Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 618 FirstFirst ... 468693949596979899106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

The tunnel to towers run is coming up ladies and gentlemen. Really good run from what I've been told and for a really good cause. I signed up with my girlfriend and am looking forward to it. I think its something like $40 a pop. You can read about it and sign up at www.tunneltotowers.org. This post is especially for everyone, like myself, who haven't even recieved a packet yet and goes running most days anyway. Hope to see ya there...

list #24xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    johnnyboy quick question. i want to have all my stuff together when my packet comes, iam list 26##. Should i go to ss office asap or is there like an experiation? also coincedently 2003-2007 was the exact years of my enlistment. Should i contact the VA hall of records instead?
    Im in the Marine Corps. I believe your military pay should show up on your earning statement.

Forum Member

Hey Johnnyboy and Cuzzzz....

Thank you guys so much for the tips. I am gonna go to my local SS office tommaro and get the report directly from them. You guys are the best. By you guys helping me out, it makes me want to help out other ppl more once i move along further in this process!

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    Im in the Marine Corps. I believe your military pay should show up on your earning statement.
    Myles8683 and FDNYUSMC,

Do not give anything other than the Social Security detailed earnings statement. It shows how much you made and verifies your employment for the time in question.

Any military time will show on your statement, because while collecting your paycheck, deductions were made for taxes, medicare and SOCIAL SECURITY... Hope this cleared any of your questions.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Default 1.5 mile run

list number 89* here. im all set up to go in for jan '09. on the mile and a a half run are there markers that tell you how far along you are or do you just wing it and look for the finish line?

Forum Member

can someone post the full article/list either on this site or their personal one?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    218 Qualify: Firefighter Promotion List

The Department of Citywide Administrative Services has established a 218-name promotion roster for Firefighter, based on Exam 6506 in January 2007.

21,161 Eligibles: Firefighter Roster Issued

The Department of Citywide Administrative Services has established a 21,161- name list for Firefighter based on Exam 6019, which was held in January 2007. Some list numbers are missing because of late adjustments due to changes in status.

**I got this information from: http://www.thechiefleader.com/Current/Exam/

In order to read more, you have to subscribe to the chief. I am not currently a subscriber, so this is all the information I could get. I just thought to share this with you guys.
    Sh*t List 6019 - 68xx's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Myles8683 and FDNYUSMC,

Do not give anything other than the Social Security detailed earnings statement. It shows how much you made and verifies your employment for the time in question.

Any military time will show on your statement, because while collecting your paycheck, deductions were made for taxes, medicare and SOCIAL SECURITY... Hope this cleared any of your questions.
    thanks for all the info

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SurferP View Post
    can someone post the full article/list either on this site or their personal one?
    its pretty long your better off just picking up a copy I dont think any one wants to post 21000 names

MembersZone Subscriber

As roadrunner suggested, this is an excellent run.

If you can make it, its definitely something you should do.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    The tunnel to towers run is coming up ladies and gentlemen. Really good run from what I've been told and for a really good cause. I signed up with my girlfriend and am looking forward to it. I think its something like $40 a pop. You can read about it and sign up at www.tunneltotowers.org. This post is especially for everyone, like myself, who haven't even recieved a packet yet and goes running most days anyway. Hope to see ya there...

list #24xx

MembersZone Subscriber

Pick up a copy or sign up online.

You can also wait 4 weeks for it to be available in its entirety. I mean, do you really need to read all 21000 names today?!

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    its pretty long your better off just picking up a copy I dont think any one wants to post 21000 names
    Last edited by jremNY; 08-21-2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: bad spelling day

Default Test Number

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had an approximate idea on how far down list 6019 theyíve got so far? Also if anyone would have an idea about how far they might get to before this list expires? Thanks for any help.

Forum Member

They got up to 886 for the first class off of 6019, however there was emt promotionals off a different list as well added in, so they could have went through 1000 names give or take for the first class. Next class there could be a lot of ppl that differed the first class going in also.

assuming if they keep it at 6 month proby school with 315 a class, twice a year. There could be 7 more classes. The list is good for 4 years. Depending on retirements, budget cuts, firehouse closings or reopenings, union issues 5 man engines, etc this can all change, however with all the diversity this new list brings and with the way the dept has been promoting it to the media I dont see it slowing down for a while

Forum Member

whats up guys...quick question for anyone who went through the investigation....does anyone know how they react to having a few moving violations and a suspended license? this was like 4 years ago and everything is cleared up. Just wondering, any answers would help out my mental status ...thanks guys
    list # 20xx

Forum Member

Default NYPD 17% hike

Hey guys I wonder what this means for FDNY... These guy got a pretty good contract this time around...

Forum Member

Default vision question

i have uncorrected vision of 20/40 right, 20/30 left & 20/20 corrected with glasses....is that good enough to pass the medical?

Forum Member

What's up, fellas. Two guys I know took the medical this morning. They're in really good shape, but they both failed the heartrate test. They told me that out of 15 guys there, only 3-4 passed the stepmill. Also, out of 20 some odd people scheduled for this morning, only 15 showed up. For those of you taking the test next week (mine's on the 29th), let's keep our cardio up!

P.S. Frank, I read somewhere that the requirement is 20/40 and better. I believe you should be good for the vision test. If not, you'll have 30 days to get them corrected. Only way to find out for sure is at the medical. Only thing you can do right now, I think, is to keep your cardio up. Let's do our best!
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

I didnt think too many people fail the medical. that's upsetting. well if we fail we have one month to get it right.

Hey gettingready,

i have a Marine buddy of mine on the job right now, and he had a few things on his record. He didnt think he was going to get hired. FDNY kept him on probation for an extra year. But i would think they do it on a case by case.
    Last edited by FDNYUSMC; 08-22-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Forum Member

Default preparing for the medical

the best thing to do is buy a weight vest and a heart rate monitor. expensive yes but if you are committed to getting this job it shouldnt be an issue. then find a gym that has a STEPMILL, diff from a stairmaster and replicate the test. if you are over the heart limit there then you will definately be over when you do the medical. if you are over just add more weight and increase the step count. also there is a percent of your heart rate max, ie, a heart rate zone, that is best for excercising in that will also lower your resting heart rate quickest and make your heart more efficient. just cant remember what that zone is. i think its 70 to 80% but not sure. im sure you can do a whizbang google search to find out for sure

fdnyusmc what did your buddy have on is record?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    the best thing to do is buy a weight vest and a heart rate monitor. expensive yes but if you are committed to getting this job it shouldnt be an issue. then find a gym that has a STEPMILL, diff from a stairmaster and replicate the test. if you are over the heart limit there then you will definately be over when you do the medical. if you are over just add more weight and increase the step count.

when i took it i was training with a heavier weight for a longer time, and i was around the low 150's after 10 minutes straight or so. My max rate was 176 for the test and i finished up at 175, its amazing how nerves will F you up.

Forum Member

He had a few criminal summons, but im not sure to what extent. He didnt go into great detail, he just said he had a few things from when he was yonger and they extended his probation.

Thread Information