Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 618 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

  1. #1941
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommy1981 View Post
    If you start with pd your time will count on the back end once you transfer over to FDNY. For example if you do 3 yrs pd then transfer you have to do 20 with fdny and retire with 23 yrs. Also your pay does not transfer over.

    Wrong PD time counts up front...San-Man time counts on the back end.

    FTM-PTB


  2. #1942
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default prior service time

    WRONG.........

    They both count up-front. I asked them at metro-tech and here is what i quoted from the FDNY pension section......

    On August 28, 2007, Governor Eliot Spitzer signed into law our Prior Service bill, which will grant credit for prior service in many titles so that the prior time will now be computed towards the minimum eligibility period for service retirement.

    The effect of the law is that FDNY members will now receive full service credit as up-front time in the FDNY Retirement System for prior service in the uniformed service of a police, fire, corrections or sanitation department of the City of New York, or any agency or political subdivision or either; as a peace officer pursuant to Section 2.10 of the New York Criminal Procedure Law; as a member of the New York State Policemenís or Firemenís Retirement System; and/or in the title of sheriff, marshal, district attorney investigator or other position designated in the complete list of covered titles listed below.

  3. #1943
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    WRONG.........

    They both count up-front. I asked them at metro-tech and here is what i quoted from the FDNY pension section......

    On August 28, 2007, Governor Eliot Spitzer signed into law our Prior Service bill, which will grant credit for prior service in many titles so that the prior time will now be computed towards the minimum eligibility period for service retirement.

    The effect of the law is that FDNY members will now receive full service credit as up-front time in the FDNY Retirement System for prior service in the uniformed service of a police, fire, corrections or sanitation department of the City of New York, or any agency or political subdivision or either; as a peace officer pursuant to Section 2.10 of the New York Criminal Procedure Law; as a member of the New York State Policemenís or Firemenís Retirement System; and/or in the title of sheriff, marshal, district attorney investigator or other position designated in the complete list of covered titles listed below.
    That is news to me...thanks...I'll pass that on to a former Sanman in my house...not sure he is aware of that.

    FTM-PTB

  4. #1944
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    73

    Lightbulb time on front end

    All I know for sure , PD and sanitation is a lateral over to fire , time on the front end and FDNY ems is promotion to fire, time on front end. However pay does not go over , have to start at fire probationary pay when going over.

  5. #1945
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Spoke to my investigator today and he seemed pretty confident that my number would be reached for the jan class. Also told me that my medical should be coming up within a month. Just letting you all know what I heard, I wont take it as a guarantee. My list # is in the mid 1400's.

  6. #1946
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Spoke to my investigator today and he seemed pretty confident that my number would be reached for the jan class. Also told me that my medical should be coming up within a month. Just letting you all know what I heard, I wont take it as a guarantee. My list # is in the mid 1400's.
    Hey Longcut, did you take the psych already by any chance?
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

  7. #1947
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    181

    Default

    I'm in the mid 1300's, my investigator told me i'm processing for the january class.

  8. #1948
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Hey Longcut, did you take the psych already by any chance?
    no, still waiting on psych and medical. was told to expect them within a month.

  9. #1949
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Mid 1800's here, done with interview and cpat. Was also told being processed for the january class, but I don't know if my number is low enough for it, crossing my fingers and praying it is though. Any thoughts?

    If anyone in the same area of numbers gets anything for the medical, please tell me.

  10. #1950
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default medical and psych dates

    I am also in the mid 1800's and had my initial background investigation begin on July 31st and passed the CPAT on August 16th. Still no word on medical or psych

  11. #1951
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Guys I just had the "interview" today down at MetroTech. I need some advice from people who have been through this process already.

    They mentioned that the people who were in the interview today would have their medicals within a month. Is it possible for the medical to come that quick?

    They didnt mention anything about the CPAT but i'm assuming that will come quick too. Isn't there supposed to be 12 weeks of orientations and a couple practices?

    Can someone just clear up the steps of the whole process leading up to the academy and tell how much time they give you to get ready for this. My list number is in the low 2000's so this will help any one around my number.

    They just really scared a lot of us by saying that 40 people off the last group failed the medical and ours was coming up within a month.

