Default Grant writing help

Our department is in a finacial situation that is begining to worrie my fellow firefighters. We are in need of a lot of things which we cannot afford at this time. We are currently preparing to apply for grants for things like new trucks, turnout gear, pagers ect. Any help with the application process would be greatly appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bucknut916 View Post
    Our department is in a finacial situation that is begining to worrie my fellow firefighters. We are in need of a lot of things which we cannot afford at this time. We are currently preparing to apply for grants for things like new trucks, turnout gear, pagers ect. Any help with the application process would be greatly appreciated.

Fill out this form and I will contact you:http://www.chiefsupply.com/grants/contact_popup.asp

Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bucknut916 View Post
    bucknut--Kurt's a good one, taught me everything i know and that's only a thimble of what he knows. Also, spend a lot of time reading every thread on this forum. It doesn't all apply, but there's a few billion $$$ worth of awards in here. It'll be worth your time.

As for what i highlighted above, i'm feeling my age today--are there grants to help with new tucks, burnout gear, and agers???

earl (on my first read i could swear it said burnout gear!!)

MembersZone Subscriber

Kurt is a great source - so is BC79er found here.

brianv@firegraphics.org

and

www.firegraphics.org

We just got through with one of Brians seminars, it was great.

Forum Member

greenacres (or is is greenaches?) is no slauch himself. Like he said, in addition to those two great resources, a heck of a lot of info here is to be learned from people like earl and lots of other successful people.

We've all been through 'trial and error' too - so don't be afraid to ask!

MembersZone Subscriber

Shoot, i got lucky a few times. ktb9780, bc79er, sly, onebugle, limeforever, not2late4u, attack6, lvfd, k3twp, 7stones, wvaughn, and many, many more--there's a lot of real talent that hangs out here--they just keep me around for comic relief.

A lot of folks ask for "successful" or "winning" narratives, but we can learn as much from our failures as from our successes--perhaps even more. Hang around a while bucknut, read a lot. If you get lucky, in a few years you'll be a guru too.

earl

Forum Member

Amen...Listen to these guys and dont be afraid to ask questions. We just had a meeting with our local leaders and were able to tout $600,387.00 in grants in the past 5 years. I couldn't have done it without the help of all those mentioned above. Kurt has helped tremendously, and the guys who post on here are my mentors.

Forum Member

Burnout Gear? Ohh, thats what I am putting on the back of my Dodge since I keep getting these ticket things for improper take off. (There just jealous because they can't do it) Bucknut, as the above have said, pick up a seminar if you can, they give you great information, and excellent networking contacts. I still learn new stuff here everyday, and its great to have someone with a different perspective to give you break down on what they think about your project. Everyone on here is ready to help, and will give you lots of tips to bring out the small points that sometimes get overlooked. The competition gets tougher each year, so as someone has said on here in the past, you now have to bring your A++ game to stay in the hunt. Good luck, and if we can help, just ask.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Burnout Gear? Ohh, thats what I am putting on the back of my Dodge since I keep getting these ticket things for improper take off. (There just jealous because they can't do it) Bucknut, as the above have said, pick up a seminar if you can, they give you great information, and excellent networking contacts. I still learn new stuff here everyday, and its great to have someone with a different perspective to give you break down on what they think about your project. Everyone on here is ready to help, and will give you lots of tips to bring out the small points that sometimes get overlooked. The competition gets tougher each year, so as someone has said on here in the past, you now have to bring your A++ game to stay in the hunt. Good luck, and if we can help, just ask.
    I see you finally got the PD off your case and they are sending someone to Atlanta. Bet you are glad to have that monkey off your back so you can devote more to the FD?
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Finally, but it does have its perks. I was issued a new set of body armour and the kick on the Barrett 50's is not as bad as I thought it would be. Nice not to have to pay for the 6.00 per shot cost. Another perk of having the Rural Law Enforcement Training center located less than a mile away.

MembersZone Subscriber

Finally, but it does have its perks. I was issued a new set of body armour and the kick on the Barrett 50's is not as bad as I thought it would be. Nice not to have to pay for the 6.00 per shot cost. Another perk of having the Rural Law Enforcement Training center located less than a mile away.
    Sweet isn't it. I had the opprotunity to waste about $100 bucks of ammo through one of those a few years back at SHOT show,
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Burnout Gear? Ohh, thats what I am putting on the back of my Dodge since I keep getting these ticket things for improper take off.
    I was thinking of the other kind of burnout gear--the type that would match my Depends and my new Pink Floyd and Grateful Dead neckties.

earl (and my parents said i wouldn't listen to that rot when i got old!!)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    I was thinking of the other kind of burnout gear--the type that would match my Depends and my new Pink Floyd and Grateful Dead neckties.

earl (and my parents said i wouldn't listen to that rot when i got old!!)
    Oh my goodness, Earl is a "Deadhead" and "Wall" fan. Who would have possibly known!Of course that brings another song to mind, more appropriate to my career field; ....."MONEY" LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information