Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Default question about the exam

i know the next exam is more then likely scheduled for ~2011. theoretically if i scored a 100, and recieved no points for residency/military, where would you think id be laying? id lke to say 1000? but im just wondering. this has become my goal, like many of you. i hope to see you guys someday!

Forum Member

Thanks again ant195 for clearing that up

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Just herd from a guy I know who's # is 151x and he says he took the psych same day as I did. That's the highest number I know of to take a psych.
    Hey i took the test the same day and i'm in the 1720's, I had the highest number of anybody I talked to

Forum Member

I'll definitely be running the course this weekend.Whoever's interested lets set up a time to meet up. It would be good to have someone else around. Its hard to push the limits on your own.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    Medical never sent my paper work to my investigator, so my invesigator was under the impression that i havent taken my medical. So she sent me a letter stating pretty much saying if i want to get hired for the Jan. 09 class that i have to finish my medical. But i alreay took it and passed.
    I just got the same thing in the mail, and for the same reason, medical never sent my paperwork over. List# 1720's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    I'll definitely be running the course this weekend.Whoever's interested lets set up a time to meet up. It would be good to have someone else around. Its hard to push the limits on your own.
    Sounds good.. I definitely want to run this course. I have some things to take care of on Saturday afternoon, but earlier in the morning through 2 PM is good. Sunday is no good at all.

This is for FDNYUSMC.. If you have drill this weekend, don't sweat it. We can run some other time. Next weekend I am working until 4 PM both days and I have Drill the following weekend.. We'll work something out.

Anyone else willing to meet, what are your schedules like?
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Sounds good.. I definitely want to run this course. I have some things to take care of on Saturday afternoon, but earlier in the morning through 2 PM is good. Sunday is no good at all.

This is for FDNYUSMC.. If you have drill this weekend, don't sweat it. We can run some other time. Next weekend I am working until 4 PM both days and I have Drill the following weekend.. We'll work something out.

sitting 29xx any clue when i will hear something

Forum Member

I'm free all morning as well at this point...

Forum Member

i think i can make this sat 2pm sounds good

Forum Member

sffdnyhopeful09, if you don't mind me asking what list number are you approximately? I'm just trying to gauge where I stand at list rank among the people on the forum who are going for the Jan class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    you can change the map to a satellite view and it makes it a little clearer.. looks like its just a path that runs along the island
    we better make sure because if its on fdny property count me out we should all be trying to stay outta trouble we are not even in there yet lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    sffdnyhopeful09, if you don't mind me asking what list number are you approximately? I'm just trying to gauge where I stand at list rank among the people on the forum who are going for the Jan class.
    I'm in the low 11xx's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    I'm free all morning as well at this point...
    sffdnyhopeful09 and others interested in meeting up on Saturday, how does 11 AM sound? I figured it would give you guys time to sleep in if you're doing anything on Halloween (Friday night). If anyone has a time conflict, we can change it up. Of course, I am just proposing a time. Majority will determine the final meeting time..

If running, chime in with your thoughts.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Default still waiting

any new info on when they are going to call more guys. Im sitting 29xx and cant take the wait anymore. I want this job more anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Default FDNY list

About how many EMS promos are going into the JAN 2009 class?

The highest list number to get hired for the JULY 2008 class was 886 and that class had approx 87 individuals out of 315 that were hired from the promotional exam.

So that means to get 228 applicants they went through 886 names on the list. That ratio is 1 in 3.89.

If the Jan 2009 class has very few from the promotional exam they may get to approx list #2000 for the Jan class.
    steven9d3 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    About how many EMS promos are going into the JAN 2009 class?

The highest list number to get hired for the JULY 2008 class was 886 and that class had approx 87 individuals out of 315 that were hired from the promotional exam.

So that means to get 228 applicants they went through 886 names on the list. That ratio is 1 in 3.89.

If the Jan 2009 class has very few from the promotional exam they may get to approx list #2000 for the Jan class.
    Not necessarily. keep in mind all the deferrals from July, that will now accept appointment in Jan. Very unlikely that they will go past 1700's. (This is just my opinion).
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

are they even up to 2000 with all the meds and psycs and stuff?

Forum Member

sffdnyhopeful09 and others interested in meeting up on Saturday, how does 11 AM sound? I figured it would give you guys time to sleep in if you're doing anything on Halloween (Friday night). If anyone has a time conflict, we can change it up. Of course, I am just proposing a time. Majority will determine the final meeting time..

If running, chime in with your thoughts.
    I'm up for 11am. Meet in the parking lot outside the entrance to the Rock?

Forum Member

Lightbulb list#s for January

As of a reliable source, Januarys class is already filled. I would assumed they stopped at low 1500s , since that's as high as they've gotten with the psych. Its a safe bet that those in the mid to upper 1500s and so on, will probably be in the summer 09 class.
    Last edited by exam6019; 10-30-2008 at 02:10 PM.

Forum Member

That is good scoop?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default running at the ROC

dont forget that SUNDAY is Marathon day

Forum Member

Default FDny

How would you know that the jan 2009 class is already full? Also everyone has to keep in mind that just like people deferred the july 08 class there will most likely be the same amount deferring the jan 09 class. the biggest factor is how many ems promos will be going in the jan 09 class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by exam6019 View Post
    As of a reliable source, Januarys class is already filled. I would assumed they stopped at low 1500s , since that's as high as they've gotten with the psych. Its a safe bet that those in the mid to upper 1500s and so on, will probably be in the summer 09 class.
    Not necessarily, I'm in the 1720's and have passed everything. There were a lot of guys in the high 1600's and low 1700's at my psych.

Forum Member

I cannot say I know the true number of hires for the 1-09 class. I do know that 300 Binders were just ordered for the Proby Manuals and each Proby gets two books.

Calm, I know everyone says to be in the best physical shape you can possibly be in and even then it isn't enough, and that the minimum on the first day is 30 pushups, 4 pull ups, and 30-38 situps... but what would you consider to be a more realistic minimum goal to be able to do before the academy starts?
    List 6019: High 1400's

Thread Information