Question Seeking Help with certs

I'm trying to get overseas to Iraq for Wackenhut, however I'm running into trouble with my certs. I've been a firefighter for 10+ years however none of my certs are proboard or ifsac. I need to challenge the ff1 and ff2 tests however I can't find a place to challenge them as soon as I am wanting. Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I can contact? The state of Indiana will let me take the written part whenever I want, but I need an Instructor 23 (???) who can give me the practicals. If anyone has any suggestions or guidance, I would greatly appreciate the help. I'm kinda in a difficult finacial situation and the sooner I get to Iraq, the sooner I can get on with things. Thanks in advance for any help you all can offer

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by wvafire View Post
    I'm trying to get overseas to Iraq for Wackenhut, however I'm running into trouble with my certs. I've been a firefighter for 10+ years however none of my certs are proboard or ifsac. I need to challenge the ff1 and ff2 tests however I can't find a place to challenge them as soon as I am wanting. Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I can contact? The state of Indiana will let me take the written part whenever I want, but I need an Instructor 23 (???) who can give me the practicals. If anyone has any suggestions or guidance, I would greatly appreciate the help. I'm kinda in a difficult finacial situation and the sooner I get to Iraq, the sooner I can get on with things. Thanks in advance for any help you all can offer
    With 23 views I can't believe no ones helped you out. My state isn't IFSAC accredited so I had to fly out to Bucks County Community College. Penn. I provided my FF 1&2 state cert along with my Hazmat awareness and ops certs. The only tests that I took were the practical and written. To me it was pretty easy. Check out their site. www.bucks.edu/publicsafety/ You should be able to find the challenge test dates on there. Hope this helps. And if you want to make an extra 500 bucks for coming over you can use me as a referral. The company gives 1000 bucks to employees who refer people. They also give out 2000 for hard to fill positions Ie Chief. I'll split it 50/50 Email me for more info if you want Firefighter1_emt2001@yahoo.com. This goes for anyone else that's coming over. Email before you put your packet in. I give your name to the company and than they send you an application. Hope this helps and good luck getting those certs!

Forum Member

Firefighter1 I cant get your email to work, pm me so I can get some info.

Default Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help concerning my question. I think I have it figured out. I've been in touch with with Bucks County and I might be able to challenge the test in March. I need to gather up some info on my certs to make sure that all my training is comparable to that for ff1 and ff2. I can challenge both test in one weekend so hopefully I can join you all in Iraq by early April. So thanks for all the help and advice. Now I just have a ton of questions on what all to expect. If anyone would like to drop me a line and tell me about life in the big sandbox and more about the hiring proccess for Wackenhut, my email address is wvafire@yahoo.com. I'm working on reading the thread, but 138 pages takes some time and things seem to change from day to day. Well thanks again for the help. You all Stay Safe!!!

Thread Information