Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnyjan09 View Post
    Hey guys hope everyone is staying in great shape. I'm out of commission this week, had PRK and it's been kickin my *** the past couple days, but I needed it for the job.

Anyone hear anything for the pysch yet? I haven't been hearing anything, I'm 1700's and this is the last stop for me before the run.

The raise is good news, but I will take the job at any rate right now, can worry about the $ once I get on.
    I'm in the same list # range. Haven't heard anything yet for the psych.

Forum Member

Default Running in Cold Weather

Since it's a crisp fall morning, I thought I'd throw this out there for anyone who wasn't a year round runner before now.

Personally, I think that running in cold weather is much harder than running in warm weather, and for those of use that will (hopefully) be in the academy in Jan., it's SUPER important to be running between now and then.

The trick is keeping yourself warm without getting hot so you don't start sweating too much. I usually wear 2 pairs of socks, shorts, a long sleeve under armour turtleneck, a long sleeve t-shirt over that, a knit cap and gloves (the cheap knit ones generally do fine).

For me the essentials are the knit hat and the under armour, I've found that so long as I keep my ears warm, and my core warm, the rest of me generally is pretty comfortable.

Everyone is different so use the next couple months to figure out what works for you because the 1.5 mile run is not the time to be experimenting with what will keep you warm and running below 12 minutes

Hopefully this helps out at least one guy.

Forum Member

For the guys wondering where they've gotten up to with the psych, i took it this morning and had one of the higher list numbers of everyone i talked to, list #172x, this was the last step for me, but i'm not expecting the Jan class.
    Good luck to everyone

Forum Member

Question

I am a bit confused on how the run works. Now if i pass the run does that mean i'm in the academy automaticly or do i have to pass the run and then hope i get called for the hire? Im not sure how it works. Can anyone help me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Run

If you get called for the run and pass you are in the academy. It will all be spelled out to you in the letter you get regarding the run date and time. Read it carefully and it will explain what is going to happen.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

ANT195 thank you for clearing that up for me.

Default Mike13310

Mike13310
    they may be calling guys in the 2000's to start the process but doesnt mean they will be called for the next class[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. how long after you get called/ investigator, do you start to plan being in the academy? Me and a few other guys on here are in the 3600 range, any idea of when we can expect to be called? At least that way we can plan the upcoming year a little. Thanks Bro.

Forum Member

Hey, guys. I just got off the phone with my investigator and he said we should be getting our letters for the run in the third week of November. The run itself will be on the first Saturday of December, which is Dec. 6th. If we pass the run, we should be going in for our paperwork around Dec. 15th. The time's almost upon us, so let's hang in there!
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Hey, guys. I just got off the phone with my investigator and he said we should be getting our letters for the run in the third week of November. The run itself will be on the first Saturday of December, which is Dec. 6th. If we pass the run, we should be going in for our paperwork around Dec. 15th. The time's almost upon us, so let's hang in there!
    thanks for the info, i am counting the days...

Forum Member

Thats good news. Its very exciting, but you know that time from now util then is going to take forever.

Forum Member

just some advice from my experiences. I've been doing the running plan that they give you at the medical office and I've really seen a big difference. It's a 25 day plan I've been doing 2 days at a time and then a day of cardio at the gym. I was just wondering if any one else was doing it and throw my suggestion for the people who arent

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY36XX View Post
    Mike13310
    they may be calling guys in the 2000's to start the process but doesnt mean they will be called for the next class
    Oh ok. how long after you get called/ investigator, do you start to plan being in the academy? Me and a few other guys on here are in the 3600 range, any idea of when we can expect to be called? At least that way we can plan the upcoming year a little. Thanks Bro.[/QUOTE]

in my opinion i definitely think you will get called just a matter of how long it takes. i would say june2010, just a guess we should know better after the january class goes in...as for your investigator question i cant tell you i didn't start the process myself yet

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    just some advice from my experiences. I've been doing the running plan that they give you at the medical office and I've really seen a big difference. It's a 25 day plan I've been doing 2 days at a time and then a day of cardio at the gym. I was just wondering if any one else was doing it and throw my suggestion for the people who arent
    I just recieved that running program from a friend of mine who is doing some training at the Rock. I'm going to start it tomorrow. I'm am making the run under 12 but i want to get it down to under 10.

Forum Member

Can any of you guys briefly describe the running plan you are talking about. Is it one day long, one day interval? thanks

Forum Member

Hey Guys, goodmorning. Two questions:

1. I am in the 1400s. Does anyone out there feel that the 1400s range will be heading into the academy this January. I have been through all my tests, etc and finished/passed everything but the run which I am training for and should do fine. Anyone have word on what number they are going to actually call to report to the Rock rather than what numbers they are calling in general to go through the hiring process?

2. Would anyone who has the training sheet for the run please post it. I saved all my paperwork but can't seem to locate that sheet.

