are you around?
    Im sitting at mid 1300s. How about yourself?

Gentlemen, I would do everything in my power to make sure your run time is under 12min. I would try to shoot for under 11min. Dont forget its going to be cold and your lungs will freeze.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Academy

To all who are worrying about the run and remedial here is the deal.

To get into the academy you need to run 1.5miles in 13min dont worry about the remedial stuff it does not come into play until you are in the academy.

Once you pass the run and start the academy you do a PT test. This consists of running the 1.5 miles again. If you take more than 13 min they say they will ship you off to Metrotech but that did not happen this class (for a few reasons) not sure what they will do for next class.
    You need to try and run under 12 min to keep you out of the spotlight.
    You need to do 30 push ups in 1 min at a 2 sec count. They say down and you do one, 2 sec later they say down, ect.
    You need to do 4 pulls ups and 30-38 sit ups ( not sure the number of sit ups).
    If you don't meet any of these requirements you are put in a data base and looked at very heavily.
    They set up optional remedial that I would say is not so optional if you want to show you want to be there.

Get in shape now you have over two months, its not easy. PT is only one aspect of of the day. After each PT session you need to still function though out the day. It wears on your body and if you are in poor shape going in it will show in all that you do.

BE PREPARED!!
    GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Default To MIKE133130 or ANYONE THAT CAN HELP

they may be calling guys in the 2000's to start the process but doesnt mean they will be called for the next class[/QUOTE]

The guys in 2000's that they are calling to start the process, does that mean they are just now getting their investigators and packets or what? And if so when do you think they'll get called into the academy? And lastly do think you can give me an estimate of what month and year i'll start the process (36XX) or are they not going to go up this high on the list? (your best opinion) Thanks Bro

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post

Get in shape now you have over two months, its not easy. PT is only one aspect of of the day. After each PT session you need to still function though out the day. It wears on your body and if you are in poor shape going in it will show in all that you do.

BE PREPARED!!
    GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
    PT can either be a nice break in your schedule, or it can be the pinnacle of a real f---ed up experience every single day.

The other option is being regularly victimized by "Inspirational" Pete's Punishing Plethora of Pain Presented by his Pushup Pyramid.

Its up to you.

Forum Member

[/QUOTE]The other option is being regularly victimized by "Inspirational" Pete's Punishing Plethora of Pain Presented by his Pushup Pyramid.

Its up to you.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to find out what this is.
    good luck everybody.
    stay safe.
    stay smart.
    stay in shape.

Forum Member

Its not really that exciting, just a lot of pushups that I gave a goofy name to.

Forum Member

Default FDNY contract

FDNY got their raise. Same as the NYPD. Top pay will be about $76K. 3.5% retroactive raise and an 8% (2-year deal) raise through 2010. Following 2010 future longevity pay will increase as salary increases.

NYC Firefighters Win 3.5 Percent Retroactive Wage Increases Dating Back to 2006 & 8.16 Percent Increase for 2008-2010 Contract Cycles
    The Executive Board of the Uniformed Firefighters Association today announced that it has reached an agreement with the City of New York giving New York City Firefighters a 3.5 percent retroactive wage increase dating back to July 2006, as well as an 8.16 percent increase in base wages with additional monies for discretionary spending for the current 2008-2010 contract cycle.

"We are pleased to have gained not only an 8.16 percent raise for New York City Firefighters, but also 3.5 percent retroactive raise dating back to 2006," stated Steve Cassidy, UFA President. "This agreement better compensates firefighters for the dangerous and difficult job they do for all New Yorkers. Although the city could never afford to pay firefighters what they truly deserve, this is another step in the right direction."
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 10-16-2008 at 02:20 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Not yet.
    It still has to go to delegate vote (next week) and then rank and file (~4 weeks).

I'm not going to air any particulars about it. For one, I don't really know any and second, there are other resources for that.
    Last edited by ffbam24; 10-16-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Forum Member

Hey guys hope everyone is staying in great shape. I'm out of commission this week, had PRK and it's been kickin my *** the past couple days, but I needed it for the job.

Anyone hear anything for the pysch yet? I haven't been hearing anything, I'm 1700's and this is the last stop for me before the run.

The raise is good news, but I will take the job at any rate right now, can worry about the $ once I get on.

Thread Information