Default Moron Nightmares just started

The Fire Chief contract was terminated since the Project Manager didnt like his hard on approach and willing to make it better for the client the Air Force. Our Chief came to Spain experience a lot of complicated issues and was very succesfull in pushing the mission forward. He was left with a mess from the previous contractor PAE, equipment that is over thirty years, except the Fire Trucks.
    If you are planning to apply for the Fire Chief job this is what you should expect.
    First get ready to be run over by two sindical groups, the company PM is very quick to fire any US personnel, however is always providing assurance to the union that no union empoloyee will ever get fired. You never know how many employees are going to show up to work on any given day, is a real nightmare for the Station Captain. You are going to be promised the world and when you arrive to the site, the true story comes out. Most of your firefighters doesnt speak english, refused to do any upgrade training unless they get additional pay. If you are coming as a firefighter make sure that your contract is very specific on the work hours. Otherwhise the Company will screw you by telling you that you are a salary employee and you get paid no mattter how many hours you work for. Make sure that if you are bringing your family, you study the cost of living in Spain.
    If you like to party this is the place to come since the Project Manager doesnt enforce the alcohol policy, he doesnt care when one of the Assistant Chief's well known for his alcohol abuse shows up to work intoxicated. Tthis guy was fired from every other project that he ever worked in the past. He was a firefighter in 2004 and two years later he is occupying the Assistanht Chief role, he doesnt have any experience, lacks certification requirements or necesaary knowledge required for his position. Is probably the reason why the Fire Chief employment contract was terminated early. The Fire Chief refused to accept that type of behavior and requested numerous times to get him terminated however the PM will not support his request.
    The Deputy Chief doesn't have any experience dealing with any Air Force mission or requirements. He only knows how to get over the Fire Chief by going to the Project Manager behind the Fire Chief back. He doesnt recieve any respect from any of the shift workers because is well known his intention to back door the Chief.
    Your attitude here will suffer changes since anybody that comes in with good intention and wants to imkprove the mission will get a large bag of dissastifaction.
    I think this is a good place to work if the company start listening to the managers that are running the section.

Hope this brief will hep you make a right decision...Good Luck

Forum Member

Default Spain

Contact me via PM
    Last edited by gruntman; 01-30-2008 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Had to add

Permanently Removed

Post PM's have bosses - they are not god

Alcohol? Mismanagement? Report to Base CMDR, Contract Officer Moron, Chain of Command, right? Formal complaint with the state where LLC formed, find out who partner/jointventure. sound like enough people have same issue. Report to Contract Audit.

fyi - same PM on prior contract:

http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/297960.pdf

Permanently Removed

Exclamation News is getting around about Moron

Wolfpack82 Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 09:08 AM

Hello folks! To the gentlemen that got the short end of the stick on the TA job here at Morón last month I sincerely hope life is better. I am truely sorry that happened to you. That is not a pleasant position to be in at all. However, I must say that was a blessing in disguise. If you were to have made it over it would have been ugly for you. Trust me. I have first hand knowledge. PAE "was" the company to work for. If you have any comments or questions please don't hesitate to post them. I'll be happy to respond.

Best regards

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-9163.html

Permanently Removed

Exclamation AFS Moron

displaced4u Posted: Oct 23, 2007 - 12:52 AM

I only have limited experience with AFS but what happened to me was I put in for a position that was posted. I was called and told I had the job and how fast I could get there. I accepted the position and proceeded to get my passport, this was on a Thursday, on Monday got the benefits notice and on Tuesday got a call and confirmed acceptance. Proceeded to get household things in order, on Thursday was told the job was filled and I did not get it. I ask them why, since they sent a valid job offer, I accepted. Said the job offer was sent to three people and was returned on Monday by another person also, even though they called on Tuesday.
    That means they sent out three valid job offers, I know of two of us that accepted. IF they give offers then there better be more than one position? I think they are having some irregularities in hiring and will contact the contract owner(gov) and the contractor to voice a complaint. I had started to pack the house and contacted a mover to store my things, plus spent more money to get my affairs in order. BEWARE