I appreciate anyones help. Thanks guys, have a great day!
    List 14XX

Forum Member

I know this may be beating a dead horse here, but: ballooning city budget deficit, bloomberg,financial mess, all agencies ordered to cut spending. What do ya think this means for us who haven't even got a packet yet? Hopefully maybe just not as much cpat prep at the very WORST. Not trying to be to pessimistic here, I know that doesn't help anybody. But its hard to ignore with all the talk everday bout the economy, plus this long wait. Any thoughts...

24xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shanahan14 View Post
    Can any of you guys briefly describe the running plan you are talking about. Is it one day long, one day interval? thanks
    Since you and a few others have asked for it and I'm bored at work here it goes
    i used the abbreviations to cut down on typing but there explained at the bottom so anything in parenthesis is explained

DAY 1: 40-50 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 2: 15 min warm up, 4-6 1/4 mi hill (REPEATS)
    DAY 3: 30 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 4: 15 min warm up, 3*.25 mi, 3*.12mi, 2*100 yard, 2*50 yard, 10 min cool down -all on flat ground
    DAY 5: 30 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 6: 50 min (EP)
    DAY 7: 30 min (EP), calisthenics after run
    DAY 8: 15 min warm up, 3*.25 mi, 3*.12mi, 2*100 yard, 2*50 yard, 10 min cool down -all on hills
    DAY 9: 30 min (EP), calisthenics after run
    DAY 10: 10 min (EP), 25 min (T), 5 min cool down
    DAY 11: 40-50 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 12: 15 (EP), 4-6 .25mi hill (REPEATS), 10 min cool down
    DAY 13: 30 min (EP), calisthenics after run
    DAY 14: 20 min (EP), (REPEATS)3*.25 mi, 3*.12mi, 2*100 yard, 2*50 yard, 10 min cool down -
    DAY 15: 35 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 16: 55 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 17: 35 min (EP)
    DAY 18: 15 min (EP), (REPEATS) 5-7*.25 mi hills, 1*.12 mi hill, 2*100 yd hill, 10 min cool down
    DAY 19:35 min (EP), calisthenics after run
    DAY 20: 10 min (EP), 30 min (T), 5 min cool down
    DAY 21: 40-50 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 22: 15 min (EP), (REPEATS) 4*.25mi hill, 3*.12mi hills, 10 min (EP)
    DAY 23:35 min (EP), calisthenics after run
    DAY 24: 45-55 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 25: 20 min (EP), 20 min (T), 10 min (EP)

(EP)- easy pace runs, running at a pace that you could carrry on a conversation
    3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)- sets of push ups, dips, crunches, pull ups (Note i left out sometimes they say incline, flat, and decline but I try to do them all depending how I fell so use as you like)
    (REPEATS)- intervals run at a fast pace and completed within a few seconds of each other. You should try to run the last one as fast as the first.
    (Calisthenics)-anything of your choice but do them after running.
    (T)- Tempo run, these are run at a pace that is slightly uncomfortable.
    Last edited by matty21; 10-22-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I know this may be beating a dead horse here, but: ballooning city budget deficit, bloomberg,financial mess, all agencies ordered to cut spending. What do ya think this means for us who haven't even got a packet yet? Hopefully maybe just not as much cpat prep at the very WORST. Not trying to be to pessimistic here, I know that doesn't help anybody. But its hard to ignore with all the talk everday bout the economy, plus this long wait. Any thoughts...

24xx
    i hear you bro the wait is killer, i really dont know what the outcome of the economy will be but hopefully everything will work out. these issues are 100%out of our hands its up to the politicians....pretty scary thought. iam hoping with ya iam 26##

Forum Member

Default fdny

what is the highest list # that has gotten a packet to begin processing?

Forum Member

Hey guys,

So I am list # between 1400-1450. I know there is a lot of speculation as far as what number is actually going to get called for the January class. Does anyone have any more concrete info to as high they are going to go for January? It seems they are in the 2000+ now for processing but I don't think they are actually going to get that high for January. Would I be correct in saying that? Thanks for any help.
    List 14XX

Forum Member

Matty21- thanks for typing all of that up. I must have missed that paper. You are doing 2 days at a time like 1 in the morning and 1 at night and then the 2nd day regular cardio? thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    what is the highest list # that has gotten a packet to begin processing?
    The last group to go in (late august) got up to around 2150/2200

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jremNY View Post
    The last group to go in (late august) got up to around 2150/2200
    Does anyone have a more solid idea of what number will make it into the academy for the January class? Low 1400's here and it seems that that are into the low 2000's for the packet. Completed all my tested and passed and now just waiting for the run. My investigator said run letters are going out mid November. Trying to gauge the timeframe and hope to make it into this coming class (like everyone else) so I don't have to worry about the damn cutbacks. Thanks guys.
    List 14XX

Forum Member

Does anyone know what list #s are going to be called for this January 09 Class?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    Does anyone know what list #s are going to be called for this January 09 Class?
    Won't really know until people are called for the run and ultimately when they find their letters in their christmas stockings.

Thread Information