MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2007 KME Squad (Rescue-Pumper), Westampton NJ

Several other threads were asking questions pertaining to Rescue-Pumper type apparatus, so I figured I would show ours and maybe everyone can get a few different ideas.

2007 KME Panther-Predator Severe Service Chassis
    Cummins 400HP I-6
    Allison Automatic
    1500GPM Hale
    825GAL Water
    1200' 5"
    3 200' corsslays (2 1 3/4", 1 2")
    400' 2" off rear (200 live, 200 dead)
    400' 3" off rear
    150' 1 3/4" on front bumper
    100' 1" on Officer side
    25' 5" soft-sleeve on front bumper and both sides
    24', 14', 10' ladders through the tank
    ROM Doors with LED track lighting
    Code 3 Halogen/LED lighting
    Whelen LED Traffic-Director
    15KW Hydraulic Generator
    All quartz-lighting operable from cab
    Lukas/Centaur/Hurst High Pressure rescue system capable of running 4 tools together, plus 2 tool gas-duo pump.
    Suppression, Extrication, HazMat, Rope/Technical, Water rescue equipped (and trained)

The next thread will have pics.

If you have any questions, please post them or call the station (609) 267-2041.

NJTP Exit 5 and RT295 Exit 45 are our first-due, so if anyone is interested in stopping by to see for yourself, feel free to. The station is staffed 24/7/365.
    FTM-PTB DTRT

Everything I state on here is to support and aid my fellow firefighters. Everything I post is my opinion only, and in no way should be taken as an official opinion of any Company, Department, or Municipality I represent... oh and this includes Pierce Mfg, as so their legal department has advised me; since they apparently also invented the right to control "Free Speech".

MembersZone Subscriber

All photos taken and hosted by DC Craig Farnsworth, WTES
    FTM-PTB DTRT

Everything I state on here is to support and aid my fellow firefighters. Everything I post is my opinion only, and in no way should be taken as an official opinion of any Company, Department, or Municipality I represent... oh and this includes Pierce Mfg, as so their legal department has advised me; since they apparently also invented the right to control "Free Speech".

MembersZone Subscriber

All photos taken and hosted by DC Craig Farnsworth, WTES
    FTM-PTB DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

Photos taken and hosted by DC Craig Farnsworth, WTES
    FTM-PTB DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

FTM-PTB DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

FTM-PTB DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

FTM-PTB DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

FTM-PTB DTRT

Forum Member

Nice rig and tool layout. The tigger battering ram adds character.

MembersZone Subscriber

Nice rig, even if it is uh, yellowishgreenish???

I may take you up on the offer, we are looking into something very similar and would like to check it out.

Looks like a very well planned and layed out rig.

Forum Member

Thats a real nice looking truck. I will agree that it looks very well planned out.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

What's the orange thing mounted next to the pump panel with Tigger mounted on it?

MembersZone Subscriber

Great Job on the truck, it's a perfect example of a well thought out truck.

Quote Originally Posted by skipatrol8 View Post
    What's the orange thing mounted next to the pump panel with Tigger mounted on it?

Looks to be a battering ram

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by skipatrol8 View Post
    Tigger is out Battering Ram. We have a variety of hotels and medium to heavy commercial/industrial properties in our first due so it gets used often, which is why we put it easy to get to. Being outside, the striking end was starting to rust, so someone found a Tigger golf-club cover (I think that's what it is) to keep the end covered. Just prior to the rig going to the 07 Wildwood Convention, they decided to paint the remainder of the ram to match the cover. SO, it's become an icon of our rig, the kids love it, it's highly visable in the dark, AND, when some bastard tries to steal it, we'll know it's ours.
    FTM-PTB DTRT

Forum Member

So how much was this new ri?

MembersZone Subscriber

$380k ish...

Around $650k with the equipment as a guesstimate
    FTM-PTB DTRT

Forum Member

Nice rig ( it would be nicer if it was red , lol ) I saw it a few weeks ago at your station while I was visiting family who , coincidently , lives right around the corner from the station.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thats one hell of a war wagon! I still might have to stop for myself and check it out nect time I take a class a BCESTC.

Why the full length doors and not highway doors?

Whats in the bucket in the front bumper?

Any foam system?

You said 380ish, was there a trade in vehicle or was this an outright acquisition?

Where are the Mars lights ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MG3610 View Post
    Thats one hell of a war wagon! I still might have to stop for myself and check it out nect time I take a class a BCESTC.

Why the full length doors and not highway doors?

Whats in the bucket in the front bumper?

Any foam system?

You said 380ish, was there a trade in vehicle or was this an outright acquisition?

Where are the Mars lights ?
    Come on Down!

Full length doors - This was a cost savings for one, and for two, we have never had a problem with getting the doors open and getting out. It was determined that it was more important to us to keep the cab step surfaces as clean and crap free during inclement weather then to have the short doors. Just a matter of preference I presume. On the plus side, it helps to keep things a little more uniform since our 2000 KME Excel wagon also has the long doors.

The front bumper sort of "happened" the way it is. The bucket in front of the driver position was supposed to be the 1 3/4" line. However, with the was it was cut under the Q and around the electronic speaker, it was not a friendly hosewell. SO, the ingenious people we are, we cut an old shelf to size, and made our own divider in the center hose well, thus allowing our 150' 1 3/4", plus the soft sleeve, and the original hose well (to finally answer your question) is now home to our chains, pick-off straps, snatch-blocks, and winch controls. (BTW, there's a 9500lbs Warn reciever mounted winch with points on all 4 sides)

Foam System - Yes, in the form of a Pro-Pak and 5 gallon pails. We have an around-the-pump foam system on our 2000 rig, and have only used it twice. SO, in a money-saving effort, we opted to go without it. I believe that when the 2000 gets replaced, we will keep a foam system just in case, but it's never really been a necessity for us.

