Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Orlando Fire Conference 02/08

I was considering being a sponsor for the event. Can anyone (who attended it in the past) tell me how many many people attend this event?

Quote Originally Posted by AFDMac View Post
    I was considering being a sponsor for the event. Can anyone (who attended it in the past) tell me how many many people attend this event?
    Quite a few. We get people from allot of different departments. Here is the contact info if you are interested.

http://www.orlandofireconference.com/contact/
    Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rpferry View Post
    Quite a few. We get people from allot of different departments. Here is the contact info if you are interested.

http://www.orlandofireconference.com/contact/
    Thanks for the info ... I was in email contact with someone, but he hasn't answered my last email concerning the number of people who attend (maybe he is at Fire-Rescue East). I was wondering how many flyers to have printed up. I'll get in touch with them using the link you provided. Thanks again. Mac

I'm registered and stoked to go.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firefuss View Post
    AFDMAC??! is that MAC-O GENETIC-O ???
    Hey "Fuss" ... yes it is! How have you been? I see you got on with that big dept. you wanted ... congrats! How do you like it?

MembersZone Subscriber

just saw the report, medic 8B ran 9889 calls in 2007. And thats a basic unit. AND thats only third for medic call volume in the city. Ugh!
    Holy Moly! I ran 3 calls after midnight last night ... and I'm whooped today! I couldn't take that stuff! I like my "vacation station" at times. I'm glad to hear from you ... We still talk about that "Mac-o-Genetic-o" drawing; that was SO funny! And that indian silhouette thing you did with your hands! I don't think I laughed so hard in my life! I miss working with the old A-shift, station 1 crew. I had a blast! Stop by station 4 when you come down before your cruise ... and bring your X-Box so I can pummel you! Just kidding.
    Thanks for the compliment on the web site; I am very happy with it. It just launched this month and I've already got plans for some changes. Do you know any firefighters up there that have side businesses? The web site is a national directory and I'm listing firefighter-owned businesses for free. Let everybody know, if you would. Take care .... hopefully, I'll see you before your cruise. Mac

MembersZone Subscriber

did it work?
    That is awesome!!! I am designing a sticker for Firefighters who list their businesses on the web site. It might even become the "official logo" of Firefighter-Biz. Would you consider drawing something for that? I will pay you to do it. The sticker is an oval with a thick red border. I wanted a picture in the center, with a firefighter or two spraying water into fire. I have asked permission from a guy (20 yr. veteran Las Vegas FD) who paints some awesome stuff. I think his web site is Fire Art. If you can find his web site, click on "war of fog" and you'll see an idea of what I am thinking about for a picture for the sticker. I haven't heard back from him in over a week ... I guess he isn't interested in helping me out.

I am very impressed with your painting skill ... it looks MUCH better than your "mac-o-genetic-o drawing!!

I was at Station 2 ... but now I am at 4. And the Wylam thing ... that is what happens when you set such high requirements for LT without having a required amount of experience. Bruehl, Saint, and Roney would be great LT's, but they aren't paramedics. I am happy being an Engineer for now ... and besides, I don't have the time to go to paramedic school. Wylam IS doing well as a LT, though.

Let me know if you'd be willing to draw something for the sticker. I thuink it would be cool to be able to say that I worked with the guy who painted that picture in the sticker/ logo.

Forum Member

did it work?
    man that is sick...

strong work!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks LeatherHead, and yea Mac, I'll draw up some stuff and send it your way. I could get together an idea of something you might want and then we can talk about how much more/less detail to make the final drawing. And gimme a break. I would never charge someone for a drawing, even if it got trademarked as a logo or whatever. Not for someone I used to work with for that matter. Anyways, I'm workin OT today and then work tonight, I think the comp is down at my station but where I am right now it is working, (Duh, I'm on it now) I'll try and get a sketch together in a few days and get in touch with you.

Later
    Great! Thanks, Fuss! Here is the link to something I was looking at. Take a look and see what you think. Hopefully you can draw something similar ... or something else if you have any other ideas.

https://www.fireart.com/prints.php?pid=117

Thanks again! Mac

Thread Information