Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fire Safety Education Survey through NFFF

Take a Fire Safety Education Survey for a Chance to Receive Smoke & CO Alarms for Your Department

Ľ Take the Short Fire Safety Education Survey

The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation is posting this announcement on the behalf of Kidde to help improve the fire safety education resources available to departments like yours. Your suggestions and comments will be used to renovate FireFYI.org, a website sponsored by Kidde that is a free resource for fire departments.

As an incentive for filling out the 28-question survey, Kidde, world's largest fire safety manufacturer, will enter your name in a drawing to receive a donation of 300 smoke alarms and 50 carbon monoxide alarms for your fire department. To enter your name in the drawing, please provide your e-mail address where specified in the survey.

The recipient of the alarms will be selected in May 2008.

Thank you for your time and for everything you do to help save lives.

http://www.everyonegoeshome.com/news/kiddesurvey07.html

Takes about 5-10 minutes to complete.

Thanks for the tip Bugle. I just finished filling it out.
    Ed

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks onebugle. Just went through it myself. Started it to have a chance at detectors, then got involved with thinking about what they were asking...

We've given away a lot of coloring books and plastic helmets. Going through this survey got me thinking--i never looked at the toys my sons brought home (years before i became a vollie), but i always had to watch "stop drop and roll" and they engaged me in conversation about a meeting place. I guess my point is that fire safety education that children can take home to engage their family gets more mileage than the things they color. Better for the family too.

That said, how can we move more in that direction? What can we send them home to talk about??

earl

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Check over USFA's publications section, they have a ton of free handouts that can be printed off. Some are things they can color too, but a decent combination of stuff for the kids and stuff for the parents should get some thought when sent home together.

Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Also Home Safety Council's Expert Network is a good resource and they have information available, I think you just cover shipping costs.

And looking into the future Vision 20/20: Developing a National Agenda for Fire Prevention:

The Institute of Fire Engineers US Branch was awarded a Fire Prevention and Safety Grant by DHS to develop a comprehensive national strategy for fire prevention with the goal of focusing everyone's efforts collectively to effectively address the fire problem in the United States. This webcast, hosted by Firehouse.com, will be a key part of this effort to gather information from fire professionals. You are invited to take part in this landmark event, which will shape the future of fire prevention in the United States.

http://www.strategicfire.org/
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Thread Information