Mars Lights - Well, no. Being that we have a good amount of AA/PG membership, there is hopes of retrofitting a Roto-Ray though. (Bling Bling)

When this rig was purchased, we sold outright a 1986 GMC/Boardman 2000gal Tanker-Pumper and a 1995(?) IHC/New Lexington 500GPM Rescue/Not So Mini-Pumper. We don't have the need for the tanker anymore, and we out-grew the rescue by leaps and bounds. That money was put towards the equipment we purchased for the Squad, and the rig itself was purchased outright through Skip Stinger of JB Hunt.

This rig is the first KME Predator-Panther, and we have had very few problems with it. Everything that has come up they have bent over backwards to take care of. I know I've said it before, but this rig is put together just as well as any other truck out there. I'm sure we'll by KME again. (Is there a "Squiller" in our future?!?!?!? )
    FTM-PTB DTRT

Forum Member

I see the hard suction picture, but could you tell me where that is in relation to the truck? Also, maybe I missed the ground ladder compliment.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Nice KME Rescue Pumper !

We purchased two Kme trucks from JB Hunt Fire ,they are very good to deal with. This is our newest KME 1500 gpm engine, cost $270,000 plus equipment. It is a 2005 Excel MFD Extreme City Side Mount Pumper .Good Luck & Stay Safe ! WoodbridgeFFII
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by WoodbridgeFFII; 01-15-2008 at 07:17 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GFPD2005 View Post
    I see the hard suction picture, but could you tell me where that is in relation to the truck? Also, maybe I missed the ground ladder compliment.
    Looking at the back of the truck, upper left side, there's a small compartment door. They run under the left side of the coffin boxes. There's 2 10' hard sleeves, which we store 10' 4x4's in, plus there's plenty of room for us to dead load 150' of 2" hose which we use as a back-up line for high-rise type incidents.

The ladders: 24' 2 fly, 14' roof, 10' attic, plus room for 4 hooks, all through the tank in the rear compartment under the hosebed step. There is actually room in that area to reconfigure the stack and add another ladder, however we have plenty of ladder trucks around here so we didn't find it nessecary.
    FTM-PTB DTRT

Forum Member

Is your generator run off a pto or is it diesel powered?

Forum Member

Very impressive truck.
    Id say youre truck committee (or someone) put in a lot of work. Equipment layout and mounting take much more planning then most people think.
    With all that equipment it still carries 800 gallons orf water? Is it condensed or freeze dried
    $380 ish, you got a lot of bag for your buck.
    Last edited by confire; 01-18-2008 at 09:39 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

PTO Hydraulic Generator - 15kw Onan.

825 Gallons of not-so-high quality tried and true H2O.

KME and the Truck Committee did a fantastic job at squeezing every single ounce of space they could in that truck. It is still a work in progress now as we are continually coming up with new ideas, as well as new equipment.

To add to some of the equipment details, which is something I've recieved several PM's about, I'll throw a short list of the substantial equipment we carry.

Hurst Duo electric pumps x2
    Lukas Duo 4-Cycle pump (With hoses)
    100' HRT reels x4
    Centaur 32" Spreaders
    Lukas MOC Cutter
    Lukas 7.5" "O" Cutter
    Hurst High Pressure Moc Ultra
    Lukas Telescopic Ram
    Lukas Short Ram
    Hurst Pedal Cutter
    2 Sawzalls (1 24v DeWalt, 1 110v Milwaulkee)
    DeWalt Portable Band Saw
    DeWalt Angle Grinder
    Petrogen Torch System, with Truck mounted M O2 tank, and spare tank
    Paratech Air Bags (7)
    Paratech Highway Stabilization Strut Set
    HighLift Jacks x4
    Z-Mags Sets x2
    More 4x4, 6x6, and long wood then Home Depot
    HAZMAT Level A suits, numerous booms, pads, absorbents and testing equipment
    2 different 4 gas meters
    2 Radiation "Pager" Meters
    1 Radiation Gigeometer <sp?>
    2 K12 & 1 Echo Quic Vent Saws
    2 PPV Blowers
    1 NPV Box Fan
    200' Electric Cord Reel with Junction box
    Numerous Portable Quartz Lights and other electrical fittings
    150lbs Oil-Dri
    Hyrda-Ram
    TIC
    EMS & AED equipment
    TFT Pro-Pak foam unit
    Warn 9500lbs reciever mount winch with chain sets and snatch-blocks

850' Different Rescue Ropes, 6 harnesses, 540, prerigged 3:1 rig, stokes basket, sked, numerous other rope rescue gadgets. (Tri-Pod and Confined Space blower on its way!)

Lastly, a whole host of different portable equipment and the usual stuff but I'm not going to waste your time posting all that.

Thanks to everyone for your questions and interest in our rig. To us, it's just our rig, and it's always nice to hear the positive feedback. Our Guys and Gals bust their asses to keep the truck the way it is, and we work even harder with the weekly and sometimes daily training to keep proficiant in all the many aspects we're prepared to tackle. Remember, the rig and tools only help us do the work. It's our training and dedication that actually gets the job done!
    FTM-PTB DTRT

Thread Information