Thread: hi all

Talking hi all

Sorry new to this so bear with me. I'm currently a firefighter in the north of England hoping to move to South Australia the end of 2009. As soon as i have entitlement i will be applying to the samfs so wish me luck.?.!

Visiting Adelaide for three weeks in May to so some research, has anyone got any advice on how to approach the brigade or can anyone give me a contact to start the ball rolling? Looked at their website and i've got a couple of stn officers names in recruitment but i was hoping to have a chat with the guys on watch.

thanks for looking!

Stay safe!!

Forum Member

Just go up to a station and buzz em...if the crew is in they will be willing to have a chat. They work 10/14's, the shift changes are normally 0800 and 1800 so give them an hour or so for station duties and you should be right.
    Have fun in SA Bro!
    Last edited by BlueMtnsFirey; 01-18-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for your advice! Will turn up at the station and hope all goes well.
    Cheers again
    Tammey.

Forum Member

Hi there, I am with the SAMFS, we are recruiting at the moment, unfourtunately we don't have a scheme to recognise previous experience, you will have to start from scratch. Check out www.samfs.sa.gov.au for an application form.

If you have any further questions feel free to send me a private message and I will try and fill you in.

Thread Information