Forum Member

Default Left side chest pain concern

Hey, currently in the hiring process with a department as seen in other thread. Passed CPAT and all last year and could have the medical coming up. Anyway, probably didn't work out as good as should have past month due to part time work. Started back on treadmill and started running and about third and fourth time on it started to get a sharp chest pain on left side while running. Got off and pain was gone within couple minutes. Is this just from starting back my running routine after a little down time or should I probably go see my Dr. I just had blood work done few months back and everything came back fine. My main concern is that it's in left side of chest. Just curious if maybe the more work out then will pain go away, or should I take more serious measures. Wasn't going to post here, but seems to be a lot of good people with good advice so wanted some opinions. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for your time!

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink no brainer

Go get checked, if nothing comes up then at least you know. If it is a cardiac issue I would hate for you to be one of the statistics.

Considering FF is your goal, common sense is a huge part of it. What would you recommend if it were a patient?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ogomez View Post
    Go get checked, if nothing comes up then at least you know. If it is a cardiac issue I would hate for you to be one of the statistics.

Considering FF is your goal, common sense is a huge part of it. What would you recommend if it were a patient?

Yeah I just went on and scheduled. Best to invest a little time as opposed to risking the rest of my life. Thanks!

Forum Member

There is a condition, (that I do not know the name of off the top of my head) where the muscle around the heart contracts hard. Makes you feel like you're having a heart attack, but you're fine. I don't know if it could be this, but sounds like a possibility.

Forum Member

When I hear this from anyone I tell them to call 911.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah, what Captain Bob said...

Thread Information