    I mean i have been hitting the stairmaster with the vest, but still feel like i need more than a month more to prepare. Thanks guys

  12. #1952
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    264

    Default

    just get yourself in the best shape you can as quick as possible. assume you will have the medical within a month.

  13. #1953
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    174

    Default

    if they said your medical will be within a month then its definitely possible lol......my interview was in the second week of july and my medical is scheduled for this thursday the 28th. there are 2 CPAT orientations, 1 of which is mandatory, and then there are 2 practice CPAT runs and one final test. you're thinking of the 12 weeks of CPAT preparation at the rock which is voluntary. if you just had the medical today then you should have already gotten the mail about the CPAT prep classes at the academy ages ago, otherwise somebody seriously messed up delivering you your mail. just keep hitting the stairs and running (i've found that sprints, or HIIT, and fast-pace running 2 or 3 times a week in addition to stairs with the weighted vest another 2 or 3 times is a sure-fire way to getting your cardiovascular system ready) and checking the mail everyday for you medical exam notice.

  14. #1954
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    181

    Default Medical

    I have been told if you fail your first medical, they give you another month to prepare for it. So, if you fail the med, you still have anther chance to do it.

  15. #1955
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    264

    Default

    unless you fail it for smoking too many dubies

  16. #1956
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    181

    Default

    very true.

  17. #1957
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    Guys I just had the "interview" today down at MetroTech. I need some advice from people who have been through this process already.

    They mentioned that the people who were in the interview today would have their medicals within a month. Is it possible for the medical to come that quick?

    They didnt mention anything about the CPAT but i'm assuming that will come quick too. Isn't there supposed to be 12 weeks of orientations and a couple practices?

    Can someone just clear up the steps of the whole process leading up to the academy and tell how much time they give you to get ready for this. My list number is in the low 2000's so this will help any one around my number.

    They just really scared a lot of us by saying that 40 people off the last group failed the medical and ours was coming up within a month.

    I mean i have been hitting the stairmaster with the vest, but still feel like i need more than a month more to prepare. Thanks guys
    Hey, Bowhunter. As Johnny's suggested, complement the stairmaster with sprints. Alternating sprints and jogs will definitely help you with your
    heart rate.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

  18. #1958
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, NY, USA
    Posts
    83

    Default

    2nd class off 6019 scheduled for January and they're already getting up to the low 2000s for processing! this is GREAT news for me at 6800's. Now that PD renegotiated and is getting paid what they should i think a lot of people might be taking that job instead of FD as well. I would never. It's a shame the quality of people they let through to the PD these days though. Some of these guys are prior felons! Granted they aren't violent crimes but felons!? What happened to standards? My closest relative is on the job a couple years now. He/she has a 4 year degree at a "real" college. Not one of these Empire State College things where work experience counts as credits BS. She says the people she reports to and works with are absolute moronic d-bags. I've never heard that about anyone in the FD.
    Sh*t List 6019 - 68xx's

  19. #1959
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurferP View Post
    He/she has a 4 year degree at a "real" college. Not one of these Empire State College things where work experience counts as credits BS.
    The worst thing that ever happened to the quality of FDNY recruits was "college credit". Bunch of educated children who never worked a real job, never had a boss ride him, had no trade skills. Hands used to have calluses and dirty nails, then they had paper cuts and manicures.

    Don't be too quick to knock work experience over "real" college credits until you've worked with the product of both.

  20. #1960
    Forum Member Cuzzz2259's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    129

    Thumbs up Absolutely

    Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    The worst thing that ever happened to the quality of FDNY recruits was "college credit". Bunch of educated children who never worked a real job, never had a boss ride him, had no trade skills. Hands used to have calluses and dirty nails, then they had paper cuts and manicures.

    Don't be too quick to knock work experience over "real" college credits until you've worked with the product of both.
    AMEN.. I agree 100 %
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Test 6019-Union Square Protest
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 10:31 PM
  2. List #6019
    By ffbam24 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 08:59 PM
  3. FDNY List #6019
    By MailBox123 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 06:54 PM
  4. FDNY Exam #6019????
    By HouyBoy in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 10:50 AM
  5. FDNY Exam #6019-John Jay College Forum
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts