MembersZone Subscriber

here's a press release issued from ALF

n=22&p=4&s=22&a=162http://americanlafrance.com/interior...p=4&s=22&a=162

Forum Member

Angry

I still have not seen where anyone has addressed the question posed by "jfTL41".

Where is everyone getting their information that ALF is closing the former LTI facility?

The only PA plant that will be closing is Lebanon, not Ephrata. The Telesqurt and Squrt units along with the aerial refurb jobs will all be transferred to the Ephrata facility.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 10House View Post

The only PA plant that will be closing is Lebanon, not Ephrata. The Telesqurt and Squrt units along with the aerial refurb jobs will all be transferred to the Ephrata facility.
    I'd think this move would slow the aerial line down. Deliveries were already behind schedule and over a year, now add in more work to a tight quarters facility? Last time I was there, there were more trucks in Lebanon than could fit within Ephrata's gates.

Forum Member

believe me, things will slow down big time now.

how many orders are going to be canceled by nervous customers or by the bankruptcy court?

remember, ALF can petition the court to get out of any contracts that are unprofitable, so if they see a contract with a penalty clause or anything else that makes it unprofitable, they cancel it.

Forum Member

Default ALF Reorganization Plan

You can read the Bankrupcy Filing and Reorganization Plan at www.Kccllc.net/ALF

Interesting item in the reorganization plan, is that ALF is asking the court to allow them to unilatterally cancel at least 30 apparatus contracts that they have determined that they will lose money on. These are contracts not secured with a performance bond. It seems that they will attempt to complete the contracts that have a performance bond attached.

Make sure you get a performance bond when you purchased a new rig (from any manufacturer).

Forum Member

Default All the info

Here is a link to all the info that is available so far on the ALF issue.

http://www.kccllc.net/ALF

Forum Member

Post Alf ?

After reading the chapter 11 information provided on the link, It looks like ALF will go up for sale with Patriarch Partners buying ALF back at a reduced rate with little or no debt. That is what it looks like to me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skysthelimit View Post
    After reading the chapter 11 information provided on the link, It looks like ALF will go up for sale with Patriarch Partners buying ALF back at a reduced rate with little or no debt. That is what it looks like to me.
    If patriarch buys back ALF and reopens the new plant, who in there right mind would "sell them parts for there apparatus "after not being payed before and after bankruptcy ??

Forum Member

Exclamation Re; Parts

There will be vendors who will sell to ALF however they will be very cautious moving forward, I guess the question should be Who would buy the product not knowing if they can get parts to repair it. The current jewel is the LTI name and product. One of the best in the industry, there maybe some manufacture who would like to add this product line, to there line up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WoodbridgeFFII View Post
    If patriarch buys back ALF and reopens the new plant, who in there right mind would "sell them parts for there apparatus "after not being payed before and after bankruptcy ??
    I suspect that suppliers will place ALF on COD for materials.

C6

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down

What a sham! It's truly pathetic how easy it is to scam away your debt when you have plenty of money. If Patriarch owns ALF is some manner or form, how is it that instead of using Ms. Tilton's $50 mil to pay off debt, they can sell it back as part of re-organization and use the same money to move forward debt free! A classic big money shell game. I hope ALF can survive for the employees, but what a slap in the face to those whom they owe big dollars. I sure as hell would have them on COD if I'd even sell them anything after a sham like this. Though my understanding is that many big suppliers need to keep market share and annually losing 600 transmissions, 250 motors or whatever could evidentially be seen as a larger negative that writing off the loss.

Forum Member

I have read the filing a few times, I don't see where they are selling the company to themselves or anyone else. They have filed for reorginization and if that is not approved then the company will be for sale. Am I missing something?

Forum Member

I have read the filing a few times, I don't see where they are selling the company to themselves or anyone else. They have filed for reorginization and if that is not approved then the company will be for sale. Am I missing something?

i think you are. read this:

http://www.kccllc.net/documents/0810...0000000004.pdf

Forum Member

Exclamation Correction

Sorry, I wanted to say when the sale is approved it will happen.

