Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 618 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    The worst thing that ever happened to the quality of FDNY recruits was "college credit". Bunch of educated children who never worked a real job, never had a boss ride him, had no trade skills. Hands used to have calluses and dirty nails, then they had paper cuts and manicures.

Don't be too quick to knock work experience over "real" college credits until you've worked with the product of both.
    It's funny that I have heard that a few times before from firefighters that I have talked to.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Can anyone tell me who runs the medicals? FDNY or DCAS, or another department? Also, is there a phone number that I can reach them at? I called both places and both of them said the other runs them.

Thanks guys

Forum Member

Im list number 28xx does anybody know when I should be hearing anything from the FD?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ALLORNUTTIN6019 View Post
    Im list number 28xx does anybody know when I should be hearing anything from the FD?
    Sounded like they will not be doing any more processing until February of 2009.

I believe they are up to around 2200 with Investigative Packets.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    The worst thing that ever happened to the quality of FDNY recruits was "college credit". Bunch of educated children who never worked a real job, never had a boss ride him, had no trade skills. Hands used to have calluses and dirty nails, then they had paper cuts and manicures.

Don't be too quick to knock work experience over "real" college credits until you've worked with the product of both.

i did two years in a "real"college (no college is real) before enlisting in the coast guard. i would hands down trust my life and well being to my coast guard buddies opposed to my "educated" friends. its just a toally different caliber of people.

Forum Member

calm i totally agree with your above statement

Forum Member

i dont think its fair to pigeon hole any particular group of people into one category or another. There are exceptions to any rule. There are complete ****** bags that have served in iraq and there are complete morons that have degrees from harvard. Why make such generalized statements. Its like saying hispanics are lazy, black people are criminals, and white people are racists.

Forum Member

Anybody here go to metro tech today? cant remember what they said we would recieve first....cpat stuff...or........med/phys

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GettinReady6019 View Post
    Anybody here go to metro tech today? cant remember what they said we would recieve first....cpat stuff...or........med/phys
    Medical should come first.

My medical was last. the order for me went interview, cpat, psych, medical, all within the space of abut two months

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    My medical was last. the order for me went interview, cpat, psych, medical, all within the space of abut two months
    do they all take place during the week? or are there any on saturdays?

Forum Member

Default further testing

so lets say i live a great distance from new york. How many times do ya'll recon i would have to fly to new york to complete these steps. And please lets avoid the answers like as many times as it takes if you want the job badly enough and other wise a-- answers from the peanut gallery. Moreover, i am assuming they dont do the interview over the phone and obviously cpat, medical, and pysch are all presence required kind of events. Any other items that cant be sort of taken care of over the phone?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    so lets say i live a great distance from new york. How many times do ya'll recon i would have to fly to new york to complete these steps. And please lets avoid the answers like as many times as it takes if you want the job badly enough and other wise a-- answers from the peanut gallery. Moreover, i am assuming they dont do the interview over the phone and obviously cpat, medical, and pysch are all presence required kind of events. Any other items that cant be sort of taken care of over the phone?
    Doubt anything can be done over the phone, but talk to your investigator. A buddy of mine had the same problem and his investigator helped him out in scheduling most of them on or around the same day/within a few days of each other.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    You have to report in person for every step of the processing. Processing isn't in any order. You will get 3 days for the CPAT. Those 3 date are in the span of about a week and a half. But if you pass the CPAT on the first try, you dont have to come back. Then you will have to come back at least 3 more times: 1-Your interview with your investigator,2-for the medical, and 3-for the psych. all that travel will be within a two month span.

Forum Member

Default Heart Rate on the stairs

Hey fellas,

just to confirm:

maxim heart rate on the stairs is 220 - (your age) x .9

Forum Member

Anyone that had their investigation interviews at the end of July get assigned an investigator yet? I keep calling the several investigator numbers but no one picks up.

Also, whoever got their med letters in, can you please look on the paper and let me know the phone number to call if you have to reschedule?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2327 View Post
    Hey fellas,

just to confirm:

maxim heart rate on the stairs is 220 - (your age) x .9
    Hey Matt,

The formula you're using gives you 90% of your maximum heart rate. What the guys at the Medical have been doing is, they take 200 - (your age). Then that is the number you should not go over.

Either way works.. I'll give you an example. For me the number was 176. They subtracted 24 from 200, which gave them 176. If they had used the formaula you posted, my number would have been 176.4

So you can see, the numbers are VERY close.. Either way is fine.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Does anyone know how to get the selective service registration card for the investigation? Do i just go on the ss website and print it out or do I have to wait a few weeks for them to send it to me? THanx

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    Does anyone know how to get the selective service registration card for the investigation? Do i just go on the ss website and print it out or do I have to wait a few weeks for them to send it to me? THanx
    Go to the Selective Service website. Print out your information as proof of registration. That will do for the time being. Make sure you request the actual card through the site.

When you get it in the mail, just store it in a safe place, just in case you ever need it again. (Or if your investigator wants a copy of the actual card down the road).
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Hey, fellas. I had my medical this morning, and I'm glad to say that I passed the heart rate. My limit was 175 beats but I kept it at 162. I have to go back, though, because of my VERY poor vision. I have my lasik next Friday, so hopefully I'll be able to pass the vision test the following Monday. The only thing that worries me from the medical is the blood test. I haven't been to a doctor since I was a kid, so I don't know what will show up.

P.S. I've got my psych letter today as well. I'm near the end of 1300's, so guys around my # should either get it today or sometime soon.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Thread Information