Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Saint Paul MN

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Saint Paul MN

I am on the 2005 list for St. Paul. I recieved a letter a few weeks ago asking for references, employment info, certifications and training records. The letter said that they were putting a class of 14-20 together to start in April. Did anyone else get this letter and does anyone know how the process usually works from this point. Are just looking for paramedics again?

We have a class of 20 17-C's who are all paramedics graduating next friday.
    From what we have been told the next group is coming off the list for a class starting March 31,2008 and the last numbers we heard were 16 -22. The class that just graduated in Nov had 14 people in it and only 4 were paramedics, I would have to believe that this class would be a mix as well.
    Good Luck.

We have a class of 20 17-C's graduating this friday, and then from what we are told the next class off the list will start on March 31,2008 and the last numbers I heard were 16-22. The last class that graduated in Nov had 14 people in it, of which only 4 were medics I would have to believe this next class would be a mix as well.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Length Of Academy?

SPFDFFPM, I will be starting the FF Academy on March 31, 2008. I believe that our class is a 17c. How long is the academy? I just found out that I got hired and I have two weeks to get ready. How was the academy and ay pointers?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
    SPFDFFPM, I will be starting the FF Academy on March 31, 2008. I believe that our class is a 17c. How long is the academy? I just found out that I got hired and I have two weeks to get ready. How was the academy and ay pointers?

Thanks!
    Wow, congrats, wisconsin! Good department. They sure didn't give you much time to prepare. Maybe that's just the way it works in bigger cities. I hope you like it there. How long have you been waiting for this?

Wi, if its a 17c academy, it will be 4 weeks. If it's the full deal, it will be 12 weeks.
    Good luck to all, St. Paul is a good department to be part of.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber

Default A long wait.

Thanks to the both of you. I have been on the list for three years. I am very excited and ready to go. I know very little on what to expect with the next few months, anything I should expect?

Thanks again,

WI

Expect? Stairs and lots of them in the academy. St. Paul prides itself on the level of pt in the academy and it maintains a fairly tough requirement through the apprenticeship. Everything is done with full turnouts, bottle and on air. You work harden fast, but it pays of on the street.
    Our pt was divided up: one day stairs-6 stories, 10 times passing the highrise pack through the group. In nice weather, in bad its the 26 stairwells of the colosseum. Then circuit training. Day 2-weights and a 3+ mile jog around the complex or lake.
    PM me, I will be doing your elevator class in the academy.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

WI, your class is not a 17C class, everyone hired who was is off the list. and like RUM was saying, Lots and lots of p.t, you will be in great shape by the time your finished.
    Congratulations and good luck, this is the best job in the world and as far as I'm concerned one of the best fire depts in the country as well.

Take care.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Thank you!

Thanks for letting me know what to expect. So your saying that if your not in shape you will be soon. I will look forward to your class and working with you in the furure. Thanks again,

WI

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Extended List

The list for St. Paul must have been extended another year. I recently was mailed a request for more info for a fall academy. It sounds like they are hiring 18 due to a Safer Grant. Not sure what the process is like from here but it is good to hear from a great department like St. Paul.

Has anyone else heard from SPFD? I took the test in 05' and ranked in the 95% group. Any idea what to expect for an interview or backround would be helpful. Also, if any current SPFD firefighters have advice I am all ears.

Thanks

Forum Member

Default Help

Congrats WI that's great! I know this thread's a little old but that's awesome
    Last edited by SPFD17; 11-14-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Forum Member

Any pointers from the academy?
    Last edited by SPFD17; 11-14-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Thread Information