Take note to the PPAS

Proposed Sale Of Substantially All of the Debtor's Assets
    On or about February 2, 2008, the Debtor filed its Debtor’s Motion for an Order Pursuant
    to 11 U.S.C. §§ 105, 363, and 365 and Rules 2002, 6004, 6006, and 9014 of the Federal Rules of
    Bankruptcy Procedure (A) Authorizing the Sale of Substantially All of Its Assets; (B) Approving
    an Asset Purchase Agreement, Subject to Higher and/or Better Offers; (C) Approving the
    Assumption and Assignment of Certain Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases; and (D)
    Granting Related Relief (the “Sale Motion”) and the Motion for Order (A) Approving Bid
    Procedures Relating to Sale of Substantially All of the Debtor’s Assets; (B) Scheduling a
    Hearing to Consider the Sale and Approving the Form And Manner of Notices; (C) Establishing
    Procedures Relating to Assumption and Assignment of Certain Contracts, Including Notice of
    Proposed Cure Amounts; and (D) Granting Related Relief (the “Bid Procedures Motion”).
    Pursuant to the Sale Motion, the Debtor proposes to sell substantially of its assets to PPAS or its
    assignee(s) for a purchase price pursuant to a credit bid of at least $150 million of debt and
    assumption of certain liabilities.
    Pursuant to the Bid Procedures Motion, the Debtor proposes that the proposed sale to
    PPAS or its assignee(s) be subject to higher and better bids upon the completion of a marketing
    process conducted by the Debtor and its professional advisors. The Debtor and its professionals
    will conduct an extensive marketing effort to attract potential competing offers for the sale of the
    Debtor’s estate, including the establishment of a data room for potential purchasers and direct
    contact with several parties that might have an interest in the Debtor's assets.

Patriarch Partners Agency Services, LLC (“PPAS”)

MembersZone Subscriber

I thought the sale of the company was the "Plan B" in case their original measures didn't bring in the return they were hoping for?
    FTM-PTB DTRT

Everything I state on here is to support and aid my fellow firefighters. Everything I post is my opinion only, and in no way should be taken as an official opinion of any Company, Department, or Municipality I represent... oh and this includes Pierce Mfg, as so their legal department has advised me; since they apparently also invented the right to control "Free Speech".

Forum Member

I guess we will find out real soon what the spin doctors have in store for us. GLEO Good Luck Everyone,

Forum Member

i think i read in the docs that they intend to cancel around 30 orders that are not profitable. I wonder which departments that will be?

Forum Member

The orders they are going to cancel are going to be the Fire Apparatus, There are no plans to cancel any of the 500 plus condor units on order. That is fron the company plan. I guess we know where the Fire side of the biz stands. I hope they do well and get out of this to continue to build trucks.

Forum Member

i know that already. It says that in the documents, fire apparatus orders being canceled, about 30 of them

The question was WHICH orders are they going to cancel?

If you were one of those 30 departments that had a truck on order, wouldn't you want to know it was NOT going to be built?

Forum Member

Does anyone know if American Lafrance is continuing any work at all either new apparatus or refurb work?

Forum Member

Post Late deliverys

Very few people are off of furlough, some have come back to work on units they have parts for however not alot of production going on until this chapter 11 thing is over. I guess your late truck is going to be a little later than planned on unless your one of the customers that had or are having your order canceled.

MembersZone Subscriber

How many folks out there have ALF trucks on order and cannot get a straight answer as to when they'll start working on them or anticipated delivery schedules?

Forum Member

We are one of the departments waiting patiently to see what is going to happen. We placed our order in late August. It would be nice to know whether or not our order was one of those they are talking about canceling. We ordered a 3000gallon Liberty tanker with a 750 gpm pump. I hope this all works out for everyone.

Kelly

Forum Member

looking at the chapter 11 filing documents, there are a lot of fire departments who have prepaid or placed large deposits on there apparatus order. I wonder if any of this money was FEMA money. or how the departments will be repaid if the order is canceled.

Forum Member

Default not likely

Quote Originally Posted by imafireman View Post
    We are one of the departments waiting patiently to see what is going to happen. We placed our order in late August. It would be nice to know whether or not our order was one of those they are talking about canceling. We ordered a 3000gallon Liberty tanker with a 750 gpm pump. I hope this all works out for everyone.

Kelly
    I doubt they'll be cancelling any Liberty orders - thats the bread and butter...or what should be the bread and butter anyway

Thread Information