Thread: Grants

Default Grants

hello does anyone know of any grants to apply to? I am a member of the Bryant volunteer fire dept. and we make our money off of our township contracts (which is basically nothing). We have a few fund raisers and we are not paid by the town taxes due to lack of industry. We have 29 firefighters and 7 trucks. we have a 66 ford pumper (best truck ever!!), 83 chevy pumper, a 99 dodge ram first responder truck, a 88 chevy and 90 dodge grass rigs, a international utility van, and a 88 international 3000 gallon tanker. we have to pay gas and maintanence to these trucks and up keep on the station. we need grants for communication for new pagers and hand helds. our tanker is about at the end of its rope and need a newer one. So does anyone know of any grants that we can get for communication or new equipment?

Andrew 127

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BVFDRookie View Post
    hello does anyone know of any grants to apply to? I am a member of the Bryant volunteer fire dept. and we make our money off of our township contracts (which is basically nothing). We have a few fund raisers and we are not paid by the town taxes due to lack of industry. We have 29 firefighters and 7 trucks. we have a 66 ford pumper (best truck ever!!), 83 chevy pumper, a 99 dodge ram first responder truck, a 88 chevy and 90 dodge grass rigs, a international utility van, and a 88 international 3000 gallon tanker. we have to pay gas and maintanence to these trucks and up keep on the station. we need grants for communication for new pagers and hand helds. our tanker is about at the end of its rope and need a newer one. So does anyone know of any grants that we can get for communication or new equipment?

Andrew 127
    Contact me at kurtb@chiefsupply.com and I can try to help you out.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Have you tried for any AFG grants? Safer? They are your most likely
    grant source. AFG is a great one for vehicles, communications equipment, SCBA, turnouts, etc.

Where is Bryant? I know of a couple of them in various states.

Thread Information