Default jr fire fighters

i am the jr. chief in my department.
    i was just currious if any other jr. programs had jr. officers?
    and what all are you allowed to do?
    can you go to calls?

Forum Member

We are a small post so we only have a chief right now....we are allowed to do training and things (i just started a month or so ago so I can't be a big help but)....we cant enter a fire or anything like that...most posts are allowed to go on calls unless their insurance doesn't cover it but we are allowed going on calls....
    ~But with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26~

~The very worst fire plan is no plan. The next worse is two plans. ~

~Stay Safe! Everyone Goes Home!~

Forum Member

My dept has an explorer post as opposed to a jr program. They have officers as far as 1 capt, and 2 lt's. they are not allowed to respond, however we have just implimented a ride along policy allowing them to ride along on the ambulance with us during out day shift. some fires and such there is a provision in our SOG's to allow for calling of the explorers once everything is settled into place and we are in the cleanup stage...of course alot of the explorers will be on scene by then just watching us. Staying outside the zpne with the rest of the civilians....

Forum Member

Our Junior's do not have any officers of their own. They fall under the same chain of command as everybody else in the dept.

As far as what they are allowed to do. Pretty much the same as everybody else with the exception of a few things. They can go on calls, except for medicals and no first in truck on house fires. Other than that they go to the calls and generally get small tasks to do by Command.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireDawgEMT22 View Post
    My dept has an explorer post as opposed to a jr program. They have officers as far as 1 capt, and 2 lt's. they are not allowed to respond, however we have just implimented a ride along policy allowing them to ride along on the ambulance with us during out day shift. some fires and such there is a provision in our SOG's to allow for calling of the explorers once everything is settled into place and we are in the cleanup stage...of course alot of the explorers will be on scene by then just watching us. Staying outside the zpne with the rest of the civilians....
    Yeah............what ^he^ said!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

We have an Explorer post(14-16) and a Jr (16-18) program.

Explorers are allowed to ride on calls once the firefighters feel they have enough knowledge to not get hurt. Explorers can't go to out of town calls though. No FAST or Mutual Aid calls. They're more there to learn and just watch. They're also not "supposed" to respond after 10pm on school nights, and midnight on non school nights.

Juniors can do everything except pack up and go into a fire. They help the firefighters with whatever they're capable of doing (hitting hydrant, building walk around, flaking out hose, etc. etc.).

Forum Member

Smile

are post allows us to respond to all calls between 6am and 12 at night on weekends/non school nights and 3pm to 10pm on school nights. We are allowed to be on all scenes and when you become closer to 18 like myself you are allowed to do much more on a fire scene.

Thread Information