Forum Member

Default Hello from Kansas City

I'm a frequent visitor to the site for the last year so I firgured it was about time to create an ID for myself. I am a emt-b from kansas city, ks. A little education background, I have associates degree in fire science from a local community college. This may I will be graduating with my bachelor's degree in Technology Managment. And eventually, the following January I will be starting paramedic school.

I never really knew what I wanted to do until I had my uncle who is a kck fire chief take me on some ride a longs a few years ago. I knew right then and there when I witnessed my first fire, and he let me do the a med. call later that night (a drive by shooting)...this was the career for me.

I still have a long way to go, but i know you have to be patient in this career. I know it will definitely be worth the wait, good luck to all the rest of you inspiring firefighters...and the vets, keep spreading the knowledge and know how.

Forum Member

Kcfire, what paramedic school are you starting at?

Forum Member

im planning on applying to johnson county community college in september and hopefully starting next january, it is a ten month program. Ive heard its pretty intense and doesnt really allow you to work. A friend of mine went through it last year and almost everyone in his class passed.

I have also talk to Mast about their paramedic program, still up in the air

Rocking the Midwest

Default school

I got to KCKCC right now for EMT-B and i'm planning on going to get my medic in a few years. This fall i'm going to go get my FF I & II, i'm also getting C.E.R.T. certified as well. KCKCC is a good school and KCKFire comes in for alot of our Labs they are pretty kewl. Good luck with medic school man.

Forum Member

twp1980,

I took my EMT-B course at kckcc and really enjoyed it as well. Who is your instructor? I had Sheldon Geunther but this was about two years ago. I just got off the phone with the head director of the MICT program at kckcc, and I think ive decided I might try and start their program in August, however its two year program instead of one.

Forum Member

Welcome,

JCCC is pretty intense but you get good expierience riding with Med-Act. If you ever need anything stop by our shop in kCK murphysfire.net

Forum Member

Cool man, I just started CJC's class. MAST's starts in Sept, and they're turning out medics at about 12 months, so it's pretty intense as well. Blue River (MCC) just started a 6 month long program, and are planning to start one in August..

Thread Information