Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Forum Member

Take care boys

Forum Member

At the risk of sounding too intelligent for this conversation, STFU! It is absolutely amazing to me the BS that is being spewed here. The initial question was regarding the CCC academy wasn't it? If you two idiots want to shoot derogatory remarks at each other use your personal emails. Why do you feel like letting all of us knw who the village idiots are. Since you are both experts, do you even know where CCC is? You are both from the NW corner of the state. CCC is at least 2 hours East of either one of you. Grow up and shut up. Aren't these forums meant for information gathering and sharing? Now, I truly know why I belong to the IACOJ!
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Forum Member

excuse me, I wasnt calling names, I was simply imforming him to drop the harssment of the vollies, I never once called him anything or in anyway made myself appear to be a village idiot...and your right the IACOJ doesnt have the people stating they are better than the other...and I NEVER claimed to be an expert at anything
    Last edited by FireDawgEMT22; 03-02-2008 at 12:22 AM.

Forum Member

Sorry but the Rossville Fd guys on here needed something to do since they are the best at everything! PS back to my original statement: If you want live fire training dont go to Owens community college!

Forum Member

.............................. ..
    Last edited by RFxplr326; 03-03-2008 at 10:20 PM.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    Ok almighty Toledo Fire God.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpzbmHMcEQ

What good representation of your department you offer... Job well done.
    Grow up.
    Kid, I think it is past your bedtime. Go get some milk and cookies and get lost.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skiwiz6 View Post
    Sorry but the Rossville Fd guys on here needed something to do since they are the best at everything! PS back to my original statement: If you want live fire training dont go to Owens community college!

And back to my original statement. Owens is good for the basics. If someone get all the smoke and heat without have a firm grasp on the basics then they wont be able to do anything right. You learn in the field, and if you expect someone to be an expert coming out of school then there are issues.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbrescue View Post
    Kid, I think it is past your bedtime. Go get some milk and cookies and get lost.
    You harrass about people talking down about others, and yet here you are doing the same thing...bravo

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireDawgEMT22 View Post
    You harrass about people talking down about others, and yet here you are doing the same thing...bravo
    Gump, it's just the great work of an excellent salesman/entrepreneur. Some of them salesmen out there seem to have those tactics where they **** off possible customers so then the ****ed-off customer turns around and spreads great word about the company at hand through word of mouth... Amazingly, business starts to dwindle. It's a pretty neat concept at hand.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Since both rfxplr326 and firedawgemt are on the same place I expect no less support for eachother, partners do that. How can you say owens is good for the basics? Hasnt even had a full 240 class go through yet.

Quote Originally Posted by skiwiz6 View Post
    Since both rfxplr326 and firedawgemt are on the same place I expect no less support for eachother, partners do that. How can you say owens is good for the basics? Hasnt even had a full 240 class go through yet.
    Owens HAS taught plenty of 36 hr classes. Wouldn't that be considered basics?

And firedawgemt22 might have a little bit of an inside opinion because he is in that first full 240 class.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

so the big bad dawg isnt even a level2 FF? Wow you two are better than I thought. Hey how big is your light bar?

Bump Bump.

Forum Member

Hey you guys arent the boys out at Owens with 6 pagers on your hips are you?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    And what might you have to base this claim off of? I'm just curious, because I've heard of plenty of other good places across the state. Such as the Ohio Fire Academy, Owens Community College, any of the big cities departmental academies....etc.

I know that Owens Community College has a very well known and respected Academy. Toledo Fire has actually moved its academy out to their campus. they just opened a $20.5 million Center for Emergency Preparedness.

If you want to start by getting your I-A card, there is no eaiser or better way than the State Fire School that is held at Bowling Green State University every May and October. You can knock out your I-A class in a week and it costs $325 I believe.
    Hey hows life is Rossford?? I have to agree that Bowling Green has the most awesome program around! Most of our guys have been there and came back completely satified! I didnt know about Owens...thanks for the info. I have a 16 year old son who will eventually be looking into fire school. Problem is we are in Fulton County so he will have to travel quite a ways to get anywhere that has a good program. What do you know about the program out at Four County Joint Vocational School?
    Jami Sue

facebook.com/firechick337

Live each day as if it were your last!

Ember Lou loves all of her firefighter families!

GFFD forever!!

Gorham-Fayette Fire Explorers Rock!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbrescue View Post
    What department even allows 36hr as a minimum any more? The state minimum is 120hr if you respond from a station. This changed a couple of years ago. Get your 240 card if you even think this is what you want to do. I makes no difference which academy you go to. Go to the one that is close to you. They all have to teach the same information. If any of you think you are going to be real fireman when you are done in the academy, you are sorely mistaken. The academy is a starting point. You need to get a lot of OTJ training and pay attention to the guys with experience.
    Our dept still allows 36 hours as a mimimum but we are also volunteer, is that the difference? About 60% of the members have their FF2 so maybe thats the difference? I personally havent taken the FF2 because of a knee injury that limits my abilities now. I can still play with the bigdogs but just not as long as I used to
    Jami Sue

facebook.com/firechick337

Live each day as if it were your last!

Ember Lou loves all of her firefighter families!

GFFD forever!!

Gorham-Fayette Fire Explorers Rock!!

Thread Information