Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey311 View Post
    Not using proper grammar and not being able to speak english are two different things.
    Than you can use not speaking proper english....Are you telling me you've never run a patient who speaks in eubonics?....

Forum Member

Not using proper grammar and not being able to speak english are two different things.
    and you still didn't answer my question....Do you think RFexplorers post was any more "professional" than the person who started the thread?

Personally, I'd rather see someone not typing an A grade paper than insulting someone asking for help....

But thats just my $.02..

Forum Member

Yes I have had to deal with paitents that speaks "ebonics." I have a very hard time understanding them and its frustrating.

Do I feel that RFxplr326's post was profesional or not? Yes. Yes it was professional cause he used proper grammar and he is try to advise other people to act more professional.

Yes sometimes post are mean but at the same time they are helpful.
    Hello. Fire dept.. You light'em, We fight'em!

"hard working, gear jamming, nail driving, "jake". "

IACOJ
    4-16-2010 "On the approach"

Forum Member

Yes I have had to deal with paitents that speaks "ebonics." I have a very hard time understanding them and its frustrating.

Do I feel that RFxplr326's post was profesional or not. Yes. Yes it was professional cause he used proper grammar and he is try to advise other people to act more professional.
    So you think insulting and mocking people is professional?...

Wow...

Forum Member

Do I feel that RFxplr326's post was profesional or not? Yes. Yes it was professional cause he used proper grammar and he is try to advise other people to act more professional.

Yes sometimes post are mean but at the same time they are helpful.
    For some reason I doubt any will call you out for your typing errors...

It seems as it's okay to not type everything correctly as long as you're "cool".

Anyway, I've made my point...take it for what you want...If you feel the need to keep insulting people for their imperfect grammar, than so be it...I won't lose any sleep over it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by somebody509 View Post
    I really don't...I just find it pathetic that you, and many others here spend so much time critiquing other peoples grammar and spelling. I'm in the juniors forum because I'm still a junior....why are you here?..
    DON'T EVEN START THAT BECAUSE WE WON'T BE WELCOME IN OTHER THREADS.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

For some reason I doubt any will call you out for your typing errors...

It seems as it's okay to not type everything correctly as long as you're "cool".

Anyway, I've made my point...take it for what you want...If you feel the need to keep insulting people for their imperfect grammar, than so be it...I won't lose any sleep over it.
    I dont think that I am all that cool. And I know my english is not perfect. But I try.

And I never said insulting was okay. But these days it seems to be the only way to get the point across to some people.

IACOJ

Forum Member

I really don't...I just find it pathetic that you, and many others here spend so much time critiquing other peoples grammar and spelling. I'm in the juniors forum because I'm still a junior....why are you here?..

I see nothing wrong with pointing out major spelling errors if you can't understand what someones trying to get across, but saying hostile things like RFExplorer did are completely unnecessary...The kid comes on here looking for help/information on helmets, and instead gets mocked?...I hope thats not how you treat people in real life, and if it is I can say I'm very glad I don't live anywhere near you..

As for school papers...I'm pretty sure no one posting in here is an english teacher, and you're not receiving grades based on a post written on a casualonline forum...

Again, being a stickler for proper grammar certainly has its place, ie: interviews and applications...but it's sure as hell not an online firefighting forum..

I don't see how it is pathetic by trying to give somebody advice. Could RF not have mocked him in that post, sure but the second post he made about the spelling correcter wasn't bad at all. Actually I don't spend much time at all telling people they should correct themselves. I am usually just agreeing with people when they do say it. I just go after the real bad ones. I am here because I can be.

I am in the military, people get mocked and made fun of all the time. This is MILD

I know this is not english class, but I've seen too many people write papers, essays or anything the same way they would type online while talking to their buddies on MSN. I don't know many teachers or employers who would accept things like kno and thanx. There is a time and place and this is definitely a place to do it. I know some forums where any sort of slang or instant messaging style typing would get you banned. This forum is nice when it comes to grammatical correction if you ask me. It's not hurting anybody by telling them they need to improve on grammar and spelling.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    I know some forums where any sort of slang or instant messaging style typing would get you banned.
    Well than I guess it's a good thing the web team decided not to make this one of those forums.

Forum Member

Well than I guess it's a good thing the web team decided not to make this one of those forums.
    Grow up. Honestly. Just drop it. You can't win everything in life. Just ask Tom Brady.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

I guess so.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    Grow up. Honestly. Just drop it. You can't win everything in life. Just ask Tom Brady.
    http://tombrady.ytmnd.com/

IACOJ

Forum Member

HAHAHA ROF-LMFAO!
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

BWAHAHAA. Now that was funny.

Ryan

Forum Member

ever thought some people cant spell real grate... dude just back off

Than you can use not speaking proper english....Are you telling me you've never run a patient who speaks in eubonics?....

Thread Information