Forum Member

Default New Haven set to hire 27

After months of delays NHFD has been given to OK to send out 51 conditional job offers and hire 27 entry level FF's.

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/a...ighter_fig.php

Forum Member

i think they may exaust that list...im sure there are people on that list that will fail the background...i believe they only ended up with about 85 total that passed the entire test?

thats all that passed everything? that testing process was strange!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCA1386 View Post
    i think they may exaust that list...im sure there are people on that list that will fail the background...i believe they only ended up with about 85 total that passed the entire test?
    Actualy 160-180 passed the entire process and fill 85 or so ranked positions on the list due to tied scores.

Forum Member

Who wants to ride around in a WHITE fire truck??!?!?!

Good Luck Everyone!!!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Tazz do you know why they are sending out 51 letters of conditional employment for 27 positions. What are they going to do if all 27 pass their backround? Is there a possibility for two classes off this List? Thanks

Tazz do you know why they are sending out 51 conditional offers for 27 positions. What if all 51 pass their backround checks? Is there a possibility for two classes? Thanks

Tazz do you know why they are sending out 51 offers for a class of 27? What will they do if all 51 people pass their background checks. Is there a possibility for two classes? Thanks for the help.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rpiasco7 View Post
    Tazz do you know why they are sending out 51 offers for a class of 27? What will they do if all 51 people pass their background checks. Is there a possibility for two classes? Thanks for the help.

I don't think so. They claim to have only 27 open positions for the rank of Firefighter. There are 51 open positions department wide. I belive that this number includes all the officer positions that are in limbo due to the lawsuite over that promotion exam.
    Last edited by tazz888; 02-14-2008 at 11:43 PM.

Forum Member

Here's an update.....

I guess they waited to send out the conditional offers untill this week. I received mine today and it was dated Feb. 11. Anyone else receive one or know someone who has?

The Board of Fire Commissioners will chose who gets hired during a meeting on March 11.

Tazz I dont think they waited to send out the letters. What happened is people already turned down the job, didnt respond to the letter, or didnt pass the backround check. Which is asome for you ...congradulations my friend got his letter yesterday. If you dont mind me asking what number are you on the list?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tazz888 View Post
    Here's an update.....

I guess they waited to send out the conditional offers untill this week. I received mine today and it was dated Feb. 11. Anyone else receive one or know someone who has?

The Board of Fire Commissioners will chose who gets hired during a meeting on March 11.
    Congrats and good luck to you. I remember your post when you were going for your interview. Glad you made it this far
    If I'm not here I'm on http://ctfire-ems.com/indexc.php

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by osfd100 View Post
    Congrats and good luck to you. I remember your post when you were going for your interview. Glad you made it this far
    Thanks. I'll keep you informed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rpiasco7 View Post
    Tazz I dont think they waited to send out the letters. What happened is people already turned down the job, didnt respond to the letter, or didnt pass the backround check. Which is asome for you ...congradulations my friend got his letter yesterday. If you dont mind me asking what number are you on the list?

I don't want to give out my exact ranking for privacy reasions but I will say that I was in the mid 30's. What range was your friend in?

Forum Member

Going for my medical evaluation this week. One step closer...

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats and best of luck

Forum Member

Just an update for anyone who received an offer and is waiting to hear something.....

My NHPD investigator told me that they have been delayed in compleating all the background checks due to a second round of offers having to be made due to many offers being declined or packets not returned by applicants. According to him I am one of the second rounders.

I have been told that firehouse rumor is that the accademy has been pushed back to May. I have also been told by my brother-in-law that a BC told him that they are aiming for an April academy.

The next FC meeting is on April 1. This is when they would have to make appointments inorder to start a class in April. If no appointments are made on the 1st, the next meeing is on April 29. This would be the last oppertunity to make appointments for a May class. They can still hold a special meeting, but it is normal practice for all appointment to be made at a regularly scheduled FC meeting.

Good luck to all.

Forum Member

Got my invite to a Fire Commissioners interview today. Scheduled for mid April so it looks like it will be a May academy.

Anyone else get one?

Default Looking Forward

I just received my letter to interview with the Fire Commissioners with an early April appointment. This has been a long process with many twists and turns. I am looking forward to the interview and any new challenges that may follow.

Thumbs up Any Word ??

I went to my interview about 10 days ago and felt it went rather well. Has anyone heard anything on when they might start a training class??

I also had my interview 10 days ago. As of a week ago, the starting date for the next academy class was May14th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by iscream746 View Post
    I went to my interview about 10 days ago and felt it went rather well. Has anyone heard anything on when they might start a training class??

I went to mine last week also. Left there with a good feeling.

I have been told by several NHFD employees that the academy is scheduled to start on May 14 and run to the end of October. EMT training May-end of July, FF1/FF2 end of July to end of October. The next FC meeting is on 4/29. I would assume that they will be making appointments at that time. That gives 2 weeks until the start of training to give your current employer notice and to get ready. Good luck, hope to see you at the academy.
    Last edited by tazz888; 04-25-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Default what's the deal?

The final list was certified last week, but has anyone received a letter yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by elmcitynative View Post
    The final list was certified last week, but has anyone received a letter yet?

Letters went out on Thursday. I have heard that most people received theirs on Saturday. I myself was not one of them.....

Nor was I. Guess it's time for plan B.

Thread Information