Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Here is the run: 1.55 mi so pretty close. And thats a elevation profile at the bottom.
    Here is a link: http://www.mapmyride.com/run/united-...k/864723183102
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

EXAM6019-I've heard from very reliable source from metrotech , jan class is filled and whoever has completed all steps in the process at this present time except the run has a good chance of being in next class. If those who haven't finished all steps like psy etc.will probably be the candidates for summer 09 class
    Today 08:25 PM

To add to this rumor, I recieved a letter from my investigator over the weekend saying that canidates within my list number are being considered for appointment. i'm in the mid 1300's.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info exam6019, that's what I had been getting the feeling about being they weren't giving people around my # psychs, kinda sucks but I think I'm getting used to the waiting. It's just hard to stay focused on training when you keep wondering if it will happen and when.

The run is a nice run, we actually ran it in my physical prep course. Slightly uphill on the way up and slightly down on the way back. Right next to the water, got some nice views. Just keep running and stay in front of the instructor who is running the 12:00 min pace.

If you can get out there and run it before you go up for the run and time yourself.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Run

You do the run in sections. They put like 100 or so though at a time. You sit in the auditorium till it is your turn to run. tcfdDan posted a pretty accurate run map. Granted they use the same course that will be it in a nut shell. Very little up hill in the middle of the run and mostly flat. The first half is on a gravel path and the second half is on a paved road. Just stay in front of the pace instructor and you will pass.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    EXAM6019-I've heard from very reliable source from metrotech , jan class is filled and whoever has completed all steps in the process at this present time except the run has a good chance of being in next class. If those who haven't finished all steps like psy etc.will probably be the candidates for summer 09 class
    Today 08:25 PM

To add to this rumor, I recieved a letter from my investigator over the weekend saying that canidates within my list number are being considered for appointment. i'm in the mid 1300's.
    USMC, What was the purpose of the letter you received? Was it just to give you a heads up? Any other info in that letter?

Anybody who's list number is past 1450 take the psych yet? I'm just curious as to how far down the list they went with psychs.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    USMC, What was the purpose of the letter you received? Was it just to give you a heads up? Any other info in that letter?

Anybody who's list number is past 1450 take the psych yet? I'm just curious as to how far down the list they went with psychs.
    Medical never sent my paper work to my investigator, so my invesigator was under the impression that i havent taken my medical. So she sent me a letter stating pretty much saying if i want to get hired for the Jan. 09 class that i have to finish my medical. But i alreay took it and passed.

Forum Member

Medical never sent my paper work to my investigator, so my invesigator was under the impression that i havent taken my medical. So she sent me a letter stating pretty much saying if i want to get hired for the Jan. 09 class that i have to finish my medical. But i alreay took it and passed.
    Oh ok so I don't think i should be expecting a letter like that. Thanks for the reply and good luck. I will post any more info I get but so far I have nothing. Im still wondering how far they sent psych letters down the list tho.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Oh ok so I don't think i should be expecting a letter like that. Thanks for the reply and good luck. I will post any more info I get but so far I have nothing. Im still wondering how far they sent psych letters down the list tho.
    Still trying to get my reply posted...I went in for the last psych test, 1720's...

Forum Member

Lightbulb

I've heard they got up to 1500s for the psych I know of somone with list# 157x as of last week who hasn't had the psych let. Safe bet that they stopped in the low 1500s since they have enough now for jan class.
    Last edited by exam6019; 10-28-2008 at 07:22 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tcfdDan View Post
    Here is the run: 1.55 mi so pretty close. And thats a elevation profile at the bottom.
    Here is a link: http://www.mapmyride.com/run/united-...k/864723183102
    Thanks for the run map outline. Thats pretty cool. Is it accessible to the public?, or does it begin inside the academy??

I would like to go check it out.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Thanks for the run map outline. Thats pretty cool. Is it accessible to the public?, or does it begin inside the academy??

I would like to go check it out.
    you can change the map to a satellite view and it makes it a little clearer.. looks like its just a path that runs along the island

Forum Member

It's across the street from the front gate for the academy, on the left side of the stadium. Just start from the curb and follow the path, when you reach the end you turn around at the pole and run back the same way you came.

It's open to anyone, that's why I was saying you should go up and run it if you can. If you're running less than 12:00 min mile and half already than don't worry about it, it's a nice run and you'll do fine. The incline is very slight right before you turn around, it's mostly flat.

Looks like that map might be a little longer than the actual run too because you actually double back, it's not 1.5 one way.
    Last edited by fdnyjan09; 10-28-2008 at 11:04 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Run

That map is a round trip route its not 1.5 miles one way it is showing you out and back which totals to 1.55 miles. It is tough to set the exact distance on the computer because there are no roads and you have to piece it together.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Default ????

Does anybody know when they are going to send out more info to the guys in the 2000's. Im sitting 29xx and im getting anxious.Thanks guys

Forum Member

Default Run

Is the run to that bridge and back, like on the map, a straight run to the bridge,or is it from the tree and back like what was done at the cpat training?
    I'm a little confused. thank you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shanahan14 View Post
    Is the run to that bridge and back, like on the map, a straight run to the bridge,or is it from the tree and back like what was done at the cpat training?
    I'm a little confused. thank you
    Thanks guys, you know who you are, for posting information about the run. I will definitely go check it out. The run is ALL I think about lately. It's so close, but not close enough. I want to complete it and know that Jan 09 is locked in for sure.

Someone mentioned something about letters for the run going out in November. As soon as any of you receives it, let us know. I will be watching my mailbox like a hawk for the next couple of weeks.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by exam6019 View Post
    I've heard they got up to 1500s for the psych I know of somone with list# 157x as of last week who hasn't had the psych let. Safe bet that they stopped in the low 1500s since they have enough now for jan class.
    Hey guys, I spoke with my investigator yesterday. He said the letters are going out middle of November for the run. Tentative date for the run is Sat Dec 6th and the paperwork if you pass is December 15th. I asked him about the chances of my number being called for the class (i'm number between 1400-1450) and he said it looks good for the january class. Don't know how much higher they are gonna go though. Me might have just made it. Hope this helps a little.
    List 14XX

Forum Member

Hey cuzz If you want up meet up. Ill run the course with you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Run

The map is pretty accurate, go on the site and check it out. You start off in the large lot to the left of Iccian(sp) stadium. You run across the wooden bridge toward the hospital take a right after the bridge and follow path and go on the gravel path when it comes up. Follow the gravel path it will end at the start of the foot bridge, go around the tree and head back on the paved path. Finish in under 12 and you are golden. Good Luck

Forum Member

Default run

Id love to do a practice run with you fellas. Think we could get a bunch of guys from the list out there just to meet up and do it? Post a time and ill see if i can be there.

Best,
    114X.

Forum Member

Hey cuzz If you want up meet up. Ill run the course with you.
    Yes, sure.. That would be cool. I live in Queens. Where do you live?
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

29xx any guess when im going to hear anything???????????????????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by aal2016 View Post
    Id love to do a practice run with you fellas. Think we could get a bunch of guys from the list out there just to meet up and do it? Post a time and ill see if i can be there.

Best,
    114X.
    Id be interested as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by exam6019 View Post
    Just herd from a guy I know who's # is 151x and he says he took the psych same day as I did. That's the highest number I know of to take a psych.

Forum Member

I live in queens also. I'm not able to run this weekend, I have drill schedualed. But the following sat-sun. Im avalible.

Thread Information