Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 618 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Any other med dates yet? Haven't heard anyone over 1300's saying they have a date, I'm sitting 1700's and waiting for med and physc.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnyjan09 View Post
    Any other med dates yet? Haven't heard anyone over 1300's saying they have a date, I'm sitting 1700's and waiting for med and physc.
    Hey Jan09, mine's next Friday, 8/29.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Lightbulb NYPDstrong

Wonder how many of those trying to go to fire will turn it down to go over to PD instead besides myself. 44k to start , 76k base after 5 yrs , 92k!! with all additional pay as of last night. FDNY can't touch that

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by exam6019 View Post
    Wonder how many of those trying to go to fire will turn it down to go over to PD instead besides myself. 44k to start , 76k base after 5 yrs , 92k!! with all additional pay as of last night. FDNY can't touch that
    There is a parity relationship with FDNY and NYPD. Be assured, the pay is going to be the same. It has been for over 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    FDNY has and always will be the better job. You never hear about guys crossing over from FD to PD, it is always the other way around. When we took this test, most of us knew we would never be rich and probably have to work a second job. It is still miles ahead of the PD job. Also, as Calm stated the two jobs have a history of parity with contracts. It is just a matter of time before FD adopts something similar.

Just to piggy back on what Calm and Hopefully09 said, there is a history of pay parity between both (NYPD & FDNY) agencies. People also have to look at the current FDNY contract, which expired 8/01/08. The NYPD does have a better pay now as a result of the new contract, but that contact goes from 2006 to 2010.

This means that when new contract negotiations go into effect for the FDNY to cover the 2008 to 2010 period, we will be at THE SAME or a HIGHER pay level compared to NYPD.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

There is an automatic re-opener clause that was exercised in the FDNY contract as soon as the NYPD signed their contract. FDNY will do better than the PD as has always happened.

That said, if the dollars and cents are what matter to you most, go to the PD. There is more to being a a member of the greatest fire department on the face of the planet than the numbers on the paycheck.
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny2b View Post
    There is an [automatic] re-opener clause that was exercised in the FDNY contract as soon as the NYPD signed their contract. FDNY will do [better] than the PD as has always happened.

It's not automatic and it's the same, not better.

Forum Member

There is going to be a few that do that, But the joke is on them. When FD goes in for a new contract, they will get something very simialar. It's called parttern bargaining.

Forum Member

Thumbs down oops i sounded like an *** in my last quote

I'm going to try to go to PD now at least to get my 20 and out time started." If" I get called for fire I will definitely lateral over. That's what I meant in my quote eariler. Sorry, that quote didn't come out right. I unlike a lot of you , am sitting in 39xx. Most of you are going in the academy in a year or so,and have no worries, and with all this talk I'm hearing from a lot of members on smaller academy clases to come , I'm not certain if my list # will be reached anymore and I will be to old to take the next fire exam. So I need to start a career in something.
    Last edited by exam6019; 08-24-2008 at 09:33 AM.

Forum Member

Lightbulb My OpInIoN oN 6019

I think you guys are crazy if you dont think this list will reach atleast 5000...the fdny spent way too much time and money on their recruitment push..besides they have way too many critics right now can you imagine they dont hire as many ff's as they have on other lists with all the minorities that took and passed this test..than again just my opinion

Forum Member

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=mike13310;981243]I think you guys are crazy if you dont think this list will reach atleast 5000...the fdny spent way too much time and money on their recruitment push..besides they have way too many critics right now can you imagine they dont hire as many ff's as they have on other lists with all the minorities that took and passed this test..than again just my opinion. ]

I agree with you 100% however the FDNY is really overstaffed so why would they hire as many firefighters as in the past. Clam is definitely right when he said there probably won't be 300 classes in the future. Attriton rate for 08 has been extremely minimal. I feel after jan class that the 6 future classes will be 200. I hope though I'm wrong

Forum Member

i know what your saying but i just dont think we'll see the smaller class size i think its the future lists that will be in trouble with majority of fdny under 10yrs...guess well have to wait and see

Forum Member

My source, 25 years on the job, Battalion Chief, recently retired with GREAT connects in the department says that every test people always say that the FDNY isn't going to hire or that they're going to have a hiring freeze. it's all just speculation. People leave the FD all the time for various reasons, many with under 20 years. Relocation, more money in their side jobs, family emergencies, etc. He says classes will be about 300 strong twice a year for the duration of this list. The real question is how many people will they have to go through to get those 300 every class. I hope it's a lot. I'm sitting 6800's.
    Sh*t List 6019 - 68xx's

Forum Member

ANyone else heading down to MetroTech on Tues for the interview????

Also I have never been to Metrotech...Does anyone know what subways go there from Grand Central??? Thanks Boyzzz

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    ANyone else heading down to MetroTech on Tues for the interview????

Also I have never been to Metrotech...Does anyone know what subways go there from Grand Central??? Thanks Boyzzz
    Hey, Bow. Take the F train to Jay St. The building is like a 2-3 minute walk from the station and there are a lot of FDNY guys in the area, so just ask around and they'll direct you to the spot.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Exclamation Fyi

To Bowhunter and the rest of you going in for the "interview,"

I have a list of MAKE SURE's for you. Hope it helps. Here it goes:

1. Make sure you bring the letter you received in the mail, which states the time and date of your interview.
    2. Make sure you SHAVE.
    3. Make sure your questionaire is notarized.
    4. Make sure you have copies of EVERYTHING you turn in.
    5. Make sure you get there early.
    6. Make sure you go in the auditorium and sit on the left hand side, by the windows. They start calling from that side first.
    7. Make sure you keep the noise to a minimum. Don't be that guy that's loud and obnoxious.

**Good luck all and keep us posted.
    Last edited by Cuzzz2259; 08-25-2008 at 08:19 AM.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

8. Do not chew gum inside the auditorium.

Forum Member

I'm going to try to go to PD now at least to get my 20 and out time started." If" I get called for fire I will definitely lateral over. That's what I meant in my quote eariler. Sorry, that quote didn't come out right. I unlike a lot of you , am sitting in 39xx. Most of you are going in the academy in a year or so,and have no worries, and with all this talk I'm hearing from a lot of members on smaller academy clases to come , I'm not certain if my list # will be reached anymore and I will be to old to take the next fire exam. So I need to start a career in something.
    If you start with pd your time will count on the back end once you transfer over to FDNY. For example if you do 3 yrs pd then transfer you have to do 20 with fdny and retire with 23 yrs. Also your pay does not transfer over.

Forum Member

I go in Wednesday for the "interview."

Forum Member

Default Prior allowable up-front service for FDNY

PD and DSNY (sanitation time) both carry over to the FDNY as allowable UP-FRONTservice. You have to do the remainder of the 20 years when transfering to FDNY. Your pay however does not transfer over and you have to begin at bottom pay no matter where you come from. I asked them about this at Metrotech and here is more proof...

http://www.ufoa.org/spec_messages/servicecredit.html
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 08-25-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Thread Information