copied from: http://www.f-16.net/index.php?name=P...=118776#118776

Permanently Removed

Exclamation Moron Spain

joeblow404 Posted: Feb 04, 2008 - 09:17 PM

I would like to keep this as constructive as possible. However, that will be difficult. I have worked here with both PAE and the present contractor, AFS. The current contractor sets a new low for contractors. The program manager is an ex-enlisted vehicle mechanic and it shows. He is very abrasive, lacks class, and experience. The USAF leadership has no faith in him and the good news is that he probably won't last. AFS treats everyone like dirt. All of us took pay cuts and they really took advantage of the poor guys that are retired here with Spanish wives. They are payiing on average 20% less than what we made with PAE. That's not counting the fact that they also took away DODDS tuition.
    If you're considering coming to Spain, consider the fact that the cost of living is through the roof. The Euro exchange rate only makes it worse. The typical salary from AFS is in the low $30K's with no benefits. they do give $10K for COLA but it's not enough for a single guy to get by on let alone a family man. This coupled by the terrible management is a recipe for disaster. The contract is only for 2 years (10/07-10/09), it's very unlikely that they will win the follow on contract so no job security. BEWARE my friens!

copied from: http://www.f-16.net/index.php?name=P...=118787#118787

Forum Member

Smile Spain

I got in the door with the company before knowing how terrible it is right now. Im clearing up some pay rumors with HR. Will update soon.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fire Position I applied for got filled. Not sure if that happened after probing HR for an increase in pay. Heres the last email from HR after asking if this position was salaried, or hourly with OT:

Hello,
    This is a salary position. No overtime. There are 2 shifts & they are requesting to go to 3. $38k is the base pay for firefighter. What does a GS-8 salary?

My reply:
    The GS-8 pay is between 36K and 42K. An average firefighter sits on the GS-7 level. I have a site too, that shows the 2008 GS Pay Grades according to the FED. At the bottom of the page the site shows the percentage adjustments for each area (States in the US) where the Cost of Living is high, like San Fransisco. http://www.fedjobs.com/pay/pay.html
    Im just worried about the exchange value. The exchange brings the dollar down to making the salary about $26,206.90 EU without COLA. The COLA is roughly 6,000 Euros.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thats all I have for now. Good luck to anyone applying.
    Last edited by Jetsettingfire1; 02-09-2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Update:

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoseman911 View Post
    displaced4u Posted: Oct 23, 2007 - 12:52 AM

I only have limited experience with AFS but what happened to me was I put in for a position that was posted. I was called and told I had the job and how fast I could get there. I accepted the position and proceeded to get my passport, this was on a Thursday, on Monday got the benefits notice and on Tuesday got a call and confirmed acceptance. Proceeded to get household things in order, on Thursday was told the job was filled and I did not get it. I ask them why, since they sent a valid job offer, I accepted. Said the job offer was sent to three people and was returned on Monday by another person also, even though they called on Tuesday.
    That means they sent out three valid job offers, I know of two of us that accepted. IF they give offers then there better be more than one position? I think they are having some irregularities in hiring and will contact the contract owner(gov) and the contractor to voice a complaint. I had started to pack the house and contacted a mover to store my things, plus spent more money to get my affairs in order. BEWARE

copied from: http://www.f-16.net/index.php?name=P...=118776#118776

Sorry to hear that you got the short end of the stick, brother. Certainly raises a few eyebrows.

Forum Member

Default Watch out

Some serious back stabbing going on here. Be careful around the head Chief. He would eat his young .

Forum Member

Default I have some Questions

I have heard some serious rumors about the leadership there..

Forum Member

Default Questions??

Im curious if they are still accepting applications and what is going on overthere with all that I have read. Whats the true story on the job and the leadership?? How much do they offer $$$?? Do they house you? relocation $$?? Thanks for the help..

Forum Member

Read the threads fella.

Forum Member

Default Jetsetting

Are you overthere right now?? Are they acceptting resumes??

Forum Member

Default Job Announcment for firefighter

I see they are advertising again on DODFIRE... how many are they hiring?? Anyone know??

I talked to a friend and said the turnover rate is retarted there.. Whats the truth about the leadership that I read above??

Default TURNOVEr

Can Afs Keep Anyone?? Or Just Wackos Who Call Themself Chief.. Calling All "speacil" People , Moron Is Hiring On Dodfire Again...

Forum Member

Default Hey Chief

Yea you,the man in charge, the ********* who thinks he knows it all and is up the pm ***** all the time, we all know, that you are full of $hi7. So when were giggling or kinda laughing and stop when you walk in.. Its about you, just so you know...

Gotta love the internet don't you??

