Default Firefighting in other States

I am interested in becoming a firefighter in Florida and I was wondering if I wanted to move to another state, if I would have to go through their state requirements?

Forum Member

Yep. Each state sets their own requirements for firefighting certification. However, if you already have qualified, you may have to go through practical and written examinations to get your license.

makes good girls go bad

No. It depend on the state, and their requirements.
    I got my NJ Fire I/II without even lifting a pencil. I sent my Fla Fire I/II certificates in, and got it.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

It depends on many factors. Some department's you will, others you won't. If you want to be a career firefighter, count on it. Volunteering might be a whole different story, depending on where you volunteer.

MembersZone Subscriber

florida is typically a little different than other states. Your IFSAC classes should transfer anywhere in the country and even overseas, but state academy courses and other certs. probably wont transfer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattd1 View Post
    florida is typically a little different than other states. Your IFSAC classes should transfer anywhere in the country and even overseas, but state academy courses and other certs. probably wont transfer.
    no kidding, i know... you cant get a michigan certificate to transfer many places.
    Everyone Goes Home --- Prevent LODDs
    Visit www.everyonegoeshome.com

• Wear Your Seatbelt! --- Every Time, Every Call, No Matter What!
    • Pay Attention to the PASS --- Every time you hear a PASS, realize this time it might be the real deal!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattd1 View Post
    For the 50,549,187,934,712,905,042nd time:
    The People's Republic of Commiefornia does not accept anyone/where else's certs. Any out-of-state FF cert: IFSAC, Hackey-Sack, Pro-Board, Shuffle-Board, State, DOD, Allied Foreign Nations, whoever, whatever, wherever... it's no good here. Only that which declareth "CSFM" at the title is good enough for the PRC, comrade.

Why is that? Well, when a state's economy and population are bigger than most third-world banana republics, the government starts "thinkin" like one, too.
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Thread Information