MembersZone Subscriber

Default Wanting To Go To Iraq!!!!!

Ok heres my deal Iam a 16 year full time firefighter Iam 36 years old have 9 years left before i have my 25 years in to retire with full pension,and Im ready to go over there for 2 years and work my *** off and retire.I work with a great group of guys and we get the job done but there is more to it than im telling you political **** and all,you know what im talking about!!Im in damm good shape and health right now where i can do this and i really want to bad whatever it takes!Im married to a great women for 11 years and it would be rough considered my 1st chil being 16 months old but i really think it would be worth it in the long run.Our fire dept here in biloxi mississippi has a bunch of guys over there course there single so you married guys know what im talking about,and since hurricane katrina things have been pretty ****y but we are making good money im talking 42,000 plus benifits but thats not alot considering the **** thats going on,so any suggestions would help out.
    thanks be careful out there
    MISSISSIPPI STATE CERTIFIED SMOKE DIVER!!!!

Forum Member

I suggest staying home to be there for your wife, and newborn. It isn't about just you anymore.

Forum Member

I agree with BKDRAFT.
    Hello. Fire dept.. You light'em, We fight'em!

"hard working, gear jamming, nail driving, "jake". "

IACOJ
    4-16-2010 "On the approach"

Forum Member

here here....
    No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
    ~W. A. Nance~

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    ~Walt Disney~

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    ~Mark Twain~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
    ~James R. Cook~

Life don't suck. Life is what you make of it.
    ~FIREFLY~

MembersZone Subscriber

Mississippi,

Send me an email off line at aff357@yahoo.com. I am from the Mississippi gulf coast as well, and I will give it to you straight...

Forum Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by aff357 View Post
    Mississippi,

Send me an email off line at aff357@yahoo.com. I am from the Mississippi gulf coast as well, and I will give it to you straight...
    It doesn't get much straighter than that. Do you think I was beating around the bush?

Gone.

In all honesty, stay here and protect the homes and families of your local community and look after YOUR familiy instead of protecting Bush's Oil Wells.

Exclamation Been There done that

You do not want to go there, especially as a civilian. I am in the reserves and scene it first hand. You have a family now, think of them. As a civilian you have nothing to protect your self with not even a knife. (Civilians were not allowed have anything).

Lightbulb Been there done that

You do not want to go there, especially as a civilian. I am in the reserves and scene it first hand. You have a family now, think of them. As a civilian you have nothing to protect your self with not even a knife. (Civilians were not allowed have anything).

Thread Information