Forum Member

Default Chief

here you go

http://cms.firehouse.com/web/online/Leadership-and-Command/A-Higher-Standard-Of-Leadership/5$65

Forum Member

Default hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by mustang65 View Post
    The Fire Chief contract was terminated since the Project Manager didnt like his hard on approach and willing to make it better for the client the Air Force. Our Chief came to Spain experience a lot of complicated issues and was very succesfull in pushing the mission forward. He was left with a mess from the previous contractor PAE, equipment that is over thirty years, except the Fire Trucks.
    If you are planning to apply for the Fire Chief job this is what you should expect.
    First get ready to be run over by two sindical groups, the company PM is very quick to fire any US personnel, however is always providing assurance to the union that no union empoloyee will ever get fired. You never know how many employees are going to show up to work on any given day, is a real nightmare for the Station Captain. You are going to be promised the world and when you arrive to the site, the true story comes out. Most of your firefighters doesnt speak english, refused to do any upgrade training unless they get additional pay. If you are coming as a firefighter make sure that your contract is very specific on the work hours. Otherwhise the Company will screw you by telling you that you are a salary employee and you get paid no mattter how many hours you work for. Make sure that if you are bringing your family, you study the cost of living in Spain.
    If you like to party this is the place to come since the Project Manager doesnt enforce the alcohol policy, he doesnt care when one of the Assistant Chief's well known for his alcohol abuse shows up to work intoxicated. Tthis guy was fired from every other project that he ever worked in the past. He was a firefighter in 2004 and two years later he is occupying the Assistanht Chief role, he doesnt have any experience, lacks certification requirements or necesaary knowledge required for his position. Is probably the reason why the Fire Chief employment contract was terminated early. The Fire Chief refused to accept that type of behavior and requested numerous times to get him terminated however the PM will not support his request.
    The Deputy Chief doesn't have any experience dealing with any Air Force mission or requirements. He only knows how to get over the Fire Chief by going to the Project Manager behind the Fire Chief back. He doesnt recieve any respect from any of the shift workers because is well known his intention to back door the Chief.
    Your attitude here will suffer changes since anybody that comes in with good intention and wants to imkprove the mission will get a large bag of dissastifaction.
    I think this is a good place to work if the company start listening to the managers that are running the section.

Hope this brief will hep you make a right decision...Good Luck

wow, hey mustang, you miss here???i bet yes?

Forum Member

Default Question for Morons High Chief

Jefe, nunca en un incendio

Default sure

fire academy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by actualIT View Post
    Jefe, nunca en un incendio
    Translation = Boss, never in a fire

Lightbulb Moron Hiring

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1212 View Post
    I see they are advertising again on DODFIRE... how many are they hiring?? Anyone know??

I talked to a friend and said the turnover rate is retarted there.. Whats the truth about the leadership that I read above??
    I am a recruiter with Agility Defense and Government Services and we are hiring for the following positions:

Deputy Fire Chief, Assistant Fire Chief for Operations, Station Chief

Please email your resume to eajroud@agilitylogistics.com
    Last edited by 112233; 06-13-2008 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Update

Forum Member

Default Job announcement

Get best of best on here, come one come all. How many americans have quit? It all starts at the top.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default pay is one big problem

I was considering applying for one of the Chief positions now that i have the Certifications, but......once I saw the pay being offered I gave up that idea all together.

Chiefs in the states in most departments make more then what is being offered by far, most range in the 75-125,000 range. Why would anyone consider working in Spain for 40-55k a year as a Chief when they can make so much more in the states?

I am in Iraq and I am drawing close to 120k annualized, minus travel and vacation time of course. And even though i do not have the ability to tavel and enjoy my off time like Spain, i feel double the salary more then compensates me for the touble.

I use the time off I get every 4 months to the most and travel then and enjoy my time. I use my 4 months in country to get ahead, do my job, and do whats asked of me, without the complaining or remarks.

I know there is issues in every overseas contract fire job. I see so many people online here bitching and moaning about how bad it is......

i think most of them are just that, bitchers and moaners and would complain about any department they work for.

EVERY fire department has ther own set of problems, and issues. I have been in a volunteer, paid, and a combo department, i have brothers in other departments and believe me, its not greener on the other side of the hill, its just a different type of crab grass.

People need to mature and realize that no matter where they work, there will be issues, and if you cannot handle them like adults then maybe its time to look for another type of work.

I wish the management luck in finding a new set of chiefs, but do not see quality management or experienced management to apply if they are offering pay that is sub standard.

Forum Member

Default Chief

You are an idiot.. thank you

Thread Information