MembersZone Subscriber

Default LAFD Backgrounds...where are you at?

Anyone who has had a background interview for LAFD in the last few months heard anything positive or negative yet? I was at the 12/12 interview but have not heard anything yet. I guess that means I'm still alive, but the suspense is killing me! I know some people have had to wait 6 months to hear if they move on, yet others hear something in a matter of weeks.

Forum Member

You are correct. The LAFD hiring process takes a long time. Once an investigator contacts you the process moves a bit quicker.

The best advice I have for you is not to get your hopes up, and have patience.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have heard of people waiting up to a year through backgrounds that got the job. Others that have waited only weeks.

Any tips for the interview though JLam? Found out I passed my written the other day. I'll have a mock interview Feb 13, real oral Feb 14, and my background interview about a day or two after that. They are putting this all together so that I only have to make one trip because of where I'm located.

Default backgrounds

I contacted my background investigator once to see if he turned my packet in (he was very nice and willing to help me out). He told me that EVERYTHING looks good and there are no problems with my background and it should be processed quickly when the Panel reviews it. I waited about a month and received a test date for my medical and psych. I finally got the job offer and I start in March. If you have questions, let me know.

Good Luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FF2005 View Post
    I contacted my background investigator once to see if he turned my packet in (he was very nice and willing to help me out). He told me that EVERYTHING looks good and there are no problems with my background and it should be processed quickly when the Panel reviews it. I waited about a month and received a test date for my medical and psych. I finally got the job offer and I start in March. If you have questions, let me know.

Good Luck!
    How long from you background interview until you heard from the Initial Panel Review?

Default time frame

A couples months I think. I called La City Personel every two weeks to check for an updated status on my progress. (the first time I called Personel they told me to continute calling every two weeks if I don't hear from them).
    They called me before I actually received the Letter stating that I can take the medical and psych.

Thread Information