Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zfdtruckman View Post
    Is LaFrance now out of the ambulance business? They are not listed as a product anymore on the website. New ambulance deliveries are also no longer available.
    Correct, they've closed the Sanford, FL plant where the MedicMasters were being built. The MM's we had at work were VERY well-built machines.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter807 View Post
    Blah... blah... blah...

Read your history. Anytime a group of people got together whose main motive was to make lots of money in the fire engine business - it failed!

Steady but sure wins this race.

What is Steve Lawrence doing now? Maybe he can lend a hand down there.
    He's performing March 19th through the 23rd actually. He and his wife will be at the McCallum Theater in Palm desert California. Heres the link for tickets

http://www.ticketsnow.com/Concert_Ti...2-S-8876583012

Forum Member

Default Wrong Steve Lawrance

You have the wrong Steve Lawrance. I would assume there are quite a few of them in the US. From what I know the Steve Lawrance in question here has put together another group and has bought, with OPM, a few apparatus and equipment dealers. Mostly in the northeast.

impossible, I saw a cooler of koolaid at his last show that I attended

Forum Member

Post Looks like there is going to be a SALE

Looks like there is going to be a sale with the minimum bid being 184 million
    http://www.kccllc.net/ALF (Court Documents) is where you will find the information. The only good product to offer is LTI the rest is controled by the VPOS and Snake Oil salesman. Good luck all. Buy anything other than ALF if you want parts or service.

Forum Member

Default Minimum Bid????

$184 million is the total agregate amount of liabilities of American LaFrance LLC. This is not in any way a minimum bid. It is what has been sunk into the black hole known as American LaFrance.

Be Safe
    Later

Forum Member

Default Don't get your checkbook out until April

American LaFrance financing plan gets bankruptcy judge's approval
    BY JOHN P. McDERMOTT
    The Post and Courier
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ailing emergency vehicle manufacturer American LaFrance obtained court approval Tuesday for financing to boost production at its Summerville plant.

Also, the company said it likely will know by April 18 whether it will be restructured or sold at auction.

A judge in Delaware approved American LaFrance's plans Tuesday to fund its operations while it reorganizes under bankruptcy court protection. U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge Brenda Linehan Shannon granted the company's request to borrow $42 million from its previous lenders.

American LaFrance said in statement that the financing will ensure it has "adequate liquidity to purchase parts during the bankruptcy proceeding and re-establish production volume to pre-bankruptcy levels, including bringing employees back from furlough."

Hearings on the company's reorganization plan are scheduled for April 9 and April 18 in Wilmington, Del., where American LaFrance is incorporated.

A committee of unsecured creditors had objected strongly to the company's original financing plan filed earlier this month. The motion approved Tuesday included numerous revisions the company and creditors agreed on after a hearing last week.

The court also approved a revised plan to offer the company for sale if it is unable to reorganize successfully. If that is necessary, a hearing on the auction would be held April 28 in Delaware.

American LaFrance blamed its Jan. 28 bankruptcy filing on, among other factors, a depressed fire-truck market and the company's problem-riddled move from North Charleston to a new plant and headquarters off Jedburg Road in Summerville. The changeover in computer systems resulted in host of foul-ups that had "a crippling impact" on the manufacturer's operations, according to court documents.

Last year, American LaFrance lost more than $56 million on sales of more than $195 million, according to filings.

The company has started streamlining operations around the country to cut costs as part of its turnaround plan. Locally, the company said it would shutter a parts distribution center in Hanahan and a chassis manufacturing operation in Jedburg. The work done at those facilities likely will be moved to Summerville.

Forum Member

I'm going to change the tone here and say that sounds like good news for the people waiting on trucks and employees looking to get back to work.

Forum Member

I wonder if RetJaxFF still has a job, They are not paying any warranty claims untill a later date. Good luck to all My money is on the same old way of manageing it will go down the tubes again. I did read or thought it stated the Auction will be held on April 28 if being sold, And each bidder would have to put up 1,000,000.00 good faith stake until 2-days after the bidding closed. Then the winning bod and runner up would have the money held for 2-more days. then the runner up would get there money back. and the winner would be reveiled.
    Last edited by Skysthelimit; 02-27-2008 at 09:55 PM.

Forum Member

Default They got no money either

Quote Originally Posted by tomwnh View Post
    You have the wrong Steve Lawrance. I would assume there are quite a few of them in the US. From what I know the Steve Lawrance in question here has put together another group and has bought, with OPM, a few apparatus and equipment dealers. Mostly in the northeast.

By the way, how is that project doing. I was told at the VA Midwinter Show that they investment company that bought that group cut bait and ran.
    The word is "Got No Money". The majority of those companies were E-1 Dealers. "That is not what they need now"

Thumbs down

I hope all does come out for the best. I work for an ALF dealer and right now it is impossible to get parts, I have a truck that is way behind and had an ambulance flushed. Sad part was had customers at Sanford 1 week prior to the closing of Medic Master.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by craigmedic View Post
    I have a truck that is way behind and had an ambulance flushed. Sad part was had customers at Sanford 1 week prior to the closing of Medic Master.
    I feel your pain. I had 11 ambulance orders get washed away in this whole debacle.

Forum Member

I feel your pain. I had 11 ambulance orders get washed away in this whole debacle.

And you still want to sell for them?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skysthelimit View Post
    And you still want to sell for them?
    I never said that (or even indicated it). I was simply commenting that in addition to "craigmedic", I also lost some orders, and that I could empathize with his situation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Still there !

Quote Originally Posted by Skysthelimit View Post
    I wonder if RetJaxFF still has a job, They are not paying any warranty claims untill a later date. Good luck to all My money is on the same old way of manageing it will go down the tubes again. I did read or thought it stated the Auction will be held on April 28 if being sold, And each bidder would have to put up 1,000,000.00 good faith stake until 2-days after the bidding closed. Then the winning bod and runner up would have the money held for 2-more days. then the runner up would get there money back. and the winner would be reveiled.
    Still there !! Thanks for thinking of me.
    Take Care & be SAFE
    Bert

Hey good to see ya Ret. Hope things get better over there.
    Forrest Gregg
    Chief
    Holtville/Slapout
    Fire & Rescue Inc.
    District 10 Director
    AAVFD
    IAFC
    www.holtvilleslapoutfd.org

Forum Member

Cool Still There

Hey RetJaxFF,

I am glad to see you are still around. You need to come see me. We have to get you some NC BBQ.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default No Cole Slaw !!

Quote Originally Posted by EVTRon View Post
    Hey RetJaxFF,

I am glad to see you are still around. You need to come see me. We have to get you some NC BBQ.
    We can do some BBQ as long as you leave off the Cole Slaw. Cole Slaw just takes up space that could be filled with more MEAT !!! )
    Take Care & be SAFE
    Bert

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down the bleeding continues

the word on the street is that a lot more people were let go for good. SAE engineers and PDC supervision along with tech support at LTI. Who's going top be left?

Unhappy ALF Bankruptcy

The new saying at ALF is "how many ALFers does it take to put a check in the mail?" A bureaucratic nightmare of controls and restrictions has been placed on accounts payable. It takes two to four days for a check to a supplier to be approved, processed, and mailed. Meanwhile, parts needed for truck production can't be shipped until payment is received.

The problem: lack of leadership and sense of urgency.

Thread Information