MembersZone Subscriber

Default seeking information about medic one(king county EMS)

Hello! I was wondering if someone could lead me to any sites that i can get information about Medic One in King County Washington or if anyone is currently working for them. Thanks and be safe!!

Erik

Forum Member

Here you go:

http://www.metrokc.gov/health/medicone/

South King County Medic One is the only "stand alone" portion of the Medic One system.

Seattle/Bellevue/Shoreline/Vashon/Redmond have their own medics. Redmond/Bellevue are "fire medics".

Thanks -

PHC

Forum Member

Default Fire/Medic's

PHC - Seattle and Shoreline also have Fire/Medic's - or are you talking ALS engines?

-Mike

Forum Member

Default Just remeber

Medic one unless it has changed in the last couple years requires that you go through harborviews medic program. They have some special protocols. I believe to the point where they don't recognize your previous training as a medic.

Former 20 year Seattlite

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank you everyone for your assistance I greatly appreciate it! No, I am your "regular" Paramedic. I am looking to settle down in a system that is progressive, with a retirement, along with chances for promotion. I have been a Paramedic for 14 years in different systems. I have heard nothing but great things about the Medic One system. I also did hear that they make you go through their training program again. As strange as a question that this may be. Are they as great as I have heard? Thanks again and be safe!

Forum Member

Yes, to become a medic in any way, shape or form in King County you MUST go through the Harborview medic program. When you graduate/pass the final test I believe you receive an NREMT-P as well. The testing process for standalone medics (i.e. South King County Medic One) ended recently. I believe they hold a test every year. If you go through the process and do get an interview, make sure you arrive in a clean car.

If you do a search on King County Medic One on these forums you will find some lively discussion on the King County Medic One system. There are many different opinions.

I have a relative who went through the program in the 70's and was a fire medic with Bellevue. He absolutely loved it. He said the Harborview program was the hardest, yet best thing he has ever done in his life, EVER.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks For The Help Power!!! One Question Why A Clean Car?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by medicsarecool View Post
    Thanks For The Help Power!!! One Question Why A Clean Car?
    Sorry to dredge this one up, but noticed your question went unanswered.

They have been known to go out and look inside your car to see how clean (inside and out) or cluttered it was while you were inside during the first oral board.

All part of the evaluation. Seeing whether your attention to detail to your vehicle will project to their's.

Forum Member

Wink

Yes...I've heard several funny stories about Copass and the interview process...

Forum Member

Default yes for King County medic 1

I have heard the same thing. They will take a peek at unsupsecting peoples cars during the testing process. See how clean you keep your rig. Shows how clean and orderly you will keep theirs. To anwser your question yes Medic one would fit your qualifiers. They are extremely progressive as and EMS system in general and the base hospital is phenom. You wouldn't be doing yourself a wrong by working for them. I've been involved a couple times being first on scene of some car wrecks. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them or thier protocols. I've even been stuffed in the back and worked on once after I was in a wreck. Nothing ALS and I was trying to AMA, but the talked me out of it and I took the ride. Had a pretty bad concussion. So as a first responder and also a one time patient I would reccomend them!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank you again for all of your help I greatly appreciate it! Thanks for the heads up about the clean car that is very unique! Thanks again and as always be safe!!

Thread Information