Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Default Armchair Trip Around the World

Please help make a special birthday celebration. While I'm not a fireman(woman) my best friend's father was instrumental in the founding of volunteer fire departments.
    Now he is turning 80 and his daughter asks:

Please help us make "A Special Birthday Celebration For a Very Special Man!" by sending, via snail-mail, a postcard picturing your area of the world to my Dad: Jack Pegg, 50 Vine Street, Danville, PA 17821, USA

During World War II Jack, my dad, spent time in several countries and on the seas. Since the war his life has been devoted to work, family and community.
    Community is very important to Dad. He is a founding member of the area ambulance services and the volunteer fire departments Ė each of which have grown tremendously and are still in operation. He was also the leader of the civil defense strategies for the community, has helped raise money an untold number of times for new rescue and emergency response equipment, and served as a volunteer for the American Cancer Society. He endured many a sleepless night to meet the needs of others. Jack Pegg has given more lifetime hours to the community than anyone can calculate.

But his busy life has left little time for travel. He and Mom, enjoy short trips when possible, but there are many places they would still like to experience. This is a way to help them do so!

Dad's family and friends thank you for joining us to make his 80th birthday a unique and special, Worldwide Armchair Trip. And, if you are comfortable to do so, please pass this request on to those persons and groups who you feel might like to respond.
    Carol in PA

Forum Member

Smile Armchair Trip Around the World

Jack and his wife Louise are delighted, intrigued and excited by the first cards that have arrived. Their pleasure far exceeds our anticipations.
    Their family and friends thank each of you who have participated and hope others will still join in.

Forum Member

Default Armchair Trip Around the World

As cards keep coming the Peggs are amazed anew daily and delighted. It IS truly amazing how much cheer your simple postcards are bringing. Thanks heaps to everyone of you for helping to make this a special year for them! Let's keep it going!

Forum Member

The response to this request has been great. Cards keep trickling in. And each one is a delightful highlight to his day!

Thanks are inadequate to both those of you who have sent cards and those who may yet join in.

If anyone one wants a postcard sent to your special person please post your request here or pm me.

Once again, Thanks Heaps everyone.

Thread Information