Thread: crossfit

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile crossfit

I have heard so much about this crossfit lately but I dont understand what it really is. From what I know about the workout sounds like fun and very helpful.

So my questions are what is crossfit, how do you get involved with it, where can I look at the workouts, and the most important HOW MUCH. I have worked out since high school I am not new to training but new to this type of training. I want to get into the best shape of my life before I get to a cpat. I am a volunteer firefighter and maybe this could help out some of the guys on the department that are trying for paid departments.

Also looking for a vest preferably a 75 lbs but 50 will work. If anybody that reads this can hook me up with one it would help me out. I know how much they cost new but if I can get one from somebody that is willing to sell then maybe we can make a deal.

fireman575757

Forum Member

1. Google Crossfit. It's all free info.
    2. Go to Ebay for a weight vest, or Google weight vest.
    The Internet is your savior at times.

Forum Member

Go to crossfit.com
    Do the workout of the day, which is listed on their main page.
    For videos and instructions on some of the exercises there are links on the page that direct you to videos on how to do some of them.
    They can be done in just about any gym.

I did it for a little while. It's a good, hard workout.

Forum Member

Your right it is a good hard workout. In fact its a whole body workout and a half. There are crossfit gyms popping up all over and we actually when to one for our training last month. A lot of the equipment is stuff you can build your self at the station and the rest is relatively inexpensive. My advise is to get a hold of someone who does it regularly so you get an understanding of the techniques, otherwise you can hurt yourself. I noticed a huge difference in a short time. Like any other workout on duty remember what your primary jobs is, PUBLIC SAFETY! I see people work themselves to the point of failure all the time on duty which is bull *****, because if they get a call their screwed.
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

Forum Member

I've done Cross Fit a few times. Starting to get into it a bit more and I'm getting hooked. It's an intense and quick workout which is nice. The worst one I did was something along the lines of Run Squat Run or something like that. 100 Squats, 2 Laps of Soccer Field, 75 Squats 2 laps, 50 Squats 2 laps, 25 Squats 2 laps and that was it. For about a week and a half afterwards I was in pain when I was walking around. I'd definitely suggest trying it.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Default crossfit

Thanks everyone for helping me out. I will see if I can find somebody that does it here in Nebraska.

fireman575757

Forum Member

I got into the crossfit workouts a few months ago. I turned my garage into a gym for less than $400.00. Not alot of fancy equipment is needed.

A pull up bar, olympic bar, some weights and a few kettlebells and your set.
    I made a medicine ball out of an old basketball and some sand for about 6 bucks.

The work outs will kill you at first, I have been doing it about 3 times a week and am just now able to really finish a workout.

This is the first type of workout where I can see improvements quickly, I am less winded and my strength gains have built up quick.

Check out crossfit.com for videos on how to do the exercises, start out with lite weights and go slow at first to get your form down.

The best thing about crossfit is the fact that you can workout just about anywhere, it's free (other than the equipment) and it works.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool search

fireman57x3

do a search for crossfit, this topic has been done a few times already

